Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited October 2020

S3K5 and BevJen- Thinking of you both as you have your procedures. I have never had a liver procedure, except a liver biopsy at diagnosis. Keep us updated.

Also, Grannax has a PET/MRI this Thursday, I think.

And Leftfootforward, did I miss your rescheduled CT? When is that?

I do not have anything scheduled until Dec 21. That is the next MRI, to compare Oct MRI to. See if the areas seen in Oct are growing.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited October 2020

Good luck to you both, S3K5 and BevJen. 🌺🌺.Please let us how it goes (or went)when you're able.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited October 2020

S3K5 and BevJen, I am sending good vibes your way. I will keep you both on my mind as you undergo the procedures.
    I had an Echocardiogram (my third) on Friday to see if I can continue on Adriamycin. Hopefully, the results are the same as they were in July. It’s annoying to have tests on Friday because it means we have to wait longer for results.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited October 2020

50's I know what you mean. I do

have PET/ MRI this Thursday, Candy, and have to wait on results until the 27th. I will see my MO that day.

S3K5 and bevjen thinking of both of you while you have your local procedures. Sure hope they help.💞

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited October 2020

S3k3, BevGen, Grannax2 and others- thinking of you during procedures and scans. Hoping for best results!

Dee

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited October 2020

BevJen thanks a lot for the advice. I do get queasy when I am coming out of anesthesia. I'll remember to inform the nurses about adding anti-nausea medicine as a pre-med. Hope everything goes well with your procedure. I don't know much about TACE but doesn't sound easy. Recovery is longer. Hopefully they can do a microwave ablation. All the best! Please keep us posted when you can and I'll do the same.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am hoping the recovery won't be too bad (nervous about the pain after the procedure). I have to drive into NYC MSKCC for the procedure. I am so glad my daughter and my husband will be with me (I have an awesome family support - feel so lucky).

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited October 2020

50sgirl, hope the echo is normal. Have you been on Adriamycin since March2020? That's a long chemo? time. How frequently do you get this chemo? I hope it is working.

I had this in 2008 during the first round of chemo and I remember it was an extremely difficult chemo. Hope it has been easy for you. Waiting for the test results is horrible -I get too worked up!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2020

Good luck to S3K5, BevJen and Grannax on tests this week.

S3K5, is nice you have someone to be there for you.

50sgirl, hoping for good echo results for you

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited October 2020

s3k and Bev in your pocket today!!

• 50sgirl
    edited October 2020

Well, it turns out that I didn't have to wait too long for the results of my Echo. They were posted to the patient portal late yesterday. The numbers look good, so I should be able to continue my current treatment.

S3K5, Yes, I have been on Adriamycin since early March. I was on a schedule of 3 weeks on/1 week off until last month, but my neutrophils fell to 600 two cycles in a row, so now I have a schedule of 1 week on/1 week off. I have exceeded the recommended lifetime max, so Zinecard (dexrazoxane) has been added to my treatments to protect my heart. I am running out of options, so I am hoping to stay on Adriamycin for a while longer. Luckily, I am not having issues with the medication. I have seen marked improvement in my spleen and liver, and my CA27.29 has dropped from 3817 to 246.

I am thinking of S3K5 and BevJen today

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited October 2020

50sgirl..so happy for this news. You have been through a rough time this year.

• nicolerod
    edited October 2020

50s girl great news! !!!!

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2020

50sgirl, Congrats on the giant drop in tumor marker and good echo results!

Bevjen and S3K5, I'm thinking of you both today and praying that your microwave ablations go well!

• candy-678
    edited October 2020

So my MRI results finally showed up in the patient portal. I heard from nurse thru messaging system already, but good to read the actual report. A lot of the verbiage is confusing, but does seem to show "at least 4 lesions consistent with metastasis" and then describes the location and size of each one. 3 are 6-7mm and the 1 we already knew about is 1.2cm.

Can any of you explain " enhancing lesion with diffusion restriction". And "targetoid lesion".

Plan is to repeat MRI in 2 months and compare the MRI's. No change in treatment for now.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited October 2020

Thinking of S3K5 & BevJen today and hoping all goes well with your procedures.

