Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2015
  • Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2015

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2015

Got the new coffee pot. Great coffee. Everything has it's learning curve. Turned it on --or so I thought. Nothing happened. DBF had opened it when I was asleep and put the instructions in the drawer. Web site had instructions. The unit has only one button. One of the features that attracted me. But it performs in several ways. A preinfusion mode--press and hold five seconds that sets it to that mode until unplugged. To run unit press and release. Finally caught on, but took two readings of the instructions.

All previous coffee makers recommended using vinegar to clean and descale. The instructions recommend not doing this, they have a special cleaner.

Image result for bonavita 1900ts

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited November 2015

You mean $pecial cleaner, ye$$?

Any of you coffee lovers here make cold brew?

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2015

Love the photo of the squirrel and the cat. I saw videos of the squirrels rase as a pet at people s hone and I wish I had one lol they looks so much work though but cute as they can be :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

True story about an Italian lost in New York city and the police officer that found him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/04/nyregion/missing-italian-marathoner-found-on-new-york-subway-still-in-his-running-gear.html?_r=0

Officer Man Yam was reading an article about Gianclaudio P. Marengo when he spotted him on Tuesday. Credit Yeong Ung Yang for The New York Times

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited November 2015

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

I think this was posted before but it's so cute!

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

This is Muir Woods in Northern California. I went here a couple of years ago and it was so beautiful!

• juliecc
    edited November 2015

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited November 2015

Yes, Julie! Muir Woods is beautiful. Went there with my sisters-in-law 8 years ago.

Kiwi, looks like a mushroom to me

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

I've been following Lana's story since it went viral . Lana hasn't found a forever home, but it's so wonderful to see she is now bouncing back. The pic with her head into the wall is what went viral.

http://www.today.com/news/saddest-dog-world-receives-more-3-000-adoption-applications-t54076

• Enerva
    edited November 2015

so sad :(

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited November 2015

For the dog lovers out there. :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

Enerva ...Lana's now in foster care. The final story will be fine for her. It did break my heart when I saw her first pic. That's why I followed the story.:)

• KiwiCatMom
    edited November 2015

Awwww.cute doggie!

• Enerva
    edited November 2015

I must say I am a dog lover and I had dogs in the past. It breaks my heart when I see the reality of some of the dogs. Thanks for sharing the story hope she is adopted in a great home.

Happy

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited November 2015

That dog picture is heartbreaking. Not a dog person, but hate to see one unhappy.

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2015

We forget that dogs mourn too. Amazing how love turns Lana around.

Aw, Kiwi, I am a dog lover. Can't see myself become a crazy cat lady

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2015

• Enerva
    edited November 2015

it crazy but one reason I have no dogs now is the thought of me getting sick and my pets having no one to care for them. I know it's stupid but I can't seem to believe on the oh I am free of c yet.

Anyway I make sure to donate to pet charities I just can't get one :(

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2015

Oh, Enerva. You can foster. If you lived near me, I would loan you mine. It will be six weeks tomorrow since we adopted her. A bit neurotic, but such a sweet heart and so much love she gives to us.

• Enerva
    edited November 2015

I wish but I live now in a condo and I work long hours another reason I don't Foster or get one cuz it's just no fair for the pet to be alone all day waiting for me to reach home to take them to a park to pee or something.

No I have the ashes of my babies and memories plus here I see all of you ladies pets . :)

I offered a neighbor to baby sit on weekends cuz their new dog sometimes cry a lot and u can hear but they haven't contact me or any other people a few of the neighbors are wiling :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920
    edited November 2015

Seeing it over and over at the shelter - cats and dogs mourn just like people. We try to be especially sweet when we know the situation. Sometimes it takes days of coaxing before they will eat on their own.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited November 2015

I don't have a dog because I like them too much to have one. I am gone long hours and don't have enough time to do a dog justice. And my husband isn't huge on dogs; he's a cat man. I still miss the dogs I've had in the past and once I retire, hope to adopt an older dog. That said, i also like cats, pigs, alpacas, goats, sheep, birds, etc. Not many animals I don't like!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2015

After DDs dogs were gone, I told her not to get another. They work crazy hours and it's not fair. So one day in her classroom, she thought she heard a meow. Nah, couldn't be! Next day, same. Brought in a have a heart trap & food. Baby was about 5-6 weeks old. We think she may have crawled in some kids backpack, and that's how she got in school.

So now Kitten rules the house.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited November 2015

Beautiful kitty!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited November 2015

Love Kliban's cats. Kitten is beautiful. Used to be a dog person, then became a cat person. Found out I was allergic to them so started the shots. Couldn't bare to give them away. They have since passed away but I now get my cat fix by helping feed some of the farels in the neighbor.

DD's dog just had three lumpectomies. One tumor was noticeable. During the surgery the vet found two more near other nipples. DD is waiting to hear the lab results of the tumors and the vet is consulting with a veterinary oncologist. She's a tiny dog, lucky if she weighs 8 lbs soaking wet.