Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

(Pic) could it be IBC?

Options
cduk
cduk Member Posts: 3

good morning, this morning I noticed a rash under my left nipple please see pic, also it's a bit itchy but I don't if that's in my mind because I know it's there. It's doesn't feel any warmer than my other breast and there's no hard skin like orange peel. What do you think? X

Comments

• jessozzie
    jessozzie Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi cduk,it does not look like it to me, may i ask your age?..normally it should feel warm and bigger than the other breast

• cduk
    edited April 2014
    Options

hi, I am 29.  Breasts feel the same weight and same temp x

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited April 2014
    Options

See you Dr to find out what it is as something is going on.  There are ao MANY possibilities as to what is going on with your skin..  IBC is among the least likely.  IBC is rare with it only acounting for between 1% and 5% of all DXd form of BC.  It is possible but there are so mny other things so much more likely especially at your age.

There is no one set way that  IBC initially presents itself.  My first 'sign' was a lymphnode that enlarged over night.  It encreased greatly in the week it took me to get into see my PA (she was on vacation so it took me a week to see her - did not want to see anyone else).  I had a new mammo, sono and biopsies that afternoon and had the path. report the next morning - IBC.  In the 17 days til I started Chemo, my breast did enlarge, peau d'orange developed  and nipple inverted.  Never had redness,'itchiness', or pain.  We are each so different and our bodies react differently.

So a Dr as 'something' is going on and you should be sure and the sooner the better just in case.

• Akevia
    Akevia Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2014
    Options

It does look like much to me either but I agree with kicks!!!! See a Doctor and IBC progress very very very fast, so you will know if it turns out to be something or not. 

• cduk
    edited April 2014
    Options

thanks for your advice xx

• chocoholic
    chocoholic Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Options

When in doubt, check it out and since IBC is aggressive check it out now!

• mrsmore
    mrsmore Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi cduk, I was wondering what you found out about your symptoms. I have something similar, so I have spent the past 24 hours making myself crazy with worry. Was yours IBC? Thanks for your reply!

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited February 2015
    Options

mrsmore - The OP only posted 3 times and has not been back since the next day so it's probable that she had a simple skin rash which is not unusual at all. The vast majority who come here having decided they are IBC because they have a skin rash aren't. Of course, anything is possible BUT IBC is rare - only between 1% - 5% of all DXd types of BC. There are MANY possibilities for skin rashes/redness though. Also, IBC does not always present as a rash/redness.

As IBC is aggressive and rapid, if you have concerns - see your Dr sooner better than later.