Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Scared its IBC!

Options
BeachNana
BeachNana Member Posts: 11

Below I have a picture of my left breast. It looked look a bug bite andprogressed to this over 6 weeks. In 2010 my routine mammo showed Microcalcifications in bother breasts. I had a stereo static needle biopsy of the right breast only. It was benign. She did not do the left breast because she wasn't concerned and the micros were close to the chest wall. My breasts have become dense over a 3 yrs. the area is warm and itches (not majorly) the skin is not flat, it has ridges. And today it seems there is slight redness going down the inner portion of the breast. Today I looked at my breasts and there is a noticeable difference in the size of the left breast. I have always just been a B cup with a slight size difference between the R & L breast. Not sure what or who to go see. I'm sorry this is so long.

Comments

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited November 2013
    Options

BeachNana,

I do not mean to alarm you, but this looks a lot like ibc. This is exactly what I had (an itchy bug bite red rash). They will need to biopsy this. Please let us know how things are working out.

Terri

• Milly43
    Milly43 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    Options

hiya Hun I have ibc and it's aggressive also I am just getting to the point of my opersasion life has been tuff since I have found out about it all but the one thing that moved me along was me I new something was wrong you know your own body no one else just you so if you think something is wrong then your prob right I was seen back in April and told there was nothing wrong with me to go home and get on with my life whaen all the time I new something wasn't right it all went on till June by this time it had grown a lot it went from 4mm to 100mm with the skin showing the orange peel and I had redness and my nipel had gone in on its self also had a lymph node on my coller bone which was burning also I guess what I'm trying to say is don't wait around if u think it's that then tell you doctor what you think then if they don't listen go to someone that will until they do ibc is a rare form of breast cancer some doctors will have never even seen this type of cancer before in there whole carear that's how rare this is stand up for your self coss let's face it no one else will if u don't what you need for them to do is a biopsy that will tell them all they need to know this type of cancer can be missed by a mammogram and u/sound so don't be surprised if it comes back saying it's all ok you need that biopsy done that is the only true way of finding out for sure if it is ib I really hope for you it's not but like I said only you know your body I hope you get to see someone real soon to sort it out what I will say is I never new that there was all diffrent types of breat cancer till I got it I allways thought it was a lump you found not the swelling redness ect so please please get it sorted and stand up for yourself my prayers are with you and here is a hug but if I an help in any other way just have to say we are all here for you take care milly x

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks Terri and Milly. My GP Gave me cipro,nystatin cream and a scrip for a mammo. He'll give it one week for it to clear up then take a different route. I've had hives and allergies all my life, this is different. I know it is. I'm going to try in get in for my mammo tomorrow. Will a breast doctor see me for just the symptoms I present with? ;) C

• Brizie
    Brizie Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi,

I was diagnosed with IBC Feb 12. Believe me it moves at a pace - within days and weeks; my Dr referred me for a non urgent consultation - it took two weeks to come through. I had virtually no symptoms but turns out I was stage 3 grade 3 with multiple node involvement. I believe that if I had waited any more than that two weeks I would be dead by now. Any doctor who takes a 'wait and see' attitude does not understand IBC - please don't leave it push for a referral and biopsy right away.

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

I. Sure any doctor will see you with symptoms you have then when you do get to see someone about it it's a good idea to wright the things down so you don't forget and believe me you won't look silly I had a list and it did help me ask the main questions I wanted an answer for I'm not sure where about with me what a joke in this world you need to fight for everything coss if you don't then nothing happens and you just go on with life then before you know it you have cancer I'm sorry if you think I'm a bit harsh I don't mean to be I'm just trying to help you and also you can't aford to let it go deep down you know it's true Hun if u need someone to talk to im here anytime I really hope it's nothing but if it is there are so many many lady's on here that will help u in anyway they can so please try not to worry and at the same time don't let it go take care honey lots love milly

• mrsnjband
    mrsnjband Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013
    Options

If the mammo is negative that doesn't mean you don't have IBC. I even had a negative skin punch biopsy. It took an breast MRI to find the 3mm area of IBC. The second biopsy came back positive. I knew something was wrong too so don't them tell you it's nothing. Keep pushing until you find out what it is. {{{HUG}}} NJ

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Well, the soonest I could get in for my mammo is nov. 26. I'm trying to be patient but I think I will call everyday to check for cancellations. I haven't seen any changes yet since starting the cream and cipro, I know it's only been a few days but it's just a regular rash I would think I would see some improvement Right?

