How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• susaninsf
    susaninsf Member Posts: 1,099
    edited May 2021

Piggy,

Thanks for that clarification of both points! Looks like I would fit the criterion. The wash-out period is long, 21 days, which makes me nervous. Let's hope they have a lot of sites once they open it up.

Gives me a reason to stay off of Eribulin for my next treatment. Says prior chemo "should have" included an Anthracycline, i.e., Doxil. Haven't been on that. My two chemos have been Xeloda and Abraxane. Don't know if they would count Trodelvy as a chemo since it is an ADC that delivers a chemo payload.

Hugs, Susan

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited May 2021

My counts were up enough to get chemo yesterday. Neupogen shots worked. So, I’ve finished my second cycle of Navelbine.

Also, my car should be fixed this afternoon and it was only a minor problem. PTL

I’m sure looking forward to my off week with NO car problems.

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited May 2021

That's good news, Grannax!

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited May 2021

Hi all. I'm in the hospital. My bilirubin continues to climb since my stent placement and today is an astounding 13! They tell me I'm in liver failure, so it appears I'm coming to the end of my journey with MBC. I got the talk today. I don't feel awfully bad. I'm on Piqray again and not willing to give up the fight just yet unless I can't tolerate it anymore. Thank you all for listening and the insight given in this thread. Sorry to be a Debbie downer today. Hugs to you all. I will keep checking in periodically.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited May 2021

Bliss58- God bless you and keep you. Post when you can. Gentle hug.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited May 2021

Bliss omgosh please DONT EVER APOLOGIZE or call yourself a DEBBY DOWNER you are not at all!!!! You are so brave and calm what an exceptional woman you are !!!! I don't think I could sound so brave and sweet and have always helped me with my stuff thank you. I truly admire you . I just prayed for you! huge hugs !!!!!!! Praying the bilirubin comes down !!!!!

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited May 2021

Bliss..I am thinking positive and hope your team can get that bilirubin down. Once you get stable, maybe you can check out Enhertu?

You are NOT a Debby Downer. You are a courageous woman who is sharing her story. We are here.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited May 2021

Bliss, Adding my wishes for your bilirubin to come down and the stent to help your liver. I’m glad you’re feeling ok. 🌺

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you and am also praying the bilirubin comes back down. Sending gentle hugs

• HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited May 2021

Bliss -saying prayers they get your bilirubin under control and get back to treating your MBC! There are still some drugs and some trials available to you. Don't throw in that towel yet. You will never be a Debbie downer. Let’s toss that name out. You are so loved and we care so much. Hold on and let's pray this turns around. Sending you hugs and hugs and hugs and hugs

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited May 2021

Bliss you are in my thoughts. I hope your levels decrease.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited May 2021

Bliss- thinking of you, big hugs- hoping for a turn around in all this.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I am praying for you and hoping your medical team can get the bilirubin under control and your liver can begin to recover. MBC is a difficult, unpredictable disease. My thoughts remain with you.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I'm holding you in my heart and wishing you peace and comfort in whatever lies ahead.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2021

Bliss,

Praying for you that things turn around. You are a very brave person and I hope you are at peace.

Bev

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I'm right there with everyone else in your prayer circle, surrounding you with love, hope and support. You've done your best to fight this beast we call MBC. Yet, there may be something else to help you. If not, you did NOT lose your battle with MBC. You used every source available to you through these years. Hoping for God's grace for you and your family during this difficult time.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,676
    edited May 2021

Bliss, that took courage to post and it takes courage to see this to the end, with pride in what youve achieved these last six years with mbc. Just know that all your sisters here are thinking of you which ever path you have to walk down from this point. Best wishes.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited May 2021

Bliss

It’s great that you feel ok. You are such an inspiration. I am praying your liver recovers and you have many more years to keep the fight against MBC. We are here for you to vent, share and connect. Hugs

Dee

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I'm hoping for a big turn-around for you. It can happen. But no matter what, I hope you will picture us all around you offering love, support, and respect.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited May 2021

Bliss: I just checked in to this thread. I am so sorry. I hope your bilirubin goes down and your liver begins recovering. We all wish you peace and comfort. What a cruel disease MBC is.

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited May 2021

Hi Bliss, I just saw your post. I just wanted to say that I'm sending prayers and all my good wishes your way. I hope you continue to feel as well as possible, and I'm glad you're not feeling awfully bad right now. Don't ever worry about being a Debbie Downer. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Heart

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2021

Bliss, Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's going on with you. You absolutely are not a Debbie Downer! You're just communicating your situation. I'm hoping that the fact that you aren't feeling too bad is a hopeful sign. I will be praying that things turn around for you! Hugs!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited May 2021

Bliss, you are in my prayers.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited May 2021

Thank you all so very, very much for your love and support. I really feel it and appreciate you all so much.Heart

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,202
    edited May 2021

Hi bliss,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Come what may, I wish you ease and peace.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2021

Dear Bliss, stent should be starting to work. In no way it is the end of your journey with MBC! You are in my prayers - sun will come out after the storm. Sincerest hugs, Saulius

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 555
    edited May 2021

Bliss, I am sure you understand you are not a Debvie Downer.

I can see how you could feel like one - feeling disappointed in yourself in even considering to accept the end.

It is great that you are not in pain as that is what we all are afraid of I believe.

You know it is not over until it's over and at some point it is over for all of us.

Thank you for being an inspiration.

Wishing you in the best case scenario turning it around and finding medication that works; in worst one to be happy for your remaining days/months.

Warmest of hugs

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2021

Bliss,

You are not a Debbie Downer at all. This disease is unpredicatable.

I'm sending all the positive vibes I can for your Bili to decrease and that you can continue treatment.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited May 2021

Bliss, praying for the best possible outcome for you. May love and healing surround you.

Gentle hugs x

• ilowen
    ilowen Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2021

Bliss, you are in my thoughts and I’m giving your arm a gentle squeeze of support. This is the one place you should feel safe to say anything that’s on your mind and to know that we support you and love you just as you are. Hang in there sweet sister.