Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited March 2016

Monika wonderful news. So happy for you. Now what's with the pain on the side?

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 494
    edited March 2016

Monika, Glad your scan was good and Tina was able to tell us what the heck bilateral lobe atelectasis is. But like mommall, I am wondering if you still have the pain in your side? I recall you mentioning rectal bleeding too, so you may want to think about getting a colonoscopy if you have not had one, just to be sure all is well with your GI tract. Hope your onc will be able to figure this out, or better still, that the pain just goes away. Big sigh of relief and a happy dance for you.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited March 2016

Good news Monika!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited March 2016

Ah, sigh of relief, Monika. Good news.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited March 2016

Monika that's great news!!!! Happy dance time

Babs

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

Congrats Monika!! amazing news!!!

• LovesMaltese
    LovesMaltese Member Posts: 551
    edited March 2016

I wanted to share with everyone that I had bone scan and CT scan's last Thursday. Results are in and my bones are healing!! She did switch me to 100 mg rather than the 125 because my numbers were borderline and I got sick 3 weeks ago. I am very happy about this report and could not wait to share !!!

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited March 2016

Wonderful news, LovesMaltes! Celebrate!

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited March 2016

Great news for you Lovesmaltese! I know you are thrilled and relived! Very happy for you

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited March 2016

lovemaltese. Great news !!! So happy for you!

Bab

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2016

Lovesmaltese - So happy to hear your good news!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited March 2016

You already know how thrilled I am for you, lovesmaltese, but I don't want to be left out of your chorus of friends here! It seems like we're on a roll with great scans in recent days, and I'm thrilled that you're in the good news group!

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited March 2016

Good news LovesMaltes! Time to celebrate :)

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

Congrats Lovesmaltes!!! So happy for you!!!

• moissy
    edited March 2016

Just completed my 8th cycle of Ibrance/letrozole. I was a little more concerned than usual this time because last month my alkaline phosphatase had increased and I'd had some sensations in my mets areas similar to pre-diagnosis. So the voice in my head was starting to talk just a little more loudly than usual :) Alk phos was down this month - yay!

Also, I started out with CA 27-29 tumor markers that were near 1100. After 8 cycles, I have entered the double digits and markers are in the 90s this month.

Because of low blood counts, onc dropped me to 100, then 75 which I've been on for majority of my cycles. So, as encouragement for any who are concerned about being placed on a lower dosage, this combo has still been very effective for me even on a lower dosage.

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

Yay Moissy. Such good news

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

yay, Moissy. Such good news. I had actually been wondering about those who had reduced dosages.

• momallthetime
    edited March 2016

LovesM thrilled for you. It encourages everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Moissy wonderful news. It's good MO is keeping a close watch on your numbers.

I was wondering, the Alk Phosp has been going down for Dani, and Ast/Alt which we are thrilled, but the TM's are just bumping down, digit by digit. She never had it as high as in the 1000s even when the last scan when the whole skeleton and skull lit up. Those are her numbers, not ev So we are hoping the combo Ibr/Letr is helping. Next TM is in w wks. How soon after starting the combo did you Ladies have a scan. She was having it every 3 mos for the past almost 2 yrs, due to aggressive progression, but now if the numbers are not getting worse, and doc did not mention it, I was thinking if we should ask or wait. She is in her 3rd cycle. and 3 mos after her last scan. Your opinions are welcome. (It's also bcs she's HER2+, and they don't have much documentation on it, so I am always second guessing)

How is everyone faring with your colds, I know a lot of people are going through that. In Dani's family and mine everyone has "something" and it's lingering.... Take good care, everyone

• ninaca
    ninaca Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2016

Monika,

I took Glucosamine Chondroitin, 3 pills a day, which helped very much in reducing joint pain (don't remember the dosage). I did take AI's for 14 years and eventually the joint pain went away on it's own. Two pills weren't enough it was when I took the third one that it really worked, I was able to tell the difference. I watched it work wonders on my aging dog (originally it was used on animals) and saw first hand how it could really help joint pain.

• NicciJ
    NicciJ Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2016

Wonderful!! Wonderful!! Congrats to LovesM & Monika! I am so thrilled to hear about your scans! I finish my 3rd cycle tomorrow and have a CT scheduled for 3:00, which I have been extremely nervous about for the past couple of weeks. I have mets to my lungs and I have been experiencing a tightness feeling in both lungs for about 2 weeks and I have also noticed my breathing is somewhat "shallow" quite regularly. I will get results Friday at 3:00 when I meet w/my onc.