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi Hun I would have thought you would have also so when do you is it the week after next and your having a mammogram you do know that it can be missed on it I'm sure I told you before but they call it chemo brain lol like I said you really need to push for a biopsy that way it can't be missed and you will know for sure it's the not knowing that gets to you isn't it

It drove me mad one the not knowing and the waiting time between apointments do you live I'm the uk or somewhere else here you have to wait two weeks before you can get to see someone that Mage me feel like I was going mad lol I really hope it gets sorted soon for you I'm thinking of you but please try not let it take over your life I know it's hard for you not to think about it all the time but try not sure if you have a family around you that can give you support you need I hope so lean on them for a bit I'm sure they won't mind and if u can't then message me anytime xxxx

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Called the imaging center this am, they had a cancellation tomorrow. Yea! The rash is evolving, getting larger and where there was a 1/4 inch wide raised border has lessened. Still doesn't any bumps withe fluid (which I get when I have an allergic rash) and feels heavy. And not as warm as it was. Not sure if this is due to antibiotic or what. Just glad I get in tomorrow for my mammo. At least it's a start if finding what's going on. :)

• ibcmets
    edited November 2013
    Options

BeachNana,

Glad you are getting in soon.

Terri

• PoohBear-61
    PoohBear-61 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    Options

OHHHH soooo Glad .....ive been following your thread from day one and even saying a few prayers for you from Canada ......SOOOO glad your getting your mammo tomorrow ......must be such a relief ...I couldn't believe that they were going to make you wait until the 26th !!!!

I am going to be thinking about you tomorrow ....... !!!!!!

Big hug

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Well no mammo yesterday. The billing dept called later monday and said I would need to pay $350 for mammo and ultrasound that was on the order. I don't have that money right now. So I cancelled found another imaging center in town that will do the mammo for free and can make payments for the US. So have an appt for next Tuesday. I can do a week I guess. Trying to be calm for my husband and kids. I don't want them to know how worried I am. :/

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

ok have stopped antibiotic and nystatin cream no improvement. Today the rash borders are inflamed and very itchy. My doc called in a steroid cream to try. I just know this rash is not related to allergies or bug bites or a skin problem. My mammo and ultrasound can't come soon enough so I can get some answers.

• ibcmets
    edited November 2013
    Options

BeachNana,

I hope all goes well this week for you. Thinking about you.

Terri

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

thinking of you let's hope it shows everything is ok my prayers are with you take care xxx

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi all - hope all is well today. I'm holding it together but it's hard. Something is going in with this left boob of mine. Rash is slowly spreading and a few days ago I noticed the nipple is angling down and goes in when I raise my arm. The other side doesn't. I think I have been thinking OK I'll get this checked and it will be nothing. In 2 days I have my appt and it's getting real now. I might find out something that will change my world....

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

hiya Hun you know what if it is the big c you will get there I never it thought I would be able to do this and yet you do find the strength from somewhere for me it was my boys for you it will be something different I'm sure but we are all here for you no matter what the outcome for me I have found some amazing friends that has helped me get on with this and you will two it's only a few more days a you will be there just remember we are all here for you no matter what the time of day or night take care Hun we are thinking of you lots love and hugs xxxx

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Mammo and ultrasound negative but wants me to get a punch biopsy and MRI after regardless of the biopsy results. He did discuss IBC and kept focusing on how rare it is. I could see the concern on his face but wouldn't commit this is it but said because the rash is still present and the breast enlargement that we need to see what's going on. He wants me to call him when I have the results of the biopsy. My doctor's office will call when the get the faxed results. Hopefully tomorrow. A waiting game again.

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited November 2013
    Options

Isn't the path report being sent directly to your DR?  Mine are sent to my oncologist and my PA.    The radiologist who did my new mammo, US and FNB did call me the next morning to tell me that it was indeed IBC as he and my PA were sure it was but not official til the path came in the mext AM.  Tje hospital who ran the path sent a copy to Jan (my PA) at the same time they notified the Radiolist who had done the biopsies the afternoon before but he was the first one to call me.   I've since had 3 biopsies (not BC related - a Basal Cell Carcinoma on my arm and 2 Squamous Cell Carcinoma on face) and the reports were sent to all my Drs.  These were not urgent sp there was not a 'hurry' put on them so it was a few days.

