Important Links for Newbies About Chemotherapy
The main Breastcancer.org site has extensive information about Chemotherapy Treatment, including how chemotherapy works, who gets chemotherapy and chemotherapy medicines. Read Breaking Research News about Chemotherapy.
Here are some other good places to get started:
- Chemotherapy: What to Expect
- Managing Chemotherapy Side Effects
- Managing Hair Loss From Chemotherapy
- Research News on Chemotherapy
- Podcast: Neuropathy: Causes and Treatments
- Wigs: Types, Care, Costs and More
There's also some great tips and practical advice on the following discussion board threads:
- If you'll be starting Chemo soon, or are currently undergoing treatment, browse through the threads in the Chemotherapy forum for a monthly thread that corresponds to your treatment, where you can meet others going through chemo at the same time, and you
can compare your experiences, get support, and support others.
- Tips for getting through chemotherapy
- More Tips (and a Shopping List) for Getting Through Chemo
- PORT PLACEMENT: Detailed description of process
- wig advice
- Cold Cap Users Past and Present, to Save Hair
- Expert tips on Hair Loss and Wigs
- Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin
- Tiffany's Twenty Terrific Tips for TC
We hope this is helpful.