Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2015

Sigh. I know the extra week for healing from the biopsy is a good idea. The trip to the hospital for nothing - about an hour each way - was not a fun idea. Woody, it looks like you and I are fellow passengers on the Frustration Train.

Leah

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited February 2015

I just wanted to send blessings to everyone. I have caught up on the threads but don't have enought time or brain power to write individual notes. Sorry. You are all in my thoughts every day.

I am signing off for a bit as today is my brain surgery to remove a tumor that I treated 2 years ago. I won't have access to electronics or feel like posting for awhile.

Take care everyone and best wishes.

• benjnate
    benjnate Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2015

Thank Goodness It's Friday (TGIF!!) What a week it has been for ALL of us! Freebird, I'm so relieved to hear you're doing better. Do you have someone who can deliver groceries, etc to you? I hope so as you need to continue to rest. And I totally know what you mean about trying to remember everyone's names on this board - no worries, I have trouble too!

Leah, I've been working hard to try to be less impatient of a person and just calm down in general...but driving to chemo and expecting chemo!! would have put me through the roof. Mistakes do happen though, and I do like the idea of you getting an extra week to recuperate. Same for you, Woody. Right now, 80 degree temperatures sound wonderful, Woody. Is it humid where you live? I don't mind high temps as long as it is low humidity. I've always pictured you living in a beautiful exotic place...

RonnyKay, you have been my mentor on these boards with your NED and your enjoyment of life. I'm glad you are going in to check out your back. Good, bad, or ugly, lets just figure it out and deal with it, right?

All others, hang in there. Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend with few side effects. I'm off to go get my Red Devil....

Laura

• springwatch
    springwatch Member Posts: 243
    edited February 2015

leftfootforward, hope all goes well. You will be on my thoughts until we hear from you again which will be soon, I am sure

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited February 2015

All the best prayers, left. Can't wait to hear from you again. :-) Penny

• Jaytee
    Jaytee Member Posts: 738
    edited February 2015

Wishing you well, leftfootforward......many thoughts and prayers for you today! For springwatch, Leah, freebird, Woodylb, and Penny too........and everyone! So much going on in everyone's lives right now......you are all in my thoughts today.

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited February 2015

Penny, i pray your scan will give you good news on the 25/3 , and a lot of new drugs you may have a new option. My prayers are with you. ((HUGS)). Keep us posted.

• springwatch
    springwatch Member Posts: 243
    edited February 2015

Despite the bad news about having to have another op. On my leg I have also heard that I am going to be a grandmother again later in the year. Something to cheer me up and live for

• Woodylb
    edited February 2015

Springwatch, this is wonderful news! It sure gives you a reason to live :))) wowww congratulations.

• sarahsusername
    sarahsusername Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2015

My mom just started on Adriamycin yesterday after having no luck with Gemzar, Taxotere & Taxol. Praying that this is the drug to help shrink these tumors! Last petscan showed more spots on her liver, bones & she has the bilateral pleural effusion which started a few months ago.

Hoping we catch a break!

Anyone else have a good experience with the red devil?

• redwolf8812
    edited February 2015

Springwatch - I love milestones. My first great-niece just got engaged. Thank The Lord for letting me be here for it.

:-) Penny

• freebird53
    freebird53 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2015

I was taken off of the Red Devil last week my markers were going up so OC felt that cont. the RD would not be the route...I started Halaven yesterday (Thursday)...I had No se but fatigue....I hope it goes well for your mom...God Bless

I got a generous donation of food from my local bike (Motorcycle) club today...I was totally overwhelmed...that they thought of me...And at the end of the month I will be the Poster Woman for there yearly Poker run for Breast Cancer....Good news today...I feel honored and loved....Thank you God!! I sure needed this distraction right now in my life....

I wish every sister on BCO a great weekend...and hope they feel well...and we all are able to see fun...excitement...and life ..... going through this weekend...I am definitely going to make it a priority...

Love you all

Carla

• ellamilana
    ellamilana Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2015

Tonight at 10 pm on HBO

VICE Special report: Killing Cancer

• sarahsusername
    sarahsusername Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2015

freebird53 Thank you so much Carla! My mom had her first cycle of RD on Thursday so you both are on the path of something you. Just sent a prayer for you and my mom that our new chemos will prove to be successful in shrinking and getting rid of as much cancer as possible! Wouldn't that be great?! Ahh, I've been known to be a pessimistic person but when it comes to this I am forcing myself to see that there's no reason to diminish hope if there is hope and even in the hard days, to still find whatever ray of light we have and be thankful for every day with my mom.

Anyway, I am so glad you had a great day & such wise words to make a positive outlook a priority. I forget that sometimes. All the best!

• chichimaine
    chichimaine Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015

Sometimes I feel like such a sissy...I was just whining to my hubby that I'm sick of being sick and going to doctors, doctors and more doctors. Having more trouble with cardiovascular spasms, then came down with fever and chills last night. Feeling bit better today...saw cardiac doc and he has put me on a new calcium channel blocker to help with the spasms.

But even with that, I come here to catch up on all the posts and find that I am not doing all that badly...I still have chemo options left...just had great scan results, etc. So, my apologies for the whining! I see and feel all of your wonderful spirits shining so brightly and I am ashamed. Thank you so much for being here and reminding me daily that life really is wonderful and that I have MUCH to be grateful for. Sending prayers to all...and much love!!

• chichimaine
    edited March 2015

I have a question for any of you that have had a bilateral mastectomy...do you get a cold sensation in your chest? Just this last year I feel like someone put Icy Hot on the inside of my chest...right in the middle. I'm wondering if it might be nerve damage. I had my mastectomy at the end of 2011 and this symptom has become more pronounced over the past year. Anyone else? Or might I be headed for the loony bin? lol Thanks! :0)

• Woodylb
    edited March 2015

Hi Chichi, i hope this cardiovascular spasms of yours are better , do not worry everybody gets the same feeling at one time or another of being sick of doctors, scans, meds, etc...but at the end everyone is thankful and happy to be here.