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

hiya Hun well at least they are going to get to the bottom of it all they will know all when the biopsy results come in I really hope for u that it is all clear but if it's not take a breath and take one day at a time that's the only way I have been able to do it can't think two far ahead as it would freak me out two much I had a mammogram and u/sound done and was told to go home there was nothing wrong with me to get on with my life then a few months later things went from bad to worse had the same tests again and biopsys done to be told a week later I had ibc and it is aggressive I felt like my whole world had fallen apart but then after a few days it began to sink in what I had been told well if I'm honest I'm still waiting for the rest of it all to sink in but anyway I have had six rounds of chemo so far and this week and next I'm having loads of scans done at the old hospital I was at was a nightmare but I have since changed hospitals and they are great I couldn't ask for better care I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be scared for asking for a second apin make sure they give you a bone scan which mine didn't do and most of all listen to your heart do what it's telling you to do and it's generally right you need to see someone that has treated someone with your sort of case I not saying you have it but I'm just saying be prepared then you will be Incontroll it is the waiting that's the worse of all feeling of helpless ect but I hope and pray that you will get good news just try and keep a clear head and wright a list down of things you want to ask him next time you see him you won't feel silly I often see people walking in the doctors room with a list anyway Hun I hope it all goes well for tomorrow just remember we are all here for you any time of day or night I have found some amazing friends on here that I hope we will all stay intouch with and you will two so take care and let us know how you go tomorrow xxx

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

Had a punch biopsy this afternoon. 2 to 4 days for results.

• ibcmets
    edited November 2013
    Options

I would certainly hope this proves to be no more than an infection. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Terri

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

hiya Hun that's not two bad I had to wait a full week lets hope everything is ok lots of hugssss and I will be thinking of u xxxx

• BeachNana
    edited November 2013
    Options

No news today so hopefully Monday. The imaging center called today to set up a MRI that my doc ordered. This has my anxiety up because he didn't say anything the other day and I thought I was to wait for the bx results. Y'all have a good weekend.

• Milly43
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi Hun don't you just hate that when you are so worried and time passes slowly and the fact it's the weekend try not to worry I know that's easy said and done but try and keep yourself bizzy then the time will pass much faster your doctor is properly covering his own back even if he has seen something you would still have to wait as. It's the weekend I had to wait a full week and when I did go I was told I had ibc and it's aggresive then later when I got my notes from the hospital it. Said they new by day three an MRI is more detailed pick then any other one as far as I know so try and keep your chin up and keep bizzy I am saying my prayers for you big huggggsssss you know where I am if you just need a natter x

• Milly43
    edited December 2013
    Options

hiya Hun sorry I have not been on for a while had other things on my mind but I did want to find out how you got on with your results from the hospital I really hope it was good news for you let us know x

• BeachNana
    edited December 2013
    Options

hi Milly, no news yet. Had my MRI last Tuesday. Hopefully I have some results tomorrow. The waiting is just horrible. I haven't slept well in weeks.

• Milly43
    edited December 2013
    Options

Omg I would have thought you would have been told by now I can't get over that all of this is unbelievable I really did think you would have known at least something by now so you get your results tomorrow well at least you will know one way or the other by then I have had all my scans done I have changed hospital now it's the best thing I have ever done wish I would have done it much sooner anyway they have there mdt meeting today Monday then I go on Tuesday this week to find out my results I really hope they will say everything is ok and they let's get on with the op now but knowing my luck it won't happen like that I really would love to know now

I have had a ct discan and a mammogram and ultrasound done and a bone scan so I should go tomorrow and they should give me my results so I will know where I will be at after then it has been so buzzy just traveling from one place to the next it seamed everyday there was something to do I'm so glad it's now over Now and I don't have anymore running around to do I was very tired by the time last week was over in just need to know now one way or the other anyway Hun u take care let me know how you get on today good luck I will be thinking of you big hugssssss to you x

• debrasalamone
    debrasalamone Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Options

I got here strictly through a series of accidental clicks and I believe that it was meant for me to come here so I can say prayers for you who are here on this thread. I believe in God and I believe he uses every available hand here on earth to do his handy work and I know that he will send you his healing through the hands of your physician and his holy grace. I love you all. In Jesus name. Amen. I had cervical cancer in 2007 and it terrified me but I am completely cancer free now. I pray that you  will tell me the same very very soon. Peace.

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2014
    Options

I am assuming BeachNana got good news since she never came back to give her results. (Unless I missed something.)