Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited February 2016

Lynnwood-yeah for stable!! Eleven cycles!

All my HER countscame from biopsies, as far as I know.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited February 2016

Marilyn- that's great news!! Happy dance time!!

Deanna sending you positive vibes for good scan results and also a virtual hug!

Artist Her counts are only from a biopsy

Lynwood. Stable is great!

Love hearing positive news!!!

Babs

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited February 2016

Great news, Lynwood!!! So happy for you.

Well my refill just arrived, and I thought I'd share the card that was enclosed. At least it's not as ridiculous as the KEEP CALM one they sent last month. I guess it's a nice sentiment, but still a bit odd.

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited February 2016

HI Ladies,

I am on my 3rd week of 2nd cycle of 125mg of Ibrance/Letrozole. I can eat just the smallest amount of food and feel like I've had a 3 course meal. Sometimes the full feeling is accompanied by nausea. Anyone else had this side effect and how did you deal with it. I just don't feel good at all. My WBC was checked on Tuesday and is 2.9 and last month 3.1. I do a lot to boost my immune system including taking mistletoe shots, but I guess the Ibrance wins out!

Thanks for any info or suggestions!

Robin

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited February 2016

Lynnwood - Great news on the scan! Borrowing a line from Deanna's CVS card, "FEEL THE LOVE!" We do LOVE your good news!!

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited February 2016

Deanna as usual thx for the link. I have to subscribe, just by looking at their site they have so much info. I have to find out what you sent to me. Your info is always great, the last link you sent i resent to Onco, thought he should know about the fight for MBC. You are a doll! Deanna i actually hate those little cards, really who needs pharma sending this over? If someone were to ask for such statements, then they could send it out, but not knowing the state of mind of the person at the receiving end, it would be wiser to BACK OFF. That's what Dani thinks and I agree. Deanna good vibes your way, my dear.

Lynwood hey haven't heard from you in awhile, stable is great. So happy for you.

Artistat my daughter had the 2nd biopsy from the Iliac bone, with FISH it was over 3, then another 1 yr later was a blood test, also to show which tx would work for, bcs not much has. I would say yes, it's a good idea after much time has passed to have a biopsy, but also if the results have been good, they might one does not need it. Dani's results even after changing tx with accordance to Her2 status,was dismal so we had to redo it the 3rd time.

Kaption thx for clarifying, I am trying to find ppl that have exactly the same dx as Dani, and even after I started a thread only Pearlady is there. Triple positive, MBC (extensive), failed all other tx, and on Ibr/Letr now. We'll see what time will show.

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited February 2016

Welcome Rachel! Make sure to look into Pfizer copay of $10 for Ibrance which comes in 3 doses; 75mg, 100mg and 125mg. Fatigue is major SE, but I have had bleeding gums and hair loss so found a halo. (see earlier thread). Everyone is different, so wishing you no SE. Happy to report good RBC and WBC numbers on round 2 day 14 today, so onc is keeping me on 125 despite hair loss. I start Xgveva shots in 2 weeks, along with Fas shots. FYI my onc said he had patients staying on Ibrance well over 20 months. Sounds good if progression is halted.

• NicciJ
    NicciJ Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2016

Wow, that's really nice to hear, Lalady...about the over the 20 months!! Great Hope! Positive Energy! :P

• dlb823
    edited February 2016

In traffic on our way to UCLA, but just had to share the results of the CA27-29 I had Wed that just popped up on-line. Last month I'd had a slight increase to 213, so I was a bit worried. But they're down to 178. So relieved and happy! Now just hoping scan results are in line.

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited February 2016

Deanna, that's a great drop!! Sounds like things are going well!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited February 2016

Yay, Deanna! Thinking of you today and hoping for a good report from UCLA…

Rose.

• Kaption
    edited February 2016

yay, Deanna!!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited February 2016

Good news, Deanna! And may the traffic gods smile upon you today.

• MyJ60
    MyJ60 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016

I have a question: has anyone been treated with Leukine (or other drugs that stimulate White blood cell production) while on Palbociclib in response to Neutropenia?

My white count has already gone down after 1 week, and I'm a little concerned about what will happen if it drops badly, since I seem to have this tendency. I want to avoid dose reduction. My oncology nurse said today that she's never seen it prescribed except when someone is taking chemo.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited February 2016

Deanne-that's a great drop. Hoping the scans show similar great results!!!!!

Babs

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited February 2016

Great to hear, Deanna. That's a great drop and I'm sure your scans will reflect it!

• dlb823
    edited February 2016

MyJ60, I was told (UCLA) that low counts is just part of the way Ibrance works... that for most people counts rebound, and that problems due to the low counts are rare. Based on this, doing something to raise counts may be counterproductive (my deduction). However, Ibrance is such a new drug, I think many oncs are still finding their way with it, and in doing so some seem to be experimenting w/things to boost counts or prevent them from falling. Don't know if that's good or bad. Probably depends on the doc and specific situation.