As for your feeling icy/hot sensations on your chest even though i have not had any kind of mastectomy , i frankly do not know but under my armpit where they remived my auxiliariesuntil now and after four years, it goes numb from time to time so does my shoulder and it becomes cooler than the rest of my body. It may be the same . Since they remove tissues and stuff they probably hit a nerve somewhere. But if it continues and it is often you might want to check it with your doctors. Prayers, love and hugs :)).

• Sarah0915
    Sarah0915 Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2015

I don't think the loony bin is in order chichimaine :) I'm not a doctor , but my guess would be more likely nerve re-generation where nerves were cut and are starting to re-grow some. I had one mastectomy in 2009 and a prophylactic one in 2012. After both, I had all kinds of weird sensations. One of the more interesting was phantom pain in what felt like one of my nipples. Just out of nowhere I would get these stabbing pains. They weren't too bad though and I could massage the area on the scar and it would go away pretty quickly. The most troubling ones are itching in areas where I still have no sensation. It's hard to scratch an itch where there is no sensation :) I no longer have pain but both scars are still very tight and I have to massage with lotion daily. Light massage may help if the area isn't too sensitive. Hope it doesn't become too problematic.

• chichimaine
    edited March 2015

Thanks, Woody and Sarah! I was pretty sure it was nerve damage, but with all this heart stuff lately I think I've become a bit paranoid. lol I have also had the phantom pain early on after the surgery and still to this day get the itch that you can't scratch, Sarah! I will try the light massage too as my scars are very tight also.

Ok...no more complaining from me...God has seen fit to give me another day and I won't waste it that way. Hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Sunday!!!

• redwolf8812
    edited March 2015

Chichi - I bet it's probably just nerve damage. Or maybe a pulled muscle? Have you been doing too much? Hope you feel better today!

:-) Penny

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited March 2015

Hello Ladies: I am on the BC thread for middle age and older Christian women and bestock or Becky as some of you may know her as has been on there with us. Becky was last on here in early Dec.

Becky sent us a very brief message Feb. 5th letting us know her liver count was 900 with ca 27-29. She was put on hospice care for liver failure. Becky  she said she is surrounded with the peace of God. We have been praying for her but have not heard from since this time. Becky has been fighting the fight since 2003 and she is an amazing lady. It bothers us when we know longer hear from one of our sweet sisters. I read that she has been praying for many of you and wanted you to know.

Hugs to each of you.

Char

• chichimaine
    edited March 2015

Thanks, Penny! I'm going to try going back to work tomorrow and see how that goes. I'm feeling much better than I have since last Monday and spent the majority of Friday, Sat and Sunday in bed or sitting at the computer to keep from going stir crazy.

GardenGal77 - so sorry to hear that Bestock has been put on hospice. My prayers are with her also. She's been fighting a long time and I'm heartened to hear that she is surrounded with the peace of God. If you do hear from her, please let her know that we are all thinking of her and sending prayers for comfort.

Debbie (chichimaine)

• redwolf8812
    edited March 2015

Thanks, GardenGal777. Prayers for Becky, her caregivers, friends, family, & medical teams.

- Penny

• Woodylb
    edited March 2015

GardenGal777,

Thank you for telling us about bestock, i've seen here few times ,it is good to know that she is surrounded with the peace of God snd his love.mmy prayers are with her and her family. And you are right it is so sad when you do not see someone on BC anymore it breaks one's heart.

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    edited March 2015

I'm definitely upset; found out my tumor markers went up again!  For me the trend up is an indication the treatment isn't working.  I just finished the second round of Halaven and get scanned next week.  I so wanted this to be effective; so far Halaven has been good to me in terms of side effects, relatively speaking.  I actually have lost my previous aversion to most foods which happened on Doxil & Adriamycin & am starting to eat anything.   I also realize my options are running out.  So, to say the least, my anxiety is high & it will be difficult to enjoy my week off with this over my head. 

• Sarah0915
    Sarah0915 Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2015

So sorry to hear the bad news, SyrMom. Hope the scan results will be encouraging. Hope you find something you enjoy to take your mind off things and to take a break from the anxiety. Good music, good book, movie, walk in the park ?

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    edited March 2015

Thanks, Sarah, I'll try.  I tend to be obsessive though, type A. Scared

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited March 2015

Thinking of you, SyrMom. Hoping that your scan is much better than expected.

Rose.

• chichimaine
    edited March 2015

Thinking of you SyrMom Sometimes tumor markers aren't always accurate. They may have gone up because the cancer cells are dying. My prayers are that your scans will show that Halaven is working for you. I know the waiting is torture!!! Hope you find some distraction during your week off...visit friends, go see something you've never seen before or call a good friend and vent until you can't talk about it anymore! Hugs to you...

Chichimaine (Debbie)

• chichimaine
    edited March 2015

Saw my onc today before I was scheduled for chemo (Navelbine). He says he has been using it for years and years and never had a patient react with the coronary artery spasms...until me. My mother always told me I was special, but in this case I'd rather be part of the crowd! lol

I am taking a bit of time off chemo and we will meet again on the 23rd and try again. They are going to push it over a longer period of time and possibly reduce the dosage just a bit. I am also now on a medication that is supposed to help prevent vascular spasms, so am praying that all these things work together to enable me to stay on the Navelbine. It is working so well...my tumors are very small now. Will just have to wait and see...

Hope everyone had a good weekend and that this week is awesome!!! Happy