Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited September 2018

LoveFromPhilly, I wouldn't recommend Listerine for the first few days. I expect your dentist will suggest a salt water solution at first or perhaps a mild peroxide solution. He'll tell you what to do. Keep the toothbrush away from that area and be gentle. Don't disturb the socket. He may prescribe something for soreness. The cold pack suggestion from NettaGER is good!

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited September 2018

Hi, friends, I'm back from my trip to crazytown. MO was gone but I got a basic rundown from the on-call Onc on Friday. Overall impression is stable, with a watchmark on a couple of bone mets. I'll review in depth when MO is back in town to see if she wants to image those mets. I'm so very grateful for the prayers!

Tanya, like you, I'm on cycle 14 and have had a rough go the last 2 cycles. But I know that one (or two) bad cycles doesn't mean the next one won't be ok.

Buzzy, glad to hear you're doing great and hope it continues.

Chemokaze, you are definitely on the top ten list of best screen names.

Mountain/Debbie, joining in the celebration of your great news!

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited September 2018

HOORAY, Jaylea!

• holmes13
    holmes13 Member Posts: 192
    edited September 2018

great news jaylea!!

• Seaway
    Seaway Member Posts: 158
    edited September 2018

Amica; Yes, be warned about radiation there, this is a discussion you need to have....bring out the lead sheets!!!

MountainLady; Congratulations on great results. I am just completing my 5th cycle of Ibrance. I asked my MO Thursday if I should also do BC TM's and he said no that they are not useful and even MO's in the US recognize this. (LOL) But I am to continue the ovarian CA125 as it works for me both because it works for ovarian cancer recurrences well but also for my lung mets.

Pat you are the best!!! Cheer me up all the time. And Joyner I do so love to hear and see pics of your wonderful trip.

God bless you all,

Cathy

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Cathy, we're home in VA right now, and have tickets back to Syracuse on Monday after my Faslodex shots. Praying that Hurricane Florence won't cause a diversion in plans!

Hugs...

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2018

congrats Debbie and Jaylea!!!! Clapping hands and doing a dance for you both!!

Thanks everyone for the dental recommendations!!! I’m very appreciative hu

• WANDERING
    WANDERING Member Posts: 197
    edited September 2018

I have had what my oncologist thinks is an infected saliva gland. This is the second time this has happened since I started Ibrance. Coincidence or SE? It is really painful (8 on 10 scale). He has prescribed an antibiotic. I can barely open my mouth to eat or take pills. Anyone got any suggestions on how to lessen the pain besides the pills? Anyone else had this? It could be a dental issue instead of the gland.

• LoveFromPhilly
    edited September 2018

Wandering can you do warm/hot moist compresses on or near the area (like maybe under your chin)? It can help get the fluids in the gland moving and possible expel some of the pus, and help with the pain (which is probably due to swelling).

Also - salt water rinses with warm water as much as possible.

• lucia42
    lucia42 Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2018

Wanted to share my good news - just found out after 18 months on Ibrance tumor markers have gone down from 1460 at diagnosis to 29. This is the first time my markers have been tested since diagnosis - welcome surprise to say the least!

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Great news, Lucia!! Hooray!!

• Seaway
    edited September 2018

Lucia;

Big congratulations on such fantastic news!!

Cathy

• MuddlingThrough
    edited September 2018

Great news, Lucia!

• WANDERING
    edited September 2018

Lucia: Wow. That is impressive. Look forward to getting tumor markers into the "normal" range, which has never happened since I started on this journey. Did you do the Ibrance dance? Not sure exactly what that is but I suppose it can be anything you want it to be.

• lucia42
    lucia42 Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2018

Wandering, I had too much prosecco to do any kind of dance Loopy

• WANDERING
    edited September 2018

Lucia: I literally had to look up "prosecco" on the internet. Now I know what you are talking about.

• Seaway
    edited September 2018

Joyner;

Thank goodness you had to make that trip home, this weather could have been very dangerous for you. Take care,

Cathy

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited September 2018

Good evening ladies

Jaylea thanks for sharing your 14 month story and struggles. I started cycle 15 yesterday and am hopeful for less SE and more cancer killing effects.

Pat G you’re so amusing with your funny stories.

Joyner get those shots and get back to adventures at sea please.

Lucia congrats girl!!!!

