How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited February 2022

Susan, that is fantastic! Thanks for making my day.

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited February 2022

Susan - That is so phenomenal! Happy for you! Hope you get to celebrate!

Sadiesservant - Yes, bring those trials on!

• susaninsf
    susaninsf Member Posts: 1,099
    edited February 2022

Thanks to you all for your kind messages!

Hugs, Susan

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2022

Dear Susan, amazing news, we celebrate with you! Saulius

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited February 2022

yay susa

• susaninsf
    edited February 2022

Thanks LFF!

I realized that I sent out the wrong trial link. They started a Phase 2 trial for HER2+ only. I am HER2 2+, equivocal. The trial I am on is Phase 1 and enrolling HER2 3+ and HER2 2+ patients.

Here's the link to the trial:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03255070

Hugs, Susan

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited February 2022

SUSAN YES!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo sooo sooo happy for you!!!!!!

• susaninsf
    edited February 2022

Thanks Nicole!

• nicolerod
    edited February 2022

Well I am getting nervous now... everytime after I eat now..I am nauseous......I am worried that there is cancer in my stomach or pancreas or something....I have NEVER had nausea after eating....ever. Any ideas...?

• daughterof
    daughterof Member Posts: 47
    edited February 2022

Dear all, thanks for replying to my question about my mum's cyberknife marking procedure. It was way less painful and way less traumatic for her than the biopsy and she recovered quickly. Tomorrow she starts treatment finally.

I am so happy that at least American women can get into trials and try all the amazing new meds. Sadly, my mom doesn't have that opportunity but I'm hoping she will continue to have stable disease.

Nicole, fullness and nausea is quite common with liver mets from what I'm informed. Also, nausea is common with cancer treatment as you already know. Talk to your oncologist and try to stay calm.

Sending hugs to all

• nicolerod
    edited February 2022

Thanks Daughter...yea I know that but my liver mets have never caused that...I am thinking I definitely have some GERD/Acid reflux going on....

• husband11
    edited February 2022

Nicole, it's entirely possible that with a new drug, comes new side effects, and that it doesn't mean the drug is failing or that cancer has spread.

• nicolerod
    edited February 2022

Thanks Husband...I needed to be reminded of that :)

• husband11
    edited February 2022

Consider talking to both your oncologist and your GP about managing the side effects. My wife got no where with her oncologist, and now is getting some relief from cramping and stomach pain from her GP. He prescribed her some sort of GI tract relaxant, and its working very well, but she had to take it 3-5 x a day. But the point is, it took her GP to get her help, and her Onc wasn't really interested in finding a solution. It seems they don't consider it their job.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2022

Nicole,

I take lorazepam (Ativan) two times a day to help with nausea. I now that others use things like ginger, but I cannot stand the taste of ginger anything -- Ativan isn't generally used for nausea, but it works for me and it also has a calming (though not sedative) effect with respect to my anxiety.

• nicolerod
    edited February 2022

Thanks Husband and Bev ... Bev I do have Ativan... I felt better eventually but took Pepcid...I just ate dinner it wasn't anything spicy so I am waiting to see if I have nausea again.

• BevJen
    edited February 2022

Nicole,

I take Pepcid too, every day. I think it helps some, so hopefully that will do the trick for you.

• susaninsf
    edited February 2022

I rarely get nauseous but when I feel it coming on, I take Compazine. I also took it as a premed. Theresa gave me this advice: "I was prescribed 10mg of Compazine to be taken up to every 6 hours and took 5mg at a time, once or twice a day which helped I also took a very small dose of olanzapine at bedtime (1.25mg) which seemed to help significantly." I miss her so much.

Once in a while, I regurgitate a small amount of fluid from my stomach. Kind of like a mini vomit. So nasty. Would appreciate helpful hints about how to. handle that.

Hugs, Susan

• ohionana1605
    ohionana1605 Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2022

Hello, I had GERD long before dx Mets IV. I’ve been on different meds as I would build up immunity then change. I take Nexium now every morning. Good luck in getting help. Be

• daughterof
    edited March 2022

For those on Ibrance and other CDK4/6 inhibitors beware of proton pump inhibitors for controling GERD, nausea and other gastrointestinal problems. There's a study showing that these meds decrease the efficiency of CDK4/6 inhibitors. Someone linked the study earlier.

