Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

HappyandWell, I am in New Braunfels and was treated here. When I was being evaluated for thickened endometrium, my local gyne indicated she would refer to an oncology gyne in Austin, if need be (thankfully it was not needed). If you are in San Antonio, I have heard good things about the cancer center there.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you like.

• happyandwell
    happyandwell Member Posts: 6
    Options

Beaverntx, thank you. How did you guess it was New Braunfels? :) I will PM you for more info about your doc.

Of course I'd rather not drive to SA or Austin for health care. But in the back of my mind there's always the "what if it comes back with a vengeance?" fear which is what makes me consider the cancer center.

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

Just popping in to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

It's going to be one for the books, but there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Please stay safe, until we meet again!

((HUGS))

• beaverntx
    Options

Happy Turkey Day to all!! Planning a quiet one at home.

• NY2TXbaby
    NY2TXbaby Member Posts: 113
    Options

Wishing everyone a happy and most importantly a healthy Thanksgiving. It definitely is one for the record books. Definitely more quiet and intimate than in years past but still a good one. So grateful we are now living in South Florida since all year round we can spend most of our time outdoors. Certainly helps with dealing with Covid.

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

just stopping by to say "HI Everyone" Wishing you the best this holiday csn possibly be. I know it wiil be a quiet one for me. Probably exactly what I need.

Stay safe, virtual hugs to all. Cant wait till we can all meet up again

It will be epic!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Happy Holidays Y'all!

May your days be Merry and bright, however they are spent!

I will be "Home Alone" this year...well, Buddy will be keeping me company. My son will face-time me Cmas morning while the kids open their presents. I'll see them around New Years week-end and my Daughter and her family the week after that. Too many others coming and going at their houses right now.

Stay well!

Terri and Buddy

• beaverntx
    Options

Blessed holidays to all.

We will be four on Christmas day (me, DH, and the two dogs!) adding 5 (older son and family) on Saturday. Coming Saturday because I asked that they quarantine for 7 days before coming and their middle daughter came in from California over the weekend. Keeping fingers crossed that we all stay healthy.

Take care, stay as safe as you can.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I hope you have a great day, and a safe and joyful new year!

Xoxo

Jen

• vbishop
    Options

I hope everyone had joyous Christmas this year, even through all the challenges of seeing family and friends! Wishing all a peaceful and safe New Year!

Finished my first round of my new protocol. Chemo queen has met her match. Time to get to work.

Updated the blog.

• keepthefaith
    Options

Happy New Year everyone! I hope and pray that 2021 treats us all better than 2020.

My 12 yr old GS contracted COVID while with his Dad during Cmas break. (He thought it was a good idea to go to Kalahari resort and spend the week-end) ....eh.

He is at home now with Mom and family, in quarantine. I am praying that they get thru it unscathed. My DD shared one of his texts:

"I think I will have spinach for dinner since I can't taste anything anyway...or kale!". LOL Gotta laugh.

I also saw this post on FB..." I don't know what to wear on New Years', when I go to the living room...I may just not even go"! That's me in a nutshell right now.

Vicki, I hope your new TX treats you well.!:)

Stay well everyone~

((HUGS))

Terri

• jwoo
    Options

oh Terri, I hope everyone gets better soon!

Vicki, holla if you need anything, or just want to chat.

Happyandwell- l hope you found a dr you have confidence in.

Everyone: I hope 2021 brings you all healing, happiness, and love. I really miss our lunches, and everyone's lovely smiles.

Here's to being able to see all of our loved ones, soon!

• c00l
    c00l Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’m in Midland. Would love to connect and support

• keepthefaith
    Options

Welcome c001!

Chime in anytime. We used to get together every few months and hope to do that again at some point when it's feasible. Hopefully, we can meet up again in the near future. Stay tuned~

Newbies always welcome.Smile

Terri

• jwoo
    Options

hi c001! Welcome, and I hope you are well.

Terri, how's the GS?

thinking of you all daily, hoping you are all safe

🌸

• happyandwell
    Options

Hi all,

We made the big move to Texas last month and BAM - both my husband and I ended up with Covid after we got here. Luckily my recovery was very quick and I never had symptoms worse than a moderate cold. My husband was sicker, and for longer, but he is now recovered. We are really baffled about where we picked it up. It was a little scary because we obviously didn't have doctors here yet, but my husband got care via video calls with his long-time doctor back in CA so it all worked out OK.

Anyway...that has been our exciting life for the last few weeks!

• keepthefaith
    Options

happyandwell,

Welcome to our thread and to Texas! I'm glad you made it thru Covid okay. What part of Texas are you in?

Jen, My GS is doing well. Back to in-person school. He lost his taste and smell for a couple of weeks and got fatigued at first. Thanks for asking.

Vicki, I hope you are doing well. Prayers continued.

I got my first vaccine on the 11th. Just a bit of a sore arm for less than a day. I'm hoping they will contact me when it's time to get the booster. I will say, mentally, it was a relief!

Stay well everyone~

• happyandwell
    Options

Thanks for the welcome; we are in New Braunfels. Just saw upthread that your grandson was sick but I'm glad he made it through OK - most young people do, thankfully.

• keepthefaith
    Options

Right down the road! We have met in NB a few times. Hopefully, our next meet up will be sooner than later and you can make it!

• jwoo
    Options

hi all!
    I hope you are all safe and warm right now.

