Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Quote of the day...☺️

Options

Comments

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited January 2014
    Options

I just LOVE this thread. Thanks to all who are posting. It's the first thing I look for when I log in. 

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited January 2014
    Options

People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.               

St. Augustine

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2014
    Options

Huge hugs & love

Ebru

• Mamita49
    Mamita49 Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2014
    Options

Thinking only about my very precious girls I love so much, I read this one.

What we do for ourself dies with us,

what we do for others remains inmortal.

• Dita
    Dita Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Options

when you're going through hell, keep going

Winston Churchill

• dancermom
    dancermom Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    Options

the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2014
    Options

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles M. Schulz

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2014
    Options

Dita, I have the Churchill quote on a fridge magnet, so I can see it frequently.  It has applied to a lot of life situations!  

Here's another magnet quote from Bruce Barton:

"All things splendid have been achieved by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance."

• hollander
    hollander Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2014
    Options

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of oneself; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;  to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded!"

Bessie A. Stanley (often misattributed to Emerson)

• Bonitaj
    Bonitaj Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    Options

My wonderful BCO Sisters..

Tonight I wanted to share my Joy..!! I have a friend whom I meet on Facebook through another friend. Her Baby girl.. was diagnosed with CANcer Twice..!!

First.. WELM'S TUMOR (A CHILDREN'S FORM OF KIDNEY CANcer..) surgey (they removed her affected kidney and a large tumor..) in May 2012, chemo/rad.. followed by 3 months of remission..!! Then, she was diagnosed with STAGE IV DOUBLE LUNG CANcer...!!! Very Aggressive..!! More surgery, rad/ more radical  chemo..

Tonight.. after many many prayers, lots of Faith.. 5 year old Khyrstin Andrews is NED...!!! NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE...!!!!

a short time ago.. Khyrstin, our Kyssi Pooh as she is called said.. "when God and I  kick CANcer's  Butt.. my mommy is going to get me a little puppy..!!! 

Kyssi spoke her own healing.

Hope is everything..!! Never ever give up..!! spoken by Kyssi and her Mom..

Ephesians 3:20-21
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. .

God Bless and keep us all..  Bj

• Dita
    Dita Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Options

bonitaj what a beautiful story. 

"Where the f#ck is the cure? "

Dita

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2014
    Options

This was on my fb today. It is so true.

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2014
    Options

Amen

• YamaMama
    YamaMama Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    Options

When I saw this I thought of all of us.  It's what we do.... Yama

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

Amen. 

Moira, I saw the exact same view portrayed in your quote, travelling to Konya, where Rumi lived, as the sunset & the moon rises from the fields…So today's quote is:

“When someone beats a rug,the blows are not against the rug, but against the dust in it.” 

Rumi

This quote brings relief each time I feel anxiety building up….

hugs all

Ebru

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2014
    Options

Ebru, thank you for starting this thread. I just found it today! I love all the quotes from so many of my favorite authors and poets, I love the thought-provoking ones and the gut-busting funny ones. Today I can contribute a couple of more "thoughtful" quotes that remind me that it matters how we live our lives.

""In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Take rest: a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." - Ovid

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2014
    Options

"You do not fail a treatment, it fails you"  -- mcbn.org    Don't know why I found that so profound (in a way), but it's shows an attitude worth having.

• Ohmydarlin
    Ohmydarlin Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2014
    Options

The business of life is the aquistion of memories.  In the end that is all there is. 

• amontro
    amontro Member Posts: 184
    edited January 2014
    Options

Life is not a dress rehearsal.  Go for it!

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2014
    Options

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”  - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross   

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

wow Bon, just what I was thinking this morning! Great one, thank you. 

Hugs

Ebru

• Bonitaj
    Bonitaj Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hello everybody..

I really believe in this Quote..

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
    Steve Jobs

Loving (((((HUGS))))) To All.. Bj

P.S. This thread has become my new go to book for dealing with the ups and downs, we have faced, are facing or will face. We are it's Authors.. that makes it even, 'Sweeter'..!!

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014
    Options

God does not give us what we can handle; he helps us to handle what we are given.

• stagefree
    edited January 2014
    Options

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2014
    Options

thank you Bon! " If people don't make an effort to be in your life".  Jo

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    edited January 2014
    Options

This thread is awesome, I continue to be blown away by its *continuous* *perpetual* inspiration.  I especially love "beautiful people don't just happen."

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2014
    Options

That's great, TheDivineMrsM.  I shared it on facebook.

- Penny

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited January 2014
    Options

Nothing to share at this moment, but I wanted to say that I am really enjoying this thread,  Thanks to all who take the time to contribute!

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited January 2014
    Options

BJ, loved the Steve jobs quote ... It came at the most perfect time for me!  Thanks for sharing it!

• Rakovina
    Rakovina Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2014
    Options

I too love this thread, and Winnie The Pooh is such a clever little bear. 

"Crying doesn't mean you are weak, it just means you have been strong for too long".

Personally I think a good cry does you the world of good.

Hugs to all

Tanya