Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Found a lump on rib. Hate worrying so much!

Options
2»

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hmm, I've had it off and on for over 4 years!!! Doesn't last long when it's here, though....

• thankful4life
    thankful4life Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2012
    Options

Had surgery Thursday to remove lump, and now I am REALLY sore! I guess I will get pathology results next week. Hope everybody is doing well.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2012
    Options

Sherry, was worried when we didn't hear from you yesterday!!! Glad to know it's done, so sorry you are really sore now. Did they acknowledge that they took "something" out at least? Like, it wasn't necrosis or something???

Will be waited with bated breath to hear the news. You are in my thoughts and prayers still.

• SAMayoFL
    SAMayoFL Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hey Sherry, any news yet?

Susan

• thankful4life
    thankful4life Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2012
    Options

It's benign!!!!!! I'm so grateful. Thank you all so much for checking on me!

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yay Thankful!

• Jac53
    Jac53 Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2012
    Options

So pleased for you with that result Sherry!

• anamerty
    anamerty Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2012
    Options

I'm still trying to get some info on my lump, from anyone in this forum. The lump I have is at the 7 oclock right side, very low and over my rib. It is actually pressing abainst my rib. My lump is breast cancer and having double mastectomies this coming Monday.I am still concerned that the cancer because its sitting on my rib, that it has invaded the bones already. They say its about 1.5 cm and caught early, IDC grade 3 triple negative. Just wondering if it is possible that if the cancer was on the rib, if the spread could be faster into the bones that way.

• NicoleJasien
    NicoleJasien Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    Options

This post makes me feel so much better! I've been so depressed since I found my lump and I posted a new thread that no one answered.... So grateful I took the time to search! Going in today to have it looked at.

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thankful4life- I don't think you will get many women in this world even if they are not  BCO who are not concerned with every unusal lump or pain being mets or something to do with cancer. i spoke to my Doc about it as i have been having severe headaches or miagrains.  and he is sending me to nuerologist to check for brain mets, i told him that there is alot of women out there with BC DX that get very worried about every pain or unusal thing that happens to them,  well he said, that would be very understandable as you can never under esitmate BC. as it can happen and you don't always need symptoms, cancer is a sneaky swine, got you b4 you know it. So if you feel concerned, you have every right to do so, even if its not anything bad, its  yr right to be concerned, paranoid as do  any women or any cancer sufferers.  Gosh i am, can't help it. try not to. We are vonrable. hope and pray the lump is nothing to worry about and you get a clearance with it. gentle hugs

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    edited October 2012
    Options

i wrote a post to thankful for life and then found it was about six months late to the post she had first entered. sorry, and did not really apply the same if i had been recent.

Nicole jassie, hope that lump is ok.  and you get a clean bil of health, BC can make you feel very down for sure. hope and pray you ok.

• NicoleJasien
    NicoleJasien Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thanks :) my pa thinks it's nothing but to be on the safe side she's going to ultrasound it.

• razel70
    razel70 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Options

i found out a lump in my left side under my breast its like top of my brist and when i bend it hurts me. im worried .anybody in here have the same like me, its just 4 days today. please need advice.

thank u

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    edited May 2017
    Options

razel70, this is an old thread and nobody posted here since 2012 so you may want to start your own new topic under this same forum, the Not Diagnosed But Worried forum. Let us know if you need help with that!

Anyway, if you're feeling discomfort we suggest that you see your doctor. Your primary care doctor should be fine at this point. It's probably nothing serious, but better to have it checked out!

Best wishes,

The Mods

• Jeepgirl21
    Jeepgirl21 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have these lumps on both sides under my breast on my ribs. I found that they are only painful if I wear an underside bra or any bra that puts any pressure on them. They do get very painful if I wear the wrong bra so I try to be mindful of that. I definitely don't wear under wire ones. They are lipomas so not to worry.

• MTwoman
    MTwoman Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2017
    Options

Jeepgirl, this is an old thread and the only newer post (from razel70) was her only post. Welcome to BCO!

• jamathis83
    jamathis83 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Options

I’m currently having the same problem! I was diagnosed at age 25 with Stage 2 cancer. Sentinel node removed and negative! I am almost 10 years into remission and now I have a painful small growth on my left rib area....not my cancer side! I did a double mastectomy and chemo so now that I have reached almost 10 years I’m worried!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    edited March 2018
    Options

Jeepgirl21, indeed, welcome. Probably best to post in a more recent, active thread. jamathis83, you may also want to start a new topic with your post as well. Have you made an appointment yet to get it looked at? We truly hope that it is nothing!!!

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited March 2018
    Options

jamathis, you should definitively get it checked! Hoping it is something like scar tissue. Keep us pisted

• Mi555im
    Mi555im Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Options

I just went for my ultrasound on this lump found on my rib cage. I know how to go for a CT scan. Mine dosent hurt tho. I don't know what it is and I don't like not knowing. Is it just me?

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited April 2018
    Options

(( Mi555im ))..no ..it's not just you ..we all understand how awful it is waiting..I hope you get benign results !!!

• Cookie39-7
    Cookie39-7 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Options

I really need some advice, I have a lump on the left breast which I was told is a fatty lump. It's painful at times. I have found a huge cyst on my left ribs at the bottom of the rib cage, this is really quite painful, there are lots of smaller cysts around my breast. My mum had a mastectomy so I am pretty vigilant about checking myself. I am currently on zoladex implant too for endometriosis. Could this be a side effect? I don't want to feel silly by going to the doctor

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2018
    Options

Any lump should be checked out! Never feel silly for having a new concern addressed. Hoping all turns out to be benign.