Tanya

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

We're at home on the water for the moment in VA, realizing that the boat in NY is FINE, but everything we own here is at risk! We're battening down the hatches, pulling boats out of the water, and tying down anything which might take flight. We're going to put off the trip back to the boat until this sucker is over. Hugs to all, and stay safe, if you're in Florence's path.....

xoxox

• peculiargirl
    peculiargirl Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2018

JoynerL, and everyone else in Florence's path - prayers for you!! Stay safe.

Wandering, I had the worst tooth pain in my life during chemo for my original stage IIIC bc - onc nurse told me she thought my saliva gland was infected, so I treated it as such. It finally got so bad I couldn't stand it - first time in my life I told a doc my pain was 10 out of 10 - went to the dentist and had to have a tooth pulled. It was the tooth, not the gland. Just saying - you might save yourself some pain if you go to the dentist. Hugs and prayers - hope you can get some pain relief soon!!

Kathy

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited September 2018

Florence sounds terrible. It's headed to the NE coast? Virginia, too. Oh dear. Saturday we are supposed to fly to Baltimore. Where is it supposed to be by then?

I think I told you that the reunion was better than perfect. We went down memory lane by telling stories, walking through our old camp ground, now closed, boating to all our favorite skiing spots, taking pics of all the places we hung out, watching DVD of home movies of us skiing, camping and flirting. Ha I could go on and on.

On Wednesday I go to IR to get results of MRI and options for local treatment for my liver. On the 28th I see my MO. I don't know if I'll start AA or have local TX first.

• JoynerL
    edited September 2018

Florence appears to be headed to a spot between northern South Carolina and southern NC, as of four hours ago. Saturday should be a beast in this area. The storm is supposed to come onshore around 2 AM on Fri and be moving through NC on Sat AM. I'd watch the flights. You may be canceled. Horrible. Good luck!!!

• WANDERING
    edited September 2018

Ladies: I lived on the Gulf Coast for 43 years and had numerous experiences with hurricanes. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you effected. Just remember - possessions can be replaced but you cannot. Do what you can to protect your property and possessions and then outa the way. Love to all.

• LoveFromPhilly
    edited September 2018

just checking in post-wisdom tooth extraction. Relaxing and biting on some gauze. Taking antibiotics and Advil. All good! Procedure was quick and easy :) they gave me an antibiotic mouth rinse to use too. I think I did a funny little dance and sang a weird tune in the chair while the tooth was being extracted 😂 whatever works!!

Had a yummy milkshake and gonna lay low for 24 hours. No Zumba for a couple days :-)

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and support!!

And congrats to everyone who is having clean scans!!! What wonderful news to receive!!

• MuddlingThrough
    edited September 2018

LovefromPhilly, I'm so glad that's behind you now. Rest and recuperate.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited September 2018

I will be praying Florence loses her steam at sea and leaves all of you alone. God bless you friends in this time of anxiety.

PatG

• LoveFromPhilly
    edited September 2018

thanks MuddlingThrough!! Hu

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited September 2018

Lucia, congrats on your great news and style points for celebrating with bubbly!

Grannax, praying you receive a clear path forward when you meet on Wednesday. Please stay with us and let us know how you're doing.

LovefromPhilly, glad you're resting nicely.

Joyner and all our East Coast friends, batten down and stay safe.

• Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 406
    edited September 2018

Lucia.....what fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!

Jaylea....I'm so glad your scan is mainly stable. I had to wade through 6 pages to say good luck and then I I found your result. I'll have to check in here more often. I'm missing too much.

PatgMc...thanks as always for believing in me as well as all the rest of us and your funny stories! You're a star.. you certainly know how to bring a party atmosphere everywhere you go.

Thanks to Joyner and everyone else. I'm going to be more conscientious and keep up with your news.

I've turned full circle now that I've been in this apartment for (I think....who's counting?) about a month. I'm loving being on my own, making my own decisions, sorting things out the way I want them and putting up boundaries. I've at last figured I married a narcissist and, as I'm an Empath it wasn't a great combination, although it worked well while I continued to do what Empaths do - keep the peace by letting him have his way over everything. I feel really empowered and interestingly, my friends are telling me how well I look. Obviously the new liberated me; stress free, hassle free. I know I have my work cut out to keep the boundaries in place.

I love you girls Heart

This is a link to an interesting talk given at the MBC National Conference in 2013. Note that it's way out of date. Ibrance hadn't yet been accepted by the FDA but I found it to be a great talk. It was given to me by a breast care counsellor I visited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RKCGEpk2po

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited September 2018
    Lucia..Great news
    Grannax....lots of prayers to you
    Lovefromphil...stay strong