Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HERCEPTIN and/or PERJETA Threads

Options

Comments

• sueopp
    sueopp Member Posts: 238
    Options

Check'n in, and doing well here too, although the viral crud sweeping the east coast did me in for a while. Hope everyone else is feel'n groovy. Will February ever end? SUE

• bhd1
    bhd1 Member Posts: 173
    Options

well, I had my scan today and there was slight progression. Unfortunately this was the last chemo in the arsenal. So going forward I will be getting perjeta and herceptin alone every three wks. I need a break friom 5 yrs of chemo anyway. Neuropathy is getting worse and of course ,fatigue is always a problem w Chemo.

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    Options

Oh dear barb...I'm sorry. You've been a trooper thru so many treatments. So, now my hope is that you'll get some strength, energy, and feeling back & h/p will keep you around for a long, long time.

• ronniekay
    Options

Oh dear barb...I'm sorry. You've been a trooper thru so many treatments. So, now my hope is that you'll get some strength, energy, and feeling back & h/p will keep you around for a long, long time.

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    Options

Sue - I had the crud too. I was the last one in the office to get it.

Barb - so sorry to hear you had progression. Hopefully H&P will work well for you. You've been through so much!

I'm slowly growing back my hair after dropping the Taxotere. Yesterday I shopped at Kohls without a hat or wig for the first time, even though I still have bald spots. As someone who has always had long hair, that was huge! Also, it has been well below zero here the past few mornings, and Ive been marveling at not having nose hairs to freeze this year!

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    Options

Just had my first CT scan results from 8 weeks of taxol weekly/ Herp/Perjeta , no change- stable disease. Reported no SIGNIFICANT change. I was of course looking for reduction in size or some of the spots goine, but there was none at this point. Maybe too early? Doc said that most of the spots are so small that it was hard to tell. He will continue with the plan and scan in 6-8 weeks.

i\I should be happy with stable, but I am not, I am sad. really bummed. Chemo Blues, after 7 years of treatment with another new 'treatment' (only the prejeta is new)...I was hoping for some big differences in the scan, like I received when I first went on the Tykerb combo.

• mikarae
    mikarae Member Posts: 133
    Options

Sorry to read about the progression and neuropathy Barb. I hope being on Herceptin/Perjeta only works well for you. I just received my scan results and I am stable. Like Ftiztwins I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping for improvement. But stable is good.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Ladies, we are trying sooo hard to get better and want better news.

• sueopp
    Options

Barb, any progression is crap but glad that it was described as slight. Hopefully the H&P will keep things under control for a very long time. With you all the way, dear friend. SUE

• bhd1
    Options

thank you dear ladies for the support. I am looking forward to no chemo. I will probably never get to stable. but if progression continues to be minor , so be it

• sueopp
    Options

Fitz and mikarae, I am sorry about the scan results. You know the name of this game: hold...hold...hold... You are holding, not going backward, and that counts. Sending love, SUE

• ronniekay
    Options

I'm hopping on the hold wagon with Sue! Fitzwins...I think you're right...it's early in treatment (like 8 weeks just flew by on those drugs, right!) & if there was no change-it's stopping anything from growing! My thought is that shrinking is the next step.

Mikarae...we will always celebrate stable...happy dancing for you...and Barb..we'll keep cheering for strength & h/p taking charge!!!

Shutterbug...when I drove up to the Starbucks window (first chemo w/tax-09), a former high school student from where I was secretary greeted me. My hair was just coming back & she said I looked a little like a sheared Shitzu...it was my favorite comment :-). I bet you're as beautiful with your short do as your long! How's your energy at work?

• bhd1
    Options

nice Ronniekay

• Reneeswan
    Reneeswan Member Posts: 58
    Options

Barb, sorry to hear about your progression. Hope you get a very long time on herceptin and perjeta.

I have been on perjeta, herceptin, xeloda about 8 weeks. Not sure when we will scan, but at least hope for stable. I understand being disappointed with that news as we all wish for reduction in tumor size. Recovering from a week of being sick with a temp. Antibiotics are working but have not been able to taste food for a week.