• BevJen
    edited March 2022

Yes, and I'm not sure that all MOs are aware of this or give it much credence. I brought this to my doc's attention, but unfortunately, the study was released after I was deemed to have "failed" on Ibrance.

• daughterof
    edited March 2022

More research is definitely needed but better safe than sorry.

My mum finished 3 cyberknife sessions and is to continue being on Ibrance. Ibrance kept her smaller mets stable but the two largest kept slowly increasing. Hopefully now dead from cyber!

• husband11
    edited March 2022

The new tablets are supposed to prevent the PPI problem that the capsules suffered from. From Pfizer's website:

Any chance the study you are referring to, was conducted using the old format, capsules?

Gastric pH Elevating Medications:

Capsules: Data from a study in healthy subjects indicated that coadministration of a single 125 mg IBRANCE capsule with multiple doses of the PPI rabeprazole under fed conditions decreased palbociclib Cmax by 41%, but had limited impact on AUCinf (13% decrease) compared with a single 125 mg IBRANCE capsule administered alone. Given the reduced effect on gastric pH of H2 receptor antagonists and local antacids compared to PPIs, the effect of these classes of acid reducing agents on palbociclib exposure under fed conditions is expected to be minimal.

Data from another study in healthy subjects indicated that coadministration of a single 125 mg IBRANCE capsule with multiple doses of the PPI rabeprazole under fasted conditions decreased palbociclib AUCinf and Cmax by 62% and 80%, respectively, when compared with a single 125 mg IBRANCE capsule administered alone.

IBRANCE capsules should be taken with food.

Tablets: Data from a study in healthy subjects indicated that coadministration of a single 125 mg IBRANCE tablet with multiple doses of the PPI rabeprazole under fasted conditions had no effect on the rate and extent of absorption of palbociclib when compared to a single 125 mg IBRANCE tablet administered alone. The effect of coadministration of a single 125 mg IBRANCE tablet with multiple doses of the PPI rabeprazole under fed conditions have not been evaluated in clinical studies.

Given the reduced effect on gastric pH of H2 receptor antagonists and local antacids compared to PPIs, the effect of these classes of acid reducing agents on palbociclib exposure is expected to be minimal.

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2022

Re: Ibrance and PPI's- A lot of those studies are based on the capsules and I was explained that's why it was reccommended to take with food. When speaking to the oncology pharmacist, the tablets aren't a concern when it comes to eating or PPI's .I take PPI's 2x a day and Ibrance has been working well for me so far. Hopefully it'll remain that way. I unfortunately need to take the PPI.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited March 2022

I’m off to surgery on Wednesday to get rid of a brain cyst that has continued to grow even with radiation treatment. I’ll check in but won’t be posting much in the next few days. It’s a “simple” surgery according to my team and I might be home in 2 days. It’s been 7 years since my last brain surgery that found the growth was just necrosis. There is a chance this is radiation damage but not likely. Here is to hoping. Good news is it will be gone and I will finally have a brain met to biopsy to see if my cancer has changed type. Gotta look for the silver linings.

Take care everyone.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2022

Update--- I had my 2nd MRI of the liver mets since starting Lynparza--- been on Lynparza for 6 months now. Still stable. No shrinkage, but no growth. Scan again in 3 months. My MO asked me again if I wanted to do Y90. I am hesitant. If the pills are working, then why rock the boat. Pain, possible complications, possible stress on liver. So I am just going to keep on the Lynparza and pray I am doing the right thing.

• husband11
    edited March 2022

Candy, that is great news.

Leftfootforward, you are in my prayers.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2022

Candy, Yay for stable!!

Left Foot, Best wishes for your surgery. Hope to see you back here soon

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2022

Anyone heard from Grannax? She has not posted since Nov. Didn't someone post an update this winter, but I don't remember the response? And with this site now, it would be hard to look back (too slow to move from page to page).

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,161
    edited March 2022

Candy - Nicole posted, in January, that Grannax had decided to stop treatment. If you search the discussion boards with her name as the keyword (not search by member name), you'll see a list of posts with her name and a short preview.