Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• itdoesntfeelreal
    itdoesntfeelreal Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2018

Go Ibrance! Keep up the good work! After 4 cycles of 125 mg.

CA 15-3 (BREAST)
    Standard Range <30 U/mL
    5/24/18 457
    8/21/18 210

CA 27.29
    Standard Range <=38.6 units/mL
    5/24/18 435.8
    8/21/18 266.6

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2018

Yay Itdoesntfeelreal! Doing the happy dance for you.

• MountainLady
    MountainLady Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2018

CT Scan tomorrow. My first scan since starting Ibrance almost 6 months ago! Fingers crossed.

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited August 2018

Great news ItDoesntFeelReal! That’s a serious drop!

Thinking of you Mountainlady! Good luck tomorrow.

Hugs to you leapfrog! Your son sounds amazing. Your husband sounds like someone you are better without. :-(

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2018

MountainLady and Itdoesntfeelreal, dittoing what Lauren said!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited August 2018

Praying for you MountainLady.

Way to go itdoesntfeelreal.

• Seaway
    Seaway Member Posts: 158
    edited August 2018

Itdoesntfeelreal; Very happy for your great scan results. Such a relief for you. Continued success!!

MountainLady; Hope your scan is going well today. I'm praying for fantastic results!

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone. Virtual hugs to you all with my best wishes and thanks.

Cathy

• neogirl
    neogirl Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2018

I have a sorta dumb question but here goes. I get Ibrance thru Pfizer shipped to me via UPS. This will be my 3rd shipment I have gotten. Well, this time I ordered it was due to be delivered to me yesterday. I got the UPS notification that it was delivered and within 15 minutes of delivery I go to get it and its not there. I have checked with all my neighbors and no one has it. So I call UPS to see where it is and they said it will take 8 days to investigate and find it, if they find it. So they told me to call the shipper and get a new order. WTH... Now, my question is when I call Pfizer and tell them what happened will they even give me a new shipment.?? Don't know if anyone has ever had this problem. Any suggestions....

• neogirl
    neogirl Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2018

I have a sorta dumb question but here goes. I get Ibrance thru Pfizer shipped to me via UPS. This will be my 3rd shipment I have gotten. Well, this time I ordered it was due to be delivered to me yesterday. I got the UPS notification that it was delivered and within 15 minutes of delivery I go to get it and its not there. I have checked with all my neighbors and no one has it. So I call UPS to see where it is and they said it will take 8 days to investigate and find it, if they find it. So they told me to call the shipper and get a new order. WTH... Now, my question is when I call Pfizer and tell them what happened will they even give me a new shipment.?? Don't know if anyone has ever had this problem. Any suggestions....

• cherylking2005
    cherylking2005 Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2018
    Neogirl - have Pfizer ship to your local pharmacy. I have mine shipped from my specialty pharmacy yo my local CVS and they in turn call me when it has arrived and then I can go at my leisure that day or the next to pick it up. I did not like bring held hi stage at ho e waiting for UPS yo deliver and always worried about porch pirates. If buoy continue to want yo gave them delivered to your doorstep you need to have Pfizer mark O the package that UPS driver knock on your door if slot require signature for delivery.
  • LaurenH
    edited September 2018

Oh my - that’s concerning. I would call Pfizer straight away.

if someone stole it I hope they take it and enjoy the side effects!!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited September 2018

I'll be leaving this thread. Yep the dreaded progression happened. New tumor in liver. I'm so disappointed and sad. Looks like I'll be on Aromasin and Afinitor. 💞

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited September 2018

Grannax, I'm sorry to hear that. Best to you on the new treatment! Will follow you there!

• janky
    janky Member Posts: 478
    edited September 2018

Grannax - wishing you all the best in the next part of your journey - hugs Janky

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,339
    edited September 2018

Grannax, I am so sorry to hear about your progression. It is ok to check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing. We will miss you. I will continue to pray for you.

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited September 2018

Grannax, hoping that A/A is just the right combo to knock your tumor into submission. Please drop by and let us know how you're doing.

