Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Quote of the day...☺️

Options

Comments

• Rakovina
    Rakovina Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2014
    Options

The above is my fear.............

Tanya

• Romansma
    Romansma Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014
    Options

It goes on......love it!

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2014
    Options

Loveforlife - I love that poem.  I may share it on facebook or my carepages.

I've always liked:

"It is what it is"

- Penny

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2014
    Options

better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Chinese proverb

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2014
    Options

I read this one yesterday: 

"Life isn't about waiting for the showers to pass.

"It's about learning to dance in the rain."

by Vivian Greene

Terri

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014
    Options

(This may be a paraphrase - I found several different versions of it, but I like what it says.)

We can do no great things in this life; only small things with great love. ~ Mother Teresa

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2014
    Options

"Don't dream it, Be it." - Rocky Horror Picture Show

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited January 2014
    Options

"Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head." Mignon McLaughlin

• PoohBear-61
    PoohBear-61 Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2014
    Options

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but about learning to DANCE in the rain.

I just ordered this quote from a wall art co.in sticker form off ebay and will be sticking it on my bedroom wall  .

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014
    Options

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited January 2014
    Options

Ebru, this is the most wonderful thread!  Thank you for giving all if us something wonderful to look forward to everyday! One of my favorites:

I have reached the point in my life where I understand the pain and the challenges; and my attitude is one of standing up with open arms to meet them all. Myrlie Evers

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited January 2014
    Options

I came here to post the following, and I wasn't surprised that someone else had already given a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. Here's the one I came to offer:

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Bonitaj
    Bonitaj Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    Options

I so look forward to this.. I too am going to copy all these Marvelous Quotes, Poems and Thoughts.. and put them in a scrapbook..  Which I will refer to as needed.. Ebru.. this was a wonderful idea, thank you for the inspiration.

It all feels like a cleansing, a refreshing of Our Spirits and a Building up of Our Hopes, Dreams and Desires.. Thank you, all, (((HUGS)))  Bj

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined...
    Henry David Thoreau

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

Each new quote is such a precious gift, thank you all so dearly... found the quote that descibes my state of mind & heart so well...

Hugs, Ebru

I didn't expect to recover from my second operation but since I did, I consider that I'm living on borrowed time. Every day that dawns is a gift to me and I take it in that way. I accept it gratefully without looking beyond it. I completely forget my physical suffering and all the unpleasantness of my present condition and I think only of the joy of seeing the sun rise once more and of being able to work a little bit, even under difficult conditions.

Henri Matisse

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2014
    Options

that is wonderful Ebru, I'm going to save it and post on my Facebook.  Xoxoxox Jo 

• surfdreams
    surfdreams Member Posts: 179
    edited January 2014
    Options

BrendaTrue - I love, love, love your MLK post. It really hits home with something I've got going on right now!  So true!

• redwolf8812
    edited January 2014
    Options

Love the Henri Matisse quote, Ebru.  I'm going to put it on my facebook page and care page.

- Penny

• Bonitaj
    edited January 2014
    Options

“In so far as our prayer is affirmative, it is creative of the desired results.”—Ernest Holmes

Happy and Blessed Sunday, knowing that we, who are here have been suddenly thrown on this journey.. and knowing this was not in our plans for our lives.. Knowing just how difficult this path is to travel..  I am praying for all of us.. I am praying for our health and well being.. our peace of mind, our healing, relief from pain, a new understanding of our lives.. our families, friends and for those who are caregivers.. the doctors, nurses, various medical techs, etc.. Praying that we travel this journey with everything that is needed to make it, A Marvelous and Wonderful Experience of Love..

Good Morning to All.. Sending my love and embracing you all with the love God has placed in my heart for each of you.. I Hope We Dance.. even if  we can only dance in our minds.. Bj

• redwolf8812
    edited January 2014
    Options

Cancer brought me and my family closer to God.  This quote reminds me of that fact:

"Sometimes the only way the Good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them." - Fulton Sheen

• pip57
    pip57 Member Posts: 7,080
    edited January 2014
    Options

My inspiring saying is a take on one already posted.  I said it every day when my daughter was fighting cancer and resurrected it for my own battle.  

"It is what it is.  Now get up and kick its ass!"

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited January 2014
    Options

Dear Ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I post this here.  It was a quote I found for my son when he graduated college with a degree in physics. I have it taped to my desk.

When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen; either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.

Physicist Edward Teller

hugs,

Bren

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2014
    Options

"If ever there is tomorrow when we are not together... there is something you must always remember.You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.  But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so difficult."

"We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?", said Piglet.  "Even longer", Pooh answered.

I'm having one of those days, when the wisdom of Winnie-the-Pooh seems to express things the best.  How I do love that old Pooh Bear!  Hugs to all of my BCO sisters, who I know will be friends for "even longer".  I couldn't be on this journey without you!

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

• Bonitaj
    edited January 2014
    Options

My BCO Sisters.. I just can't get anymore excited.. about this thread. I am just blown away..!! From Winnie the Pooh and Piglet to Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.. From Kahlil Gibran to Mahatma Gandhi.. We are on to something here.. Sending my love and ((((BIG HUGS)))) TO ALL OF YOU.. and to echo the words of Hollander.. I couldn't make this Journey with all of you..!! Bj

Healing
    We must play by the rules life has dealt us,
    no matter how it makes us feel,
    for sometimes the things that we feel are the worst
    are the stepping stones that help us heal.

... Brenda "Rion" Sewell
  • surfdreams
    surfdreams Member Posts: 179
    edited January 2014
    Options

• dancermom
    dancermom Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    Options

Thousands of candles can be lighted from one candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared.

• Bonitaj
    edited January 2014
    Options

Planting my Seed.. and sending prayers up for us all. Enjoy Life and Dance to the Music you Love..!! ((((HUGS.. TO ALL)))) Bj
  • Bonitaj
    edited January 2014
    Options

surfdreams.. Pooh just makes me smile..  dancermom .. Thanks for sharing your light of Happiness.. Bj

Thanks to All my BCO Sisters for this wonderful and thoughtful sharing of caring and thoughtful Quotes, Poems and Messages of Encouragement.. Bj

P.S. I hope we never stop this thread..