Love the Shitzu story.

• shutterbug73
    Options

Yes, holding/stable is good, but it is understandable that we always hope for something more, given all that we give up.

I also loved the sheared Shitzu story. I was hoping to get the "chemo curls" that I've heard about, but alas I am destined for straight hair. I'd say right now I'm more of a Mexican hairless...sticking up all over!

• ronniekay
    Options

Renee...sorry you're dealing with a bug on top of treatment. Sometimes it's hard to know where one stops and the other starts..but a temp is never good. Hope you've been able to keep hydrated & get rest.

Shutter...my hair came in straight to start with (LOL...Mexican hairless crack me up!) and then did the finger in the socket curl. Patience :)

• sueopp
    Options

Some good news for us: had my routine bloods done just prior to Monday's H&P treatment and - wow! Bloods were perfect. Reds fine, whites fine, and I am officially no longer "immune supressed". I guess that it was the navelbine (dropped in early January) that was doing the damage. I presume that when doing only targeted therapy the regular cells bounce back - HA! This means that I no longer need to drop out when the grand kids have runny noses. I'll take a benefit wherever I can get it. PS: also had enough hair to get a halfway decent haircut. Hang tough, girls. Love to all, SUE

• Teakie88
    Teakie88 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Sue: Congratulations to you! I know that must have made you feel great! I noticed all my counts went back to normal after I finished up with my Taxotere and just went to H & P only. Enjoy the successes! Ann

• bhd1
    Options

Sue that is so awesome. Yay.. How long have you been off navelbin

• shutterbug73
    Options

That's wonderful Sue! And good news about the haircut too...I bet that felt great!

Next week I have my first blood test since dropping the Taxotere. I hope they are as good as yours. I know I feel better anyway.

• sueopp
    Options

Thanx folks. A goodie for one of us is a goodie for all of us. Barb, he dropped the navelbine at the start of January after a year and a half - cumulative SEs finally got to be too much. I'll have to face the music in June (scans) but meanwhile I will be dancing as fast as I can. SUE

• Reneeswan
    Options

Great news Sue! I's a good feeling to see normal labs. Keep dancing.

• mikarae
    mikarae Member Posts: 133
    Options

Congratulations Sue! :)

• ronniekay
    Options

Woohoo, SUE! My guess is you could've told them your counts were better!! Bet you're feeling stronger every day :-). SO HAPPY you can look past Navelbine (through very strong glasses!) and think of your scans that've been stable!!! My energy is amazing post navel, but so is my appetite-ugh. They say it's femara...I believe them! Give those grandkids a kiss on the lips for me!

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

yesterday I had written a long entry while at treatment...lost it somehow. So happy for you sue! Shutter, I bet your blood work will bounce back too! And barb--just wanted to say, don't give up hope. I had scans last Friday and everything continues to be stable. When I came off of taxol two years ago, I continued on h and p. Two years ago my scans were as follows--complete resolve in my breast(who cares), but I had 3 liver lesions, all three had decreased to 50% of their original size and the same for my spinal met. What I think is amazing is that throughout the next year on just h and p, the tumors continued to shrink. To where only one liver met is even detectible! I say this because i think these targeted drugs can do amazing things all on their own. Hang in there sistas

• Reneeswan
    Options

Kjones13 - Congratulations on being stable. It gives me hope herceptin and perjeta will do the same for me. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

• ronniekay
    Options

Kjones...I say it again...I want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!

• shutterbug73
    Options

That's great news Kjones. Great news for all of us, really!

• MonicaAnne123
    MonicaAnne123 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was on the same therapy and with the exception of a few tired days, it went very well. I did not experience nausea or any neuropathy. I hope you find that your experience is siminilar!!

• ronniekay
    Options

Are you off treatment now, Monica? I do have some neuropathy that could possibly be left over from Navelbine, but I think it's prob perjeta. I notice very dry eyes & a drippy nose that I didn't have on herceptin first go around, but I am so thankful for being on this regimen & hope we all find it keeps us stable/NED forever!!!