Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dark veins on breast

Options
shelle3
shelle3 Member Posts: 7
edited October 2018 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I noticed today that I have very dark veins showing up on my left breast - especially around the nipple area.  I am 40 years old, and just had my period last week.  Any thoughts?  This is very concerning since they suddenly just showed up!

Comments

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited August 2012
    Options

shelle, I think what you're describing should be pointed out to a doctor -- preferably a breast surgeon.  As you may know, cancerous lesions do require additional blood supply.  So while it's not cause for alarm, it certainly merits further investigation.     Deanna

• Kareywith3littlekittens
    Kareywith3littlekittens Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Options

Seriously?! I did not know that.

I was just thinking a few weeks ago that one of my breasts looks like it's pregnant again with all the dark veins.

And, lucky me, it's the breast with the shady past and upcoming us.

Shelle3 if you do learn something about the vein-ness, will you post what you know? I have a whole 7 days to go before my testing day and I am looking for lots of reasons to relax.

Karey

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited August 2012
    Options

shelle and Karey, here's an excellent 2010 TED presentation -- well worth watching -- that explains angiogenesis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_5Z31mUmtc

There are also antiangigenesis foods to be aware of:  http://blog.ted.com/2010/02/10/dr_william_lis/ 

I also coincidentally came across this illustration on FB this morning.  http://www.edoctortips.com/2012/07/12-signs-of-breast-cancer-revealed.html

Of course, having new veins is NOT an automatic sign of a problem.  But it's definitely worth pointing out to your doc, especially if you have any of the other 12 signs mentioned in that illustration.     Deanna

edited August 2012
    Options

Gotta say, those are not good looking oranges!

Thanks for the link, it was really interesting.

And, I think my veins might be related to my cycle despite being just on the one side. After a moment of panic I realized my cycle did just start early (thank you stress, that's ever so helpful) so I'll watch it and tell the dr about it when I see him to get the results from next weeks tests.

Karey

• shelle3
    shelle3 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi Karey!  Seems like my veins are also related to my cycle.  I noticed them on day 10 (of a 28 day cycle).  The vein that concerned me is actually a prominent vein that my hubby said "has always been there".  My doctor wants me to wait through my cycle to see how things go.  Today my breasts are achy, and I have a heck of a headache.  My hormones must be doing a number on me this month!  I should lay off the caffeine, too!

Shelle

edited August 2012
    Options

Gah! I could never quit coffee! Then I'd have to quit with the walking and doing and words-putting-into-sentences too! Lol

(saw that this morning on fb and it made me chuckle)

Glad it seems normal now anyway, I think I'll still ask about it when I go follow up regardless. Just to fully lay my worries to rest. What the heck right?

• kdonna
    kdonna Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi Shelle3, not to worry you, but it should be evaluated by your doctor. I had breast cancer 6 years ago and the doctors missed a large blue vein going from my left arm into my left breast. I thought it looked odd, but on my visit to my gyn he gave me a breast exam and never made an issue of it. I also had an odd odor from my left underarm. It turns out that both of these symptoms are not the more usual but can indeed be cancer related.  Be sure to point it out to your doctor, as he may not notice it.

kdonna

• autism_mom
    autism_mom Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    Options

oh great...just when i started to think my sudden vein appearance meant nothing. well they are for sure not related to my cycle since i dont do that anymore. and the underarm odor..though it may just be summertime in az it has never been so noticable. maybe my dh is right. i am obsessed with all thinga breast right now.

• kdonna
    kdonna Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi, look for a vein that travels from one area and into your breast and see if the odor is only on one side before you jump to any conclusions. Having it checked out is my best advice.

kdonna

• KD2011
    KD2011 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2012
    Options

On the right breast in which I have something going on, my vein is VERY prominate. T is very large ans dark and seems to be getting bigger. No idea if it is related but curious to see if it affects anything.

• Tk18
    Tk18 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Options

I've been having cysts on my boobs and under my arms, I have dark veins running through my areola. I dont know if I should be worried or not.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,943
    edited October 2018
    Options

Dear TK18,

We are sorry that these changes in your breast are causing you concern. We are glad that you reached out. Unfortunately this thread has not seen recent activity. The last post was dated 2012. Why don't you start a new topic that might be more readily seen by our members. Let us know if we can be of help. The Mods

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    edited October 2018
    Options

Tk18, I did see your note. I developed dark veins that radiated out from my tumor. Doctors dismissed it and there is little literature when one does an online search. I don't want to sound alarmist and it may well be nothing, but best to get it checked out.

Lyn