Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2018

Oh, Muddling....I'm so sorry about your dad! There are few sadnesses worse than the loss of a beloved parent. And right here at Christmas. Sending love and thoughts to you and your family-

• randyrat1
    randyrat1 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2018

Sorry for your lost Muddling :(

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2018

Muddling, so sorry for your loss. It is difficult losing a parent.

Grannax, send finished kitchen pictures please...I had mine redone last year and I am still loving it. My second bath is being done right now and should be completed by next weekend. But right now the cartons containing the new vanity, the mirror, and fixtures are sitting in my living room as are the boxes full of bath stuff and hall closet stuff, so it is even worse...but "This too shall pass!" And yes, the dust is everywhere! So excited to follow your fashionista posts! My son lived in NYC for 10 years so I visited a few times. With your attitude, you will love it! And I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Joyner, so happy to hear your good news.

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited December 2018

Thank you for your sympathy and kindness. His death was expected, steady decline over recent months, in hospice care (not cancer) for about a week, but it's still a jolt. I'm adjusting. Got my Ibrance yesterday. UPS truck didn't roll in until almost 7pm! Those guys are running ragged this month. Anyway, was glad I got it before the snow. Time before last, it was three days late due to hurricane.

I've GOT to do something to get somewhat ready for Christmas but this weekend is storm prep. We've lost power for a week with similar storms so we're getting ready. Maybe I can watch it snow, drink hot chocolate, and put up a few decorations tomorrow. Making a huge pot of veg-beef soup today. Delicious and easy to heat on the wood stove if we lose electricity.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited December 2018

Grannax and Joyner yippee to the moon and back.

Grannax I like surprise so I’ll wait for the pictures. Lol butt implants PatMG you’re hilarious. Spray tan though. I’ll laugh all day when I think of that.

Grannax Saturday doctor call. You really are a celebrity!

Tanya

• Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 406
    edited December 2018

Joyner I'm glad to read you're on top of things. And Grannax I've sent you a PM but my question has been answered here. I'll be praying for you.

Tanya sent me a PM checking on me but I'm going as well as I should be. I'll be having svans in January but not expecting any problems.

Sending hugs, lots of them.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2018

Thanks ladies, I had a great day. Thanks to all of you rooting me on, so thankful for each of you.

Muddling Loss of a parent, even when expected is stressful. Give yourself time to mourn. It takes awhile, I know. 💞

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited December 2018

Muddling Through, I will hold you close to my heart. I'm so sorry.

Love from PatGMc

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited December 2018

Muddling, I am sorry that you have lost your dad. Sounds like you have a good plan to drink cocoa, enjoy the snowfall and decorate simply. I think your dad would be proud that you still embrace life.

• nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2018

MuddlingThrough....Extending my deepest sympathy to you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Hope

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited December 2018

Hi all.  So much going on with you all !!!

Snooky- congrats on starting cycle 3.   Grannax- looking forward to pics of NYC activities.   PatgMc- great art work!   MuddlingThrough- my sympathy to you and your family.  

If I may, I am bumping my post from Dec 7 to see if any of you have thoughts on the post.  

Not much going on in my neck of the woods.  Next MO visit is Jan 5--MO took off the month of Dec.  And I should have next CT in Jan also.  My Dec bloodwork came back ok.  I am probably overly cautious this time of year being in crowds. I have bowed out of one Christmas Party so far and another is scheduled for next weekend.  I would like to go to that one, but wonder if I should.  Someone is always coughing and sneezing.  The other day a co-worker came to work sick.  I didn't have contact with her except by phone during our day, but she sounded horrible and when I asked how she felt she said 'horrible'.  I wish when people are sick they would stay at home.  I have stayed free of colds and flu so far this winter.  I know that with Ibrance there is not supposed to be an increased chance of illness but with MBC any illness could be bad.  So I figure if I can avoid some situations I should.  Also, with some invites the excuse is ok !!!!

Take care all. 