50sgirl, awesome that you're tolerating Adrimiacyn so well, and that huge TM drop is encouraging news. Congrats on the good echo.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2020

Hi to all,

Had my new biopsy as well as a microwave ablation this AM -- at the hospital at 6 am, into the procedure room at 8 am, back into PACU at about 9:30, headed home at about 10:30. Doc says all went well. I am sleeping on and off due to the sedation. But feel pretty good.

If they could not have found the lesion on ultrasound, they were going to do a TACE procedure. At first the fellow couldn't find the lesion. Then my IR stepped in and found it within 5 minutes. I was relieved bc I didn't want to do a more involved procedure (TACE) that would have required an overnight stay at the hospital.

They did tell me no Advil or Tylenol and any version thereof for at least a couple of weeks. Doc prescribed oxy for me for pain. I'm not a fan of pain killers, but took half of a pill while still at the hospital, and will probably take it for a few days until most of the pain is gone.

We'll see how this works out. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

• candy-678
    edited October 2020

BevJen- Glad they could do the ablation versus the TACE procedure. Rest and heal. When you feel up to it, how big was your area they ablated? Just wondering. I am watching mine with MRI's but wondered if local treatment could be in my future.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2020

BevJen, yay glad it's over, went well & you're home! Take the pain meds! Relax and heal up quickly!

S3K5 - thinking of you & hoping things are going great today.

50s girl- yay on the echo! excellent that you can continue to stay on this treatment.

candy - sorry, I have no idea what those terms mean.

I have a scan on Friday. Otherwise it's my week 'off'. I was fatigued on the weekend and needed a nap yesterday but hoping to perk up and do more things this week. Day 1 of next cycle is on the 29th (assuming good results on the CT of course...)

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2020

Moth, Ah, for a "week off" from this stuff (but for your scan)!

Candy, the iesion that they ablated was literally 1.2cm x 1.2 cm x 1.2 cm. It looked like a blob on the sonogram picture. The one I had ablated in 2019 was 2.1-2.2 cm. Not sure how large they will go with microwave ablation, but they also won't go too small. I still have several lesions in my liver that have done zippo but those are all sub centimeter, and my interventional radiologist said he wouldn't try and touch them. And he repeatedly referred to this one as "pretty darn small."

• nicolerod
    edited October 2020

Bev..so happy for you! So awesome all went well.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited October 2020

BevJen, glad you got the ablation you wanted and that all went well. Rest up and take care.

• Stillhavehope
    Stillhavehope Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2020

Moth

Hope your scans go great🤗 I just had scans too. I’ll be sending positive vibes your way

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2020

Thank you Stillhavehope! When do you get your results? 🤗

• nicolerod
    edited October 2020

for those with liver and bone mets....if you are on a treatment and it works for your liver mets but not your bone mets do you stop that current therapy bc its considered not working??

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited October 2020

moth: Thank you for remembering! Yes, I had it on the 17th. Dr. S called me today to say there was no progression and good for another 6 months. YAY. I saw posts about CT v PET. My MO prefers PETs. I think they may pick up smaller things, including a tiny neuroma I had on the skin on my lower back. It "lit up" on my other PET. I had it removed and it turned out to be nothing. I will think of you as well -- the 23rd isn't it? I hope the good blood work etc means that things are going well. Will watch for your post when you get the results. Fingers and toes crossed.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited October 2020

bevjen So glad they did the ablation.💞

• 50sgirl
    edited October 2020

BevJen, I am glad that the procedure went well. Rest up and take time to recover.

Lynne

• Pamela23
    Pamela23 Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2020

BevJen--so glad everything went as planned and you are now home resting.

50s girl--what a great drop in markers! I'm glad your ECHO was good, it's got to be a nerve racking since this tx seems to be working for you.

Elderberry--that's great news! I wish my insurance covered a PET but declined it because I had so many heart/lung scans over the summer trying to find out what was causing my severe shortness of breath. Instead, I've done a liver CT, a bone scan and Wednesday I'll do a brain MRI. I would think the 3 of these tests are more than the one PET scan?? Who can figure out insurance companies' reasoning!

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2020

Feels like there are some good news on this threat. I love this feeling! Just still pretty worried for JFL... Saulius

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2020

Ups... thread... :> Saulius