This is some crazy stuff! I was so excited about the snow, but boy, it definitely turned into a nightmare for so many. I certainly never expected to see temperatures like this in Austin in my lifetime.

John and I are fine. We are accidentally exceptionally lucky to live where we do. So we just run heat and light for the dogs, and a heated blanket at night for us and the cat. I've been computing by candlelight, which makes late meetings amusing for the others. I can't remember the last shower I took 🥺 But we are so fortunate and were able to help others.

Vicki- I hope you didn't lose power again. I was so worried.

Everyone please check in- especially if we've not heard from you in a while. Please?

Jeni

• beaverntx
    Options

Checking in from NB. Power is back on but water is not. Our household major issue is we are running out of propane so not using the gas cooktop and have thermostat set at 58. Delivery was scheduled for the 15th and we all know what that day was like.

Shower? What is that? Been so long not certain I remember! And of course I was also supposed to do laundry early this week. We have lived where it snowed regularly and have dealt with power being out many times but not for days at a time. Only time I

remember being without water was once when the meter froze.

Lucky for us, we have two queen size plush blankets with "sherpa"lining which we are snuggled in most of the time. And with power on I can use various electric appliances to cook, just have to eat quickly if we want to be eating warm food!

All that said, we are OK, getting a bit grouchy with the cold and looking forward to having heat again when the propane trucks can be on the road, hoping for today or tomorrow.

• vbishop
    Options

Hi Jen!

Thankfully, power stayed on. I still have all the extra blankets on our bed .... we weren't taking chances. I just now drained the bathtubs. A little paranoid, I'm sure. Better safe than sorry. Happy that we are on the downside of this thing!

Hoping everyone is safe and WARM!!

• vbishop
    Options

Beaverntx

Sorry you are having to fight the cold. It can be brutal. I feel confident propane trucks will be up and running by tomorrow at the latest. Meanwhile, your blankets sound heavenly! I am a blanket girl through and through, even living in Texas.

Stay warm! Hoping we can all get together soon!

I was suppose to start the vaccine tomorrow, but they postponed. Sigh. Hoping for next week.

• vbishop
    Options

HappyandWell =

Welcome to the group! Where are you from, pre-Texas? Trust me, this weather is not normal. Lack of rapid response? On this and COVID vaccine seems to be par for the course, sad to say.

Anyway, we are a great group, diverse, all ages, all stages, and all beautiful!

Maybe on next meetup can be in New Braunfels or nearby. I love New Braunfels. In the next month or so you can start exploring your surroundings. Great little towns with tons of character and charm.

Hope to meet you soon!

• vbishop
    Options

Blog updated! It's been a while. We're changing meds .... again. I need to head over to the MBC thread and see what nuggets of wisdom I can pick up.

Check it out = https://vjbishop.blogspot.com

• NY2TXbaby
    NY2TXbaby Member Posts: 113
    Options

hey my central Texas sisters! I have been following those horrible storms and power outages in Texas and are thinking of all of you. I am sending you some warm sunny Florida weather to hopefully melt all that snow when ice and turn on those heaters again. This weather sure has been crazy everywhere this year already. Will be the last of the cold. viki - keep us updated on your journey. I am so sorry you’re having to change meds again but hopefully the next one will do the trick. I finally took the plunge and hooked up with an oncologist here six months ago mainly because of coronavirus. I realized I wasn’t going to be able to easily come back every six months. I even have to cancel my appointments from March 2021 so no visit for me this year. So far everything good I have a follow up appointment next week with their office. I also have to find a new gastroenterologist, and dentist - that is the worst part of moving. I have been going back every six months for the last five years seeing all of my regular docs in Texas. But I finally have had to cut the cord. But that doesn’t mean I don’t plan to come back every so often for visits with friends. It’s only a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away. But definitely not in February during a snowstorm. LOL

• keepthefaith
    Options

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is well! I have never been so glad to see snow disappear!

I spent the past week at my sons' in PF. He at least has a wood-burning fireplace and gas stove. My house is all electric....still having to conserve water here and boil, but I'm thankful my pipes didn't burst and I have running water at all. This has been a trying week for so many.

Vicki, I hope your new treatment does the trick!

I am getting my second vax on Tuesday. Way late, but it is what it is.

Stay well until we meet again!

((HUGS))

Terri

• beaverntx
    Options

We are fully back. Turns out our water disruption was due to our main line being diverted to a hospital so no bursting pipes and the boil restriction was just lifted. In addition, we finally got some propane. Our furnace quit running on Friday but a small electric space heater kept us at 58 to 60 in the area of the house where we have spent the days and nights. Looking forward to doing the laundry that was on my schedule for last Monday, or maybe it is looking forward to having the clean clothes as a result of doing laundry..

• DH320
    DH320 Member Posts: 21
    Options

hi y’all,

I got diagnosed in January and we are still sorting out all kinds of stuff. Last Thursday I had a biopsy in the left breast. Waiting on results is really trying.
    My original diagnosis was for the right breast and two lymph nodes. Very overwhelmed but trying to be positive.

• jwoo
    Options

glad everyone survived the snowpacolipse!

DH320- sorry that you are having to wait for another biopsy. It's the worst. Hopefully it comes back clear, and ghat whatever treatment course you are in is successful. Sending you positive thoughts.

Candy- hoping that you can visit sometime this year, and we can actually all safely meet. I'm glad you are finding doctors close to home, even if that means that we see you less. It's good to have them near if needed.

Has anyone heard from Cindy? I sur miss her.