Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2015

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2015

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited November 2015

Your answer to broken coffee machinimage

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Loverly, YES<YES<YES that's exactly it!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2015

Thanks Mags!!!!

Means a chitty day till you can get to Starbucks.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Coffee machine search: Not going to be easy. The testing requirements of this group are tough. Already thought Bonavita was going to be the choice. But the model is already off the list. The price range is wide and can go HIGH. But it was fun to read this and think about how exacting this group is in testing and certifying coffeemakers. Found this group through the coffeedetective.com

http://www.scaa.org/?page=cert2

At this time, current SCAA Certified Home Brewers are:

• Technivorm Moccamaster
    • Bunn Phase Brew 8 Cup Coffee Brewer
    • Brazen Plus Customizable Temperature Control Brew System
    • KitchenAid Coffee Maker KCM0802
    • KitchenAid Pour Over Coffee Brewer (model KCM0801OB)
    • Bonavita Coffee Maker (model BV1900TS)
    • Bonavita BV1900TD 8-Cup Digital Coffee Brewer
    • OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker
    • OXO On 12-Cup Coffee Maker
    • Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker

Past SCAA Certified Home Brewers are:

• Lance Larkin BE 112 Brew Express
    • Bonavita 8 Cup Exceptional Brew Coffee Maker with glass or thermal carafe
      (BV1800 and 1800SS)

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2015

When this one goes, I'll get another Krupps. The first one lasted about 9 years, current one is about 10. About 80-100$$.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Morning Spookie, You would just bust a gut at the review wars on multiple sites. These folks are intense. Really swinging towards one brand, but guess I won't say b/c that would break TOS for BCO. I don't think it breaks rules if I say what I had. Oh well if I get banned, I'll beg them to let me back. Coffee's important. This current on broke after cleaning and restart with about 12 hours to air dry. Guess they're was water somewhere it shouldn't have been. DBF could here a sssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiii then it went out. Dead after that. Of course, this happened going into season. Thanksgiving is my big day of the year.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

These folks take their coffee seriously. They have conventions and meetings. Sponsored tours. Wish my PS had taken his foob work as seriously.

History of SCAA:

Established in 1982 by a small group of coffee professionals seeking a common forum to discuss issues and set quality standards for the specialty coffee trade, the SCAA is now the world's largest coffee trade association with nearly 2,500 company members. SCAA members can rightfully be credited for much of the growth and success the specialty coffee industry has experienced over the past twenty-five years. We invite you to view some of our most defining moments:

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920
    edited November 2015

SAS, At least it didn't wait until Thanksgiving when everything is closed.

DH said he picked ours because it would go under the cabinets. We are learning that things in our house were built without input from normal standards. It works for us - neither of us is tall.

I took my travel cup to the senior center last Fri morning. It wasn't completely full, had the opening shut, and still managed to leak all over everything. Thank dog it was in a plastic bag. It tends to drip, so I had a kleenex folded and taped at the junction of lid and cup and it was soaked by the time I arrived. Didn't fall over or anything and the drive was only 15 min. I looked at the store, but they are really expensive, so came home and cleaned mine to see if that will help.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited November 2015

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2015

I could be called a coffee snob. I just CANT drink the usual grocery store, McDs coffee. It's been treated with chemicals, that's all I smell/taste. It has to be water processed before I can get near it. So that site is right.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Have I been under a rock? Amazon prices are coming down the longer I look. Are the sellers fighting over me?

LOL, Sheldon would fit in....They're is a Coffee-Con..........probably the same thing as SCAA yearly conference which is in Atlanta this year.

Wren yes, I have measured already.....limited counter space. We had Bunn's for years. Bunn's take allot of counter space. Exceptional coffee though.

Spookie, fun site isn't . They have a newsletter that has more news on it than Google News

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited November 2015

Ireland

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Whew, bought a new coffee machine.......based on SCAA certification. I think it's against BCO TOS to say which one. I learned a whole lot about coffee makers today. 8-10 day shipping. No home coffee till then. I'll let you know what it works like after it comes i.e was it worth the price.

What was funny to me in the travels today. I came across a Chemex that was very popular in the 70's when I was newly married. It was labor intensive b/c you had to heat the water and pour it over the coffee. It was very desirable and considered very "in" then. Well, time has gone on. Chemex has kept the labor intensive original carafe that is relatively cheap, but it can now be purchased with a machine. With the machine to drip the water, it is at the super high-end prices on the market. The price of the machine with Chemex is approximately 7xs of the carafe.

Image result for chemex

• wren44
    edited November 2015

We have Melita filters that we take camping. It's similar to the Vietnamese one. For daily use, it takes too long. We set our coffee pot to go on when we get up or a few minutes before, so no wait for that first cup.

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Hi Smaarty - Ireland where we build little conservatories on the sides of our castles Nerdy

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Sas the coffee thing is fascinating!

BCO is so educational.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

FF I agree, I never knew they're was so much to know about coffee. :)

Chevy, that was a tear jerker .........thanks

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Chevy I watched the dining video you put up and then I just had to watch the "making of" one. (Yet again BCO is so educational Nerdy)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2015

Sassy WHAT? You mean the video of the dogs & cat dining? Was a tear-jerker? I'm lost again.... Just how far back to I have to go to figure out what you are talking about?

I found another one...

http://instructor.upvines.tv/elephant-instructor-r... But I think it is just so cool!

And you KNOW that making coffee is the easiest thing I do all day? I never gave it so much thought.... Ha!

Did you guys ever have "Mexican coffee" in Mexico? It is like a regular presentation, at your table! And they add something like alcohol, and then light it on fire! For Dogs Sakes!

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    edited November 2015

Thanks for the videos Chevyboy, they are both worth sharing....

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited November 2015

Look at the paws on this lynx!

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

• feelingfeline
    edited November 2015

Nerdy

• wren44
    edited November 2015

Wow! I didn't know lynx were so big! The paws look like it's still growing, but they're probably to stay on top of the snow.

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

LOL