Comments

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited February 2015

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited February 2015

Too funny @ 50s.

So, this is a bit off-topic, but there's a buy/sell/free stuff FB page in my community. There's also (horrific) reports of a lot of missing cats and dogs and a dog fighting ring reported in the next small down up the road (about 10 miles away). So, I see "free kitten, get it out of here today, no questions asked", I had to rescue it. Apparently, these people had a boarder who left and didn't take his kitten. These were nice enough people, just no clue about what can happen when you give a kitten away "free with no questions asked". So, we took it to the Kitten Inn, a wonderful rescue group here that takes unwanted kittens and pregnant cats. They took this little guy in and he crawled into one of the cubby holes on a cat pole and claimed his territory. He'll go to the vet for a check tomorrow, along with getting neutered, de-fleaed, wormed, vaccinations, etc. Then he'll go to foster care for a couple of weeks to get him more used to people. He's not feral, just terrified and shy. Then he'll get a home with people who are questioned and have to pay for him (basically to recoup the cost of vet care, but costly enough to help make sure they don't end up as dog bait).

Anyway, while we were there, my husband immediately made a friend at the Kitten Inn. This little guy just crawled all over him. And no, we didn't bring it home...we already have 6! Hopefully this picture and story will make you smile. Picture doesn't do things justice; this is a very little kitty (about 6 weeks old) who looks bigger because of lens distortion. Note size of it's pay versus DH's fingernail and it will give you an idea.

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited February 2015

I don't know why your post would be off topic, it is "warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties etc" The kitten is so cute, but with 6 already at home I can understand your reluctance to bring another one. I can't believe that people would offer up a kitten "no questions asked" what does that even mean???? You & your hubby are so kind to go & rescue that poor kitten. GG

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited February 2015

Kiwicat-Great story! I'm glad you got him off to a better start.

GG27- Oh your calico cat Victoria Louise is just beautiful, no wonder you miss her.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited February 2015

I'm hoping to volunteer at the Kitten Inn...if they have an opening, then I'll be able to track his progress. He was a sweet little guy. We're only supposed to have 3 per our lease, and have 6, otherwise, I would have been tempted to keep him! But it's enough hassle taking 3 to the cattery on property inspection days. :)

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited February 2015

Kiwi - so lucky for that kitten that you and your hubby were there. ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

Frida - beautiful. Nerdy

Victoria-Louise - RIP beautiful cat. Nerdy

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to welcome me."

(I have more than 20 cats waiting for me (hopefully I get there!))

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2015

GG27... I know... this is Lacee Jayne! She was our Angel, even before she WAS one.... Sad

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2015

I LOVE the Trailer one!

• feelingfeline
    edited February 2015

Lacee Jayne Smile

• feelingfeline
    edited February 2015

• feelingfeline
    edited February 2015

• feelingfeline
    edited February 2015

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,705
    edited February 2015

GG, the cat in my avatar was my beautiful boy Charcoal, who we lost in Novemeber to kidney failure. He was only 7 at the time and I still miss him even though I have a very active 5 month old kitten named Princess. Even though she is a girl, she looks so much like her older brother. Will have to get a picture of what she looks like now and post it here!  

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2015

I don't know the real story behind this picture, but it is beautiful..... and the way we feel sometimes...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited February 2015
    99 problems funny pictureimageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

imageimage
  • sas-schatzi
    edited February 2015
    shhh let me think funny pictureimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage
  • sas-schatzi
    edited February 2015
    never heard of it funny pictureimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

• sas-schatzi
    edited February 2015

KIWI hey:) Off topic about the sweet story of you DH and the kitty----That's really the heart of this thread is stories :)

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2015

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited February 2015

Feelingfeline, With 20 kitties waiting for you, it certainly will be heaven!

Chevyboy, Lacee Jayne was a beauty for sure.

Usually this thread makes me laugh when I come here in the morning. Today I have only tears, but they are good tears. I'm going to wander out to see Miss VL, she is buried on our property & I quite often go out & tell her how much I miss her. Her marker is a little cast iron fence, befitting the queen that she thought she was. :) Thanks everybody. -GG

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2015

GG..... I know..... I feel that way too, just when I see something, or something reminds me of her.... We have Lacee right here, and I even found some of her fur, outdoors, from when I used to brush her almost every day....! I saved it, and it still smells like her.... So it is with her other stuff, that I treasure. Isn't it amazing how our hearts just break when we lose our pets? I think it takes forever and a day before we can think about them without the tears coming.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited February 2015

Aww...Lacee was so beautiful. And it does hurt for a long time when we lose our dear furry friends.

Hugs to all,

Terre

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2015
  • Andrea623
    Andrea623 Member Posts: 572
    edited February 2015

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,705
    edited February 2015

GG, Chevy is right. It took me a while to get over losing Charcoal. Every time I thought of him, I'd bawl my eyes out. Kept his collar and put it in a drawer so when I miss him, I can look at it and smile. Still have his picture on the fridge. At least now, I can look at his picture and not tear up.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I still miss my Mocca who died 3 years ago. She was a tortie like GG's only with short hair. We have fostered for the last couple of years and recently adopted one of our fosters. He's totally different. Black, athletic, not really cuddly, but a real character.

• Unknown
    edited February 2015

• Andrea623
    Andrea623 Member Posts: 572
    edited February 2015

• juliecc
    edited February 2015

Here's a hamster in a sweater Smile

• juliecc
    edited February 2015