Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I Did It...No Further Conventional Treatment

Options
1235»

Comments

• macb04
    macb04 Member Posts: 756
    Options

My friend Mary was 32 at diagnosis, not IBC, forget exactly what kind, stage 2A. She died from complications related to treatment at age 34. She got C-diff after treatment twice and was hospitalized for it.

• dtad
    dtad Member Posts: 771
    Options

macb04...so sorry for your loss. IMO we forget how dangerous treatments can be. We all need to speak up for better treatment options!

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

That is so sad. Way too young. Who knows why or how a person will respond to treatments. There is no perfect system conventional or otherwise. We do need better and safer treatments.

Diane

• macb04
    macb04 Member Posts: 756
    Options

Thanks dtad and edwards750. It is so sad that she only did conventional, not a drop of other complementary stuff. I begged her to see my oncology Naturopath, but she really believed all the traditional stuff would help her. She got sicker, and died by bits and pieces over 2 very miserable years.

The US bc industry needs to learn how to incorporate Naturopathic with Western stuff, take the best approaches from both, the way they do in other countries.