Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IBC? Or coincidental symptoms?

Options
2»

Comments

• PriscillaDiane
    PriscillaDiane Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Options

Did u find answers for your post April 2012? I am having the same symptoms. Beginning symptoms, rash/welt insect bite looking, painful, irritating...

I also had a an IBC scare for he there breast. But only ad one spot cause lot of pain. Went to ER an had a lot of test run. But it cleared up with a nasty purple scare.

Now the other breast has red painful welts. Looks like am insect bite me several times.

From yr pic it looks the same. Just wondering if it's something i should be worried about. I hav had shingles bfor and starting meds for that tomorrow to see if that's the diagnosis.

• Wintercex
    Wintercex Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Options

does ibc cause breast pain and if so does it come and go

• Houston2016
    Houston2016 Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2019
    Options

hello everyone,

I don't know if this board is still active, but I try. My story is I had IDC of left breast Dx 03/2016, went through chemo, left mx, radiation. Last rads was 01/31/17. Since then my rad skin has mild cellulitis in May 2017, went away with antibiotics. Everything is good until May 2018; had bronchitis and was on Z pak antibiotics. In December 2018; noticed small area of redness on the left mx side, I still have TE on, and called plastic surgeon, he wasn't there so his NP gave me antibiotics again Clidimycin for 7 days. OK. It went away January 3. Then January 6-7 I have some rash again it started red spot small area then I was told by NP just keep area nice clean. Then at same time I have low fever for 3-4 days and my mouth has a cold sore that broke out and painful then January 23 I decided to see PS. At that time the rash kinda smudge out spread a little sideways. PS wanted to do biopsy for IBC, varicella, and other virus. He gave antiviral and antibiotic for the cold sore as well. So far the test results have not come back. This drive me crazy, I started to feel left lymph nodes swelling a little. Could this be symptoms of IBC. I want to add my cold sore got better but just yesterday had low fever 99 and often feel chill.

Thanks everyone.

• Inan
    Inan Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi

Am from India and am 29 yrs old. And for more than a month my left breast is warm. Slightly warmer than the right. Especially around the areola and nipple. I hav heard this is the first symptom of IBC and am really really scared. I do plan to see a doc, but i also hear it is not easily detected. I cant sleep and am worried every minute.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited April 2019
    Options

Dear Inan,

We are so sorry that you are having these worries. This is an older thread and so you may or may not get any responses. Also we advise that members who are not diagnosed but worried post their questions in the Not Diagnosed But Worried Forum. The IBC forum is really for those already diagnosed and we caution you to not jump to that conclusion. There can be many reasons for your breast symptoms that are not related to cancer and it is important to get professional advice to get to the bottom of this. Let us know how you make out with your doctor. Let us know if we can be of help.

The Mods

• faceface10
    faceface10 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi, is your left breast still warmer than the other, I have that, and saw your post, is it always warmer, did you get it checked out

thanks

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    edited November 2020
    Options

faceface10

This is an old, inactive thread. You'll need to start your own thread to get any responses.