Important Links on Complementary & Holistic Medicine
Varying opinions on treatment and health are expected in the discussion boards, but please refrain from offering specific medical advice to members. We encourage you to please take the time to read the medically vetted and edited information that we provide on our main BCO website, and always consult your medical team before making any medical or treatment decision. Sometimes a second opinion can also be very helpful.
For extensive information about what complementary & holistic medicine is, types of complementary & holistic medicine, and research news on this type of medicine, see Breastcancer.org's Complementary & Holistic Medicine section, including information on:
- What Is Complementary Medicine?, with details on how it works, things to consider and cost.
- Types of Complementary Medicine, describing many different options.
- Finding a Complementary Medicine Practitioner, with info on finding a reputable practioner, and questions to ask
- Podcast: Integrating Complementary Therapies Into Your Care
- Research News: Taking Certain Supplements Before and During Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer May Be Risky
- Breast Cancer Patients' Use of Cannabis
- All about Medical Cannabis
- Breaking Research News about Complementary and Holistic Therapies
Hope this helps!