Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Texas Hill Country BC Warriors?

Options

Comments

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    Options

Vickie, bummer! Prayers aplenty.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Vickie

I'm so sorry. Sending caring thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know how we may help.

Yes, we are very lucky to have Jen!

Will read your blog.

(((Hugs)))

Cind

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

Hey ladies... it’s been awhile. I’ve been “stalking” y’all on here (not creepy at all) just not contributing.

I was able to visit and meet Jodi at MDA (last year I believe - I tend to lose track of time).

Reading Vickie’s news has brought me “out of hiding” so to speak. Vickie, I’m so sorry. I have no idea what to say that doesn’t sound trite.

I wish I could make it all go away for all of us.

Know that I think of y’all often. I so enjoyed meeting some of you at Palmers that one time. Maybe I can meet up with y’all again soon.

Holli

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

hi Holli!!! I've been wondering where you've been!

We would LOVE to see you next get together. Probably sometime in January. We'll maybe plan something in SM again? I was thinking of going a bit further into the hc, but the 35 corridor is def more convenient for most.

Maybe I'll set up a poll somewhere...

• RHGSR
    RHGSR Member Posts: 179
    Options

🥰 Missed y’all!

• vbishop
    vbishop Member Posts: 332
    Options

thanks!

• vbishop
    Options

HI Cind! Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Hope you are having fun with all your travels ... and dancing!

Hi Holli so great to "see" you. I have thought of you often and hope you are doing well.

Right now we are hopeful that chemo will shrink and kill my monster tumor. I never wanted to do the chemo route but the alternative is not acceptable. Anyway, so far so good.

Keep the prayers coming!

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    Options

Hi all!

Vicki, so hard to read your news. Please know that I am praying for you and will continue to do so:). If you ever need a ride or want company to appts, please let me know. I can usually work around my work appts.. Jen' has my number, if you don't, or you can PM me from here.

I'll check out your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Good to hear from the rest of you that have been MIA!:)) Hope to see everyone again soon.

((HUGS))

Terri

• vbishop
    Options

Thanks, Terri. Prayers welcome!

• rmlulu
    Options

Vicki - Read your blog...you so ROCK!

Love the new hair...color streaks are so you 💕😎😜

Cindy

• vbishop
    Options

Glad you checked out the blog. It is so therapeutic for. I try to find the humor where I can, but it can be rough. Happy you liked the wig. It is so fun! I have another one, similar shape, not as long. That pretty lilac gray with deep purple underneath. Haven't debuted that one yet. I'll post a picture when i do. So far I am handling chemo pretty well. Hasnt slowed me down yet. I know the day is coming, so taking advantage while I have the energy.

Kero the prayers coming!

• NY2TXbaby
    NY2TXbaby Member Posts: 113
    Options

Vicki

Please forgive me for responding so late but I’ve been out of the country past 2 weeks. I haven’t read your blog (not sure how to connect - so please let me know), but from what I gather you are fighting the bAttle once again. I am so sorry you are having to go thru chemo. Sending you all my love and prayers and lots and lots of hugs. 💗

Candy

• vbishop
    Options

thanks, Candy. To say it was a shock is an understatement. My odds of recurrence was 7% yet here I am. Sigh.

My blog: https://vjbishop.blogspot.com

• vbishop
    Options

hope you had a great vacay!

• vbishop
    Options

HI All!

Happy almost Halloween. I am posting shamelessly to promote my dog, Sam, and his Halloween costume for his doggy day care. They are having a competition. Not only do I think Sam is cute, but he is supporting a good cause, breast cancer awareness (like we all need to be aware - we ARE aware on this sight, right?).

Anyway, I hope you check it out and vote for my fur baby. I added the link to my blog: https://vjbishop.blotspot.com cuz I can't figure out how to insert the link from the Facebook page. Note: you don't have to log into Facebook to vote if you click on the link in the blog.

Plus, I am working on updating the blog tonight: getting my head shaved, chemo day 3, and rant about the false narrative re: early stage detection and diagnosis; what they don't tell you. I think that will be my mission going forward. Research, education, and push for more research dollars for MBC that consistently takes the lives of 40K men and women a year. I don't intend to be one of those women in the 40K figure.

Here is my handsome supporter:

• rmlulu
    Options

Happy November!

Much to be grateful for...all of you.

Vic luv your blog and your handsome support dog...Sam😜😎

(((Hugs)))

Cind

• vbishop
    Options

Hi Cindy! Thanks for the kind words. Sadly, Sam did not win the costume contest. He got beat by two dachsunds.

Although i have MBC, I have a lot to be thankful for. This group is definitely on the list! Plus I am handling chemo well .. So far. But I consider Taxol chemo light compared to others. Scheduled treatments end 11/27, then CT and PET scan on 12/2, visit with oncologist 12/6 to discuss results and next steps.

Happy early thanksgiving all!

Blog updated. https://vjbishop.blogspot.com

• NY2TXbaby
    NY2TXbaby Member Posts: 113
    Options

Vicki

Chemo sucks but so glad you only have 3-4 weeks left. Praying PET scan will bring good news. Cancer definitely doesn’t discriminate. Not matter what stage we get diagnosed at it is always on our minds. The best we can do is not let it define us! Sending you nothing but hugs, love and positivity! 💗💗candy

• vbishop
    Options

Thanks, Candy! I refuse to let cancer define me! I have no short or long term prognosis at this point. We know the tumor(s) are shrinking, but don't know what else is on store until after the 12/2 test results. Feeling good, remaining upbeat, and determined! Kero the prayers coming!

• vbishop
    Options

Happy early Thanksgiving, everyone! Last round of Taxol on Wednesday! Scans on 12/2, then doc on 12/6. Fingers crossed!

• keepthefaith
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I'll be having TG dinner at my house with my family for the first time since I moved to Taylor. Super excited!

Vicki, I hope you get good news on your scans:). Pls keep us posted.

This postcard is dated 1917. My Grandmothers' collection.

• vbishop
    Options

Beautiful postcard! Enjoy hosting this year! Hibby and I are chilling and enjoying the quiet time.

• jwoo
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies! Hoping you all have people you love around you!❤️

• vbishop
    Options

Love the pic, Jen!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. I've updated my blog with PET results. Overall, good news. No evidence of new disease, tumors are shrinking, except for one, but it isn't growing, so that's a plus. Four more weeks of Taxol, finishing on 12/27. Seems like I just started. So far, I am handling chemo well, but side effects are starting to show up. Blood levels remain strong. Still not in "stay away from crowds" level yet.

Check it out! https://vjbishop.blogspot.com

• keepthefaith
    Options

Hi Vicki, I'm glad you are handling the chemo well. I know you'll be glad when you are done with it. Keep the tumors shrinking:).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season~

• keepthefaith
    Options

Thinking of you all, esp you, Vicki!

I hope everyone spends this Holiday season with those you love:). Let's get together again soon.

My late brothers' Santa and Reindeer ornament:

Please share your favorite Christmas decorations!

((HUGS)) to all

• jwoo
    Options

so cute, Terri!

Wishing everyone a peaceful solstice

I didn't get anything inside done this year. Going yo bake cookies and wrap gifts tomorrow- I'll post when I'm done

• jwoo
    Options

please let me know what Sunday in January would work for you ladies

• keepthefaith
    Options

I'm pretty much open right now:).

• jwoo
    Options

Happy Holidays to you!