Neogirl, what a lousy thing to happen. Not just the crazy of someone perhaps lifting the package, but the headache and delay of getting a replacement order. Cheryl has a great solution going forward.

Lauren, thanks for the info on voice loss. Weirdly, it started when I went down to 75mg (from 125mg) for a couple of months to get my counts up and give my body a break. I just started cycle 14, back at 125mg. MO wants to see if this helps. Sounds counter-intuitive, but I'll give it a try.

I went on a cruise recently and after the Captain made whatever announcement he had to make, he would sign off saying "Remember, life if beautiful." So reminding all here that indeed, life is beautiful.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited September 2018

Neogirl, it’s doubtful insurance will cover a second shipment in the same month because of the high $$$. I know my doctor’s office sometimes has some from patients who ended up not needing it, etc... that could be worth a shot.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited September 2018

Grannax, I’m so sorry to hear the liver Mets are active again. I hope A/A works great on that dang cancer.

I’m very behind and have just been overwhelmed with life lately. Thinking of everyone here and cheering us all along

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Oh, Grannax, I’m so sorry to hear about the liver mets!! Please check back in with us...we’ll miss your voice and presence. Wishing you the very best on A/A

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Cheryl, what a fabulous idea about the pharmacy. Thank you

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited September 2018

Grannax-

Wishing the best for you.  I will watch for your posts in the liver met thread and post here anytime with updates. 

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited September 2018

Thanks ladies. I will read and post here. I want to keep up with you, too. I got 20months on Ibrance and, in fact, it was still working on my lung mets. I have to change mostly because of microscopic mets we cannot see yet. And of course that stubborn liver!

You'll hopefully see me on the local treatment thread, too. There are three different types of treatment I might get to have to try and zap that tumor.

I wish the best for all of you. JoynerL I do still get to go on both of my vacations! Yay 💞

• LaurenH
    edited September 2018

GrannyX - so sad about your progression and wishing you much success on A/A. Will find you on other threads and when you pop in here, as I enjoy your posts. So glad that you will still be going on your vacation. Enjoy it

• Seaway
    Seaway Member Posts: 158
    edited September 2018

Grannax; I'm so sorry for your new liver met. I will miss you and your comments very much and will pray for NEAD for you.

Cathy

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Grannax, I'm SO glad that you can go on your vacation!!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited September 2018

Grannax I’m sorry about the liver Mets but happy that you’ll use another medication and most importantly you get to go on your vacations. As always I look forward to your posts and vacation family fun.

Joyner I’m a landlubber and truly enjoyed your journal and pictures it sounds like a lot of exhilarating work. So proud of you and happy you shared with us.

Congratulations for all the good news on here.

So much information I can barely keep up.

Have a great weekend.

Tanya

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited September 2018

Grannax, I will continue to follow you on liver mets thread. My MO said either A/A or faslodex/Ibrance when I progress. I will be checking in on you on the A/A thread, too. This is a sucky journey..but you have our support. Love ya from afar.

• WANDERING
    WANDERING Member Posts: 197
    edited September 2018

Neogirl: Typically Pfizer doesn't send out tracking information but you can get it from them if you call and ask. I would try that to find out who signed for the Ibrance and/or where it was delivered. I do not sign for mine but it is scanned into the UPS system when it's delivered. I would also get in touch with UPS again and if they tell you it will take 8 days to investigate I would ask to talk to someone who can find out NOW. The suggestion about getting a supply from the oncologist is a good one. I bet they have "samples" on hand. The pharmacy suggestion is a good one - we live 50 miles from town in rural Montana with no neighbors so that is not a good idea for us but might work for you. Please let us know how this comes out.

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited September 2018

My specialty pharmacy tells me that if I don't get the med when it is supposed to be delivered, just call and they will send another one. The drug itself is not that valuable. It just costs a ton. Economics.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited September 2018

One of my shipments was sent to wrong location by Pfizer. I called them and if needed, they would resend to the correct address and subtract from remaining refills. Pfizer was very helpful. I was able to retrieve it from a nice neighbor, so all was good and no lapse in tx.