Monika, absolutely, I have had tremendous relief with glucosamine. My doctor in TN was right when he told me to make sure to get a supplement that had all three: glucosamine, chondroitin, & msm. I order mine from Puritins Pride (puritin.com)

MOST POPULAR

4.4323 Reviews

Triple Strength Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM Joint Soother®

Triple Strength Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM Joint Soother®Triple Strength Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM Joint Soother®

On Sale

Buy 1 Get 1 Free

2 for $16.19

Reg. Price: $26.99

ADD TO CART

On Sale

Buy 2 Get 3 Free

5 for $32.38

Reg. Price: $53.98

ADD TO CART

I also get my dogs glucosamine from here as well. They are old dogs and I could tell about 6-8 weeks they were moving around alot better. It does have to build up in your system.

• Whorunewayz
    Whorunewayz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016

Count me in Romansma

I was to start Ibrance a few weeks ago but had a fall off of my bike and smashed my head/nose, broken bits and sutures required so delayed on the Ibrance. I have started the Letrazole a week ago. Still dealing with rotting nails post Abraxane. Anyway,healing my body with a vegan lifestyle change as well. I'll let you know when I get started. Hate taking meds and been on and off with this damn cancer sine 1995

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited March 2016

Mom, I had my first scan 3 months after starting Ibrance. All was stable and tumor markers down so now it's every 4 months unless I have new symptoms or TMS rise.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited March 2016

dear who, yikes your bicycle accident sounds frightful. I hope you're getting better. Just what we don't need, accidents, but then they remin us we're enjoying life.

Stay well

Amy

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

Who do you call??

When you have a new symptom/ pain that may or may not be related to your cancer where do you start? PCP or MO? Monday I had my regular monthly MO appt. As I reported, all is stable. Tuesday morning I woke up with a pain in my esophagus/back/chest-hurts when I swallow. (Many mets in my spine) It's worst in the morning, gets better slowlythrough the day.

I take Prilosec already. I've been on an antibiotic for the sinus infection. I'm going to give it till Monday, but not sure who to call first.

• momallthetime
    edited March 2016

Kaption you are just coming off a cold right? Who gave you the anitbiotics? You right to give it till Monday, could be much stress from all that was happening lately, appointments, bad cold, sinus(oh it could be really difficult on the body)? Understand, I am by no means minimizing your discomfort, BUT I did learn that stress could do real damage in showing it's face. This aside, how about calling the PCP and having a convo with the doc? Is it possible any SE from the anitbiotics? You should be enjoying your news and not having to deal with these, that's for sure. Take care,

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

Thanks Mom, my husband insisted I call PCP this morning. Going in this afternoon. What I really think may have happened is I took my "pills to keep me from having constant bladder infections" wrong- not enough water. But, I'll take and show him my antibiotics and this UTI pill to see what he says.

Yes, I was going to wait- but I cannot really eat, I have something I really want to do tomorrow and MOST OF ALL my husband doesn't want another ER run! Ha!

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what I learn.

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 494
    edited March 2016

Lovesmaltese, I'm a little late to the happy dance party for your good scan, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to congratulate you!

Mommall, In Dani's situation, I would want a scan after 3 months of this combo to see if it is working. Something I have wondered about, if she is HER+ why isn't she on Herceptin or Perjeta? Mind you, I know nothing about these drugs except that they are used on HER+ folks. How has Dani been feeling lately? Thanks for all the support you give here.

NicciJ, Good luck on that scan today! Fingers crossed you hear some good news Friday.

Kaption, Could it be that nasty sinus infection draining down your throat? Glad you decided not to wait until Monday and hope your pcp is able to help figure this out, it sounds miserable. Hope you get relief so you can enjoy your plans for tomorrow.

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

jobur, I had the exact same thought

• moissy
    edited March 2016

Nicci - Sending you good wishes for your scan.

Who - Welcome to the thread and wishing you well with you treatment.

Kaption - You are not getting a break, are you? I think you made a wise call on the PCP. Glad you are able to get in quickly. You've got so many things cooking right now. I hope they get it figured out so you're more comfortable soon.

Mom - I had scans after 3rd and 6th cycle.

• Kaption
    edited March 2016

saw my PCP. Good news is- PROBABLY a scratched/irritated esophagus from one certain pill I take. Bad news- Humana doesn't want to pay for the prescription help it healuntil Doctor provides more info...so waiting for them to debate for a couple of days.

Other good news-lost 3 of the 6 pounds I gained this past month!