Important Links for Newbies to Help Get Through Treatment
Some helpful information for all types of treatment for breast cancer on the main Breastcancer.org site:
- Treatment & Side Effects features extensive information on all types of breast cancer treatment, and what to expect with those treatments, including Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Hormonal Therapy, Targeted Therapy, and Complementary & Holistic Medicine.
- Treatments for Pain includes information on ways to treat cancer-related and treatment-related pain including types of medication and new ways to talk with your doctor about pain.
- Drugs for Treatment and Risk Reduction is a comprehensive index of all medicines associated with breast cancer and treatment, including how the drugs work, and side effects to expect.
- Treatment Side Effects features a list of all side effects associated with breast cancer and treatment, with information on what causes the effects and tips to help manage these effects.
- Breaking Research News about Side Effects of Breast Cancer Treatment
- Breaking Research News about Managing Menopausal Symptoms and Breast Cancer
Some helpful Discussion Board threads can also give you an opportunity to talk with others who are experiencing what you are, or have been there:
- Cold Cap Users Past and Present, to Save Hair
- CMF Question
- Forum: Surgery - Before, During and After
- Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After
- Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During and After
- Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After
- Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment
- Forum: Alternative Medicine
We also offer virtual support meetups for those going through active treatment. View the Meetup Schedule and register here.
We hope this helps!