• sandibeach57
    edited December 2018

Hi candy. I carry small containers of hand sanitizer and hand lotion in my purse. If I am seated near someone who is coughing and sneezing, I move. I always use the grocery store cart wipes. If my gkids are sick..I stay away. When my ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is low, I am more cautious about being in public. You will eventually know thru blood draws, when you are at your lowest.

Meanwhile, enjoy your life..be cautious, but don't be afraid. I just started cycle 26 with Ibrance 100/Letrozole and have rarely been sick.

• sandibeach57
    edited December 2018

Joyner..Glad you are getting on track. Hope you eventually find the culprit to your unexpected calcium and kidney issues. Just seems odd no answers can be found. But I should realize by now..our disease is just so darn unpredictable. I keep thinking you were just on that sailboat and felt fine. Timing is everything, right?

It is snowing and I am housebound. I think I have posted in quite a few threads today..ha.

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2018
    So sorry about your dad Muddling....it's never easy.
  • tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited December 2018

PatgMC I finally figured out the site where your art work is displayed. It is thought provoking and I loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Candy enter the party like pink panther and scope out all the sick people. My friend brought lysol to work one day and said she didn't mind getting sick but it was always horrible for her baby. I guess you have to know the people to lysol their party though.

I agree with Sandibeach be cautious and avoid crowds, try not to be afraid.

Tanya

• candy-678
    edited December 2018

Thanks SandiBeach and Tanya for the advise.  I do carry hand sanitizer in purse, wash hands as soon as I get home, wash hands before eating and use bleach wipes on carts at store.  I guess it is just another thing we with cancer have to watch more closely than we used to or more than others have to.    I always have been cautious of germs, being a nurse, but now more in the forefront since I want to protect myself and be "healthy" to fight the cancer.  

The "bump" I mentioned was for my Dec 7 post though---about new meds coming out and how we know what can work for us individually. Do we need another Foundation One test at progression to see if the new types of meds can help.  

Love ya all and have a good week.

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited December 2018

I am so truly Blessed!. I have always decorated outside my house for the neighbors, esp. the little kids.  I was determined that cancer would not stop me this year.  Well, it took four days to get a very small amount done because of pain and fatigue. Today,  I took outside looking at the top of the porch wondering how was I ever going to get the light up there this year?  And then my youngest son showed up out of the blue, he and his sweet wife took over the higher light hanging and did the garland around my windows and front door.  God saw my need and sent me an angel to help. (my son)   I'm sitting here , with cancer , with the greatest contentment and joy.  GOD does have this Pat,  God does have this.  Hugs, prayers and Love to All. 

• PatgMc
    edited December 2018

Yes, God sure does have this and I'm so thankful.

Love to all of you from PatGMc

• randyrat1
    randyrat1 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2018

PatgMc: thanks for sharing the Artwork! My daughters & I would welcome those Fiddling Squirrels with open arms (I picked which college I wanted to attend based on the Number of Squirrles on campus!)

Just Lovely!

Wishing all a Magical Monday

Cheers, Randy

• PatgMc
    edited December 2018

Thanks for your nice comments on the art, friends. It keeps me sane (or comfortably insane)!

Randy, squirrels show up often in my art because they drive us bonkers! We have to get repairs where they chew through the wood to come inside and tear up our attic spaces. Sometimes they get in the wall and race around in the night 'til my husband (in his underwear) grabs a broom and bangs the wall to make them leave. It's a squirrelly circus! Once the repairman accidentally sealed one in and he (the squirrel) died....horrible smell for weeks!

Here's a piece from those days:

"I Told You There Was Squirrels In That Attic but You Ain't Never Listened To Me" Mixed Media on Canvas

Love from PatGMc

• holmes13
    holmes13 Member Posts: 192
    edited December 2018

Joyner you will be doing the ibrance dance again before you know it! just keep thinking positive. my NP said that she feels that i’m doing so well because of my positivity.

grannax- i can’t wait to see your pictures! my daughter wants to go to new york for new years. before cancer i would have said no way but we have our room reserved and we’re going. wish this country girl good luck 😃

muddling- i’m so sorry about your father. i know how hard it is.

patgmc- love your art work!!!

• Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 406
    edited December 2018

I also have managed to put up the Christmas decorations even though it took me a week to decorate the tree. Sadly, my marriage has failed since my husband finds it impossible to make any effort towards helping my son look after me or, indeed, give up any of his social life including the young woman he fraternises with. Four months ago my grown up son and I moved out of our home because it's a large house and my son was working at four jobs; carer for me, looking after the house, his own job running a business from home and his other work running my husband's day hospital. It was becoming far too much for one person, especially as he's been doing this for about six years since I became ill and unable to look after the house. My husband was far too dependent on him and expected him to look after him as well so we packed up and, fortunately each had an apartment to move to. My son is in his studio apartment five minutes' distance from mine. I have to admit I struggle to look after myself during the day while he's working, especially during the fatigue spell, but he comes and cooks for us both or we have food brought in each evening and he helps me out if I've been unable to hang up the laundry. Anyway, the good part is that this will be our first Christmas that my husband won't spoil for us by his annual bad mood at this time. I lashed out and bought a 6 foot Christmas tree for my tiny apartment and I've decorated it completely in gold and silver baubles and I'm thrilled with it. My son spent ages on the balcony one afternoon tying some icicle lights to the balustrade and it's a delight to watch them come on as it gets dark each evening. They are solar lights and, as I live in Australia, there's plenty of sunshine at this time of the year to charge the batteries every day.

Pat...I love your artwork. I see it on Facebook as well and I love the zany originality of it. You are truly talented.

• PatgMc
    edited December 2018

Thank you, Leapfrog. I loved reading about your magical decorating and am always encouraged by your spunk! Your son's devotion to you speaks well of how you raised him. I had a terrible father but a mother, like you, who showed my sisters and me that love and determination can overcome all obstacles. I remember the freedom we felt when our "obstacle" was gone for good. Christmas was such fun! May yours be just wonderful!

Love from PatGMc

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2018

Pat, I love the caption every bit as much as the artwork....(and we had a squirrel fall down from the attic between the studs once and listened to him for hours as he laboriously climbed back up to the top, cheering his every bit off progress, and back out...thank GOD...of the attic). We were imagining the ensuing stench....

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2018

I found out yesterday that I do definitely have progression in my liver. The scare I had in September was not a scare, it was real and we missed it. This time my MO will for sure take me off of Ibrance. Her plan is for AA. UGH. I'm not looking forward to that TX as I have only heard of two here who have benefited from it. But, maybe I will be the third.

I'm still trying to accept this new news. 💞

• sandibeach57
    edited December 2018

Grannax2, well.just.crap. But you set the bar high for all of us and I expect good things with your next treatment!

I am still puzzled that MRI failed you in not detecting the suspicious lesions on PET back in Sept 2018. That is so odd as MRI is supposively the gold standard to monitor liver mets.

Do you have the ER mutation or is it just assumed it is present due to progression?

My heart is with you. Please tell me you can still go to the modeling show. You really deserve the new gown and jewelry. Oh, one last thing, Happy Birthday December baby.

• candy-678
    edited December 2018

Grannax-

I am so sorry to hear your news.  AA treatment?? What is that?  Prayers for you. PLEASE  keep posting even though you will be off Ibrance.   

• nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2018

Leapfrog...Wishing you the merriest Christmas ever!

Grannax...So sorry to hear of the progression. Hang in there....sending hugs!

Hope

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2018

Grannax-So sorry to hear your news but hoping that AA kicks ass for you.

• elenas401
    elenas401 Member Posts: 170
    edited December 2018

Grannax2- Sorry to hear about the progression, but am hoping that your new treatment gives you good results. Everyone here is pulling for you. 💕