Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited December 2020

Husband11 - good to hear that the change in treatment is working for your wife, hope she continues to do well

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited December 2020

Grannax2, so happy that you are recovering. You were right in your suspicions of inflammation.

Nicolerod, also happy the 1st Y90 is done. I might be following you. I have 2 neasureable liver mets that are slow to shrink these past 6 months. My MO meeting with RO to look at recent MRI.I didn't know you could do Y90 on less than 5 lesions..good info. Also reading up kn microwave ablation.

MO concerned that even if lesions are slightly shrinking, cancer might still alive and could develop more mutations. She wants them dead. She does not typically order PETCT scans. She will seek out the RO to evaiuate first.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited December 2020

Granna, yay! So glad you're doing so well.

Nicole, sounds like a great success!!! Fabulous news. Rest up and enjoy doing nothing for a bit while your liver heals.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2020

SandiBeach,

You probably know this, but an RO doesn't do most of the local liver treatments that we've all been talking about. You will also need an interventional radiologist. But good that your MO is having the RO review the scans, and also good that he/she is so proactive on your behalf.

• sandibeach57
    edited December 2020

BevJen..so stupid, meant IR, not RO...ugh.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited December 2020

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers :)

Sandi...yes I say do the Y90. I am really glad now that I did it and gonna do more. I really really love this IR I am so happy I found her. I loved how yesterday she really went in depth about her feelings about cryo vs. microwave vs. Y90. She did tell me that the IR at hopkins that did my cryo is like the Top guy for Cryoblation and the reason for that is because he does a TON of those that is primarily what he does. Anyway I loved the way she explained why she prefers one over the other. I hope you like the IR you find. I would look on your own for one that has great reviews..not just rely on who your MO picks bc MOST MO's will pick one in their facility.

• sandibeach57
    edited December 2020

Thanks Nicolerod for your kind advice. You sound great.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,163
    edited December 2020

Grannax - so glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep taking care of yourself.

Nicole - thanks for the complete rundown on your y90. It's great that you are feeling so good, comparatively. Hopefully, you'll be able to rest up and heal over the holidays.

Husband- great news about your wife's change in treatment working effectively.

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Hello to all,

I had a CT yesterday to see what's been going on and to compare with my last CT -- which was in May.

Haven't gotten the complete report yet, but my MO sent me the "impressions" section. From that, looks like bones are pretty much the same (comment about "same level of sclerotic metastases"). Radiologist also thought that he saw some diverticulitis on my left side (not cancer related -- but can be nasty -- but right now no symptoms, so that's good.) Radiologist had a fuzzy reading on my liver -- this is post ablation on Dec. 11th, and I haven't even had my post-ablation MRI yet. Scan showed some sub centimeter spots, but they've been there and doing nothing since my original liver mets diagnosis in May 2019. IR says wait for the MRI in January -- it shows more on the liver. On last MRI, he thought the liver looked pretty good. So all in all, I guess it's a good report.

As we all do, taking a deep breath and just slogging along until the next report.

Wishing all a good Christmas and a very happy new year.

Bev

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited December 2020

BevJen- Hope it is stable, as it sounds. Yeah, look at MRI in Jan. Hoping the MRI shows all ok.

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Candy,

Thanks. You certainly know about these liver MRIs now!!!

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited December 2020

Good news BevJen and Nicole.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited December 2020

Bev its all gonna be good on the MRI...!!! I feel it. Nothing new. :)

Thanks Ladies for all your well wishes. Other than stomach pain which Pepto bismol seems to be helping a lot ...i feel pretty good. Just praying it stays going well so I stay on course for the next round Jan 26th. and NO NEW GROWTH!!!

• HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited December 2020

BenJen- sounding stable to me, so let’s go with a good report and will let the MRI tell you what it will when you have it. Happy Holidays

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Thanks, Hopeandgratitude -- I'm taking it that way as well, until I find out otherwise. Just going to try and put it all out of my mind until my next scan. It does get tiring constantly worrying about when the other shoe will drop for all of us.

• moth
    edited December 2020

It's good news Bev! I hope we can all put some of this out of our minds for a bit. I had rads today & now get a 4 day break. :)

• HopeandGratitude
    edited December 2020

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas. May you be surrounded by love of family and friends no matter how near or how far. Remember that we have no control over tomorrow, but we have today to live and to shine in this world. Let's shine brightly

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,163
    edited December 2020

Hopeandgratitude- lovely words.

Merry Christmas to you all!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2020

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2020

my family at my house on Christmas Eve. We had such a good time. Ate too much food, played games and laughed a lot. Just what the Dr ordered for me

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Grannax,

What a lovely picture! That probably is just what the doctor ordered! And you look great! Happy for you.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited December 2020

Wonderful family pic, Grannax! So glad you enjoyed yourself

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited December 2020

Grannax- So happy you are feeling better. Great pic!!! Glad you had a good time. You are one strong cookie.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited December 2020

Great picture Grannax! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and may the blessings of the season shine upon you all.

• HopeandGratitude
    edited December 2020

Grannax- beautiful to see you at your family gathering! Praying for full recovery soon

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited December 2020

BevJen, stable is great news! Hopefully your MRI will show good results too.

Grannax, nice picture of you and your family. Seems like you are feeling better. That's good!

Nicole, hope your stomach issues have resolved and you have started feeling better. When I had the microwave ablation, the IR had mentioned that if the lesions are close to the ribs, they may be more painful. Hopefully you can take it easy.

Y-90 may be my next treatment if the liver mets do not start responding to Doxil. Will have to wait and see.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2020

sounds like everyone is off to a good start for the new year. Yippee! We all need some good news.

Mine is my liver enzymes dropped by half from 8 weeks on taxol. And no new growth. However I’m moving from taxol to axabrane to reduce steroid use and my short fuse with my kids. Fingers crossed it really is easier tolerate and will continue the good trend

SP can you expand on your trial? A pm is fine.

Happy New Year!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited December 2020

Great news Zillsnot4me! Happy New Year!

• moth
    edited December 2020

Great news on the scans Zills!

I found the switch to abraxane horrid but I switched from weekly dose reduced taxol to q 21 full dose abraxane. Have only had one dose but i hated it. Will have to decide in a couple weeks how to proceed. Are you going to be doing weekly abraxane?

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2020

Husband. Thank you!

Moth weekly. I just had a bad initial reaction to taxol until they slowed it down. I’m a nervous nelly. Pulse always up by the time I get in the chemo suite.