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited February 2016

Congrats on lower numbers Deanna! How were your scans? I drive to UCLA too. :)

• LisaJeanS
    LisaJeanS Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016

I am on day 15 of my first cycle of Ibrance/Femara. Glad to report that other than a few small mouth sores, no major SE yet.

I have an expander from my mastectomy in December and I am looking forward to having it removed/replaced with an implant as it is very uncomfortable. Does anyone know if I will have to discontinue treatment to have surgery?

Lisa

• Kaption
    edited February 2016

LisaJean, I have not had surgery, but I did have a back procedure that was invasive and I had general anesthetic. I did not have to stop treatment, but they did give me an antibiotic by I.v. during the procedure. It would be great if you are on the highest blood count part of your Ibrance cycle. Your surgery is a bigger deal than what I had, so they might want you on a break. Let us know what they decide-I'm interested to know

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited February 2016

Deanna great news on TM's. So happy for you.

Lalady wow, so glad for you.

• 513mgv
    513mgv Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2016

Deanna great news. Hope all have pain free weekend. Marilyn

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2016

Great Deana! Best wishes on scans to follow! Thanks all for the feedback on Her status...

• singlemom1
    singlemom1 Member Posts: 260
    edited February 2016

congratulations Deanna!

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2016

Hi,  Looks as if Tuesday I will be on Aromasin for sure and probably Ibrance also.   My previous treatments have been Faslodex, first one we tired and failed at 6 months.  Then Abraxane, Xeloda and last Halaven.  Am 4 1/2 years into this metastatic journey,  In Feb. 2015 my tumor marker was 162 and Jan. 19th 2016 it was 748

I did not handle Femara well at all when first diagnosed.  . The joint pain was awful, waking me every 2 -2 1/2 hours all night long.  I am now almost 71 and have arthritis.  Perhaps arthritis makes the joint pain worse. 

I will just have to see how my body handles this combo - right now, at 71, my life is about quality more than quantity.  Does that make sense?  Have read several pages of post.  My hat is off to all you ladies as you do what you have to do to move forward.  Blessings

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited February 2016

LisaJean - I have been in discussions with my MO and BS regarding a lumpectomy and they have said that they would want to schedule the surgery on my break week from Ibrance. However, if my white blood cell counts are too low they would want me to suspend the ibrance until the counts bounce back and then have the surgery so I think it depends on how low your counts are. I can add that I had gallbladder surgery last month while in my third week on ibrance. My WBC were not too low so they didn't see a need to wait for my break the following week and it was best that I had the surgery sooner rather than later. But of course your doctors are the best suited to answer this question.

• dlb823
    edited February 2016

Welcome, Lisa! Glad you've found us. I think the answer to your question will depend on how low your counts tend to go on Ibrance (still to be seen, if you are just on your first cycle), how quickly they rebound, and how long a recovery is anticipated for your exchange surgery. Ibrance is so new, just be sure your onc and PS communicate about your situation.

lalady, scans went very smoothly this time. I swear I can feel all the good thoughts and prayers easing my scanxiety, which always helps. Do you have your scans in Westwood? This time I was in the 200 building (vs 100 for past CTs), and the CT machine there is brand spanking new, very big, very fast, and reportedly gives better pictures than the 2 year old one across the way. Also, just a tip... If you're having a bone scan and a CT, if you get your bone scan injection first, they use a less painful IV in that area. The tech in the CT room even said he doesn't know why they don't get the same ones because there's less twisting motion involved in hooking up the dye, so less pain for us. Oh, and another CT patient in the waiting room clued me in (unfortunately after I'd already opened mine) that the banana smoothies are more palatable than the berry ones that I dread. Maybe you already know all this, but this gives me hope next time will be easier!

Thank you all for the "high fives" on my TMs -- which I hope you all find encouraging, since mine had gone up on Cycle 1 and Cycle 5. Deanna

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2016

OFF TOPIC I KNOW!!!

Ladies,  I see an error in my cancer location - it is in my bones; not brain.  When I go to Settings to make changes, I do not see a way to edit that information.  I have tried and tried, read all the help questions/answers but that isn't one of them.  Info at top says that we should be able to edit/change info.  I am now using Windows 10 so could that be the problem?  Frustrating when you can't fix such a terrible error.  First I have noticed it.  .

Truly appreciate your help.

• dlb823
    edited February 2016

Sorry, I can't help with your question, Naniam, but I'm sure someone will.

As posted a short time ago on the bone mets thread, my Friday scan results already came back and my UCLA onc has declared them overall stable! YaY! There is some concern about changes in T8 and T9, as well as some increased uptake on the bone scan in bones in the chest area -- maybe why I occasionally get a stabbing pain there, not unlike a pain I reported years ago after my mx that no one could find a reason for back then. But everything else showed healing, less uptake (bone scan), and a decrease in activity.

Feeling very thankful, and I hope this will be encouraging to everyone weathering the ups and downs of Ibrance or about to venture into Ibranceland.

Onto Cycle 7! Deanna