Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited June 2019

ok Ill try to find that...also I drink about 48 oz of water a day... I weigh 99 lbs I don't think I can drink more than that as it is I pee like every 20 min...

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited June 2019

Nicole, if you're 99 pounds and getting the same dose as people much larger, maybe your doctor needs to lower your dose ASAP. That would just make sense.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited June 2019

My wife has had a lot of rashes and skin irritation on ibrance. They come and go, move around, reappear. Always something, but better at times than others.

• PatgMc
    edited June 2019

It's Friday. Just in case you need a little boost as you remind your body that a cure is coming, here's an article that's not quite hot off the presses but still hope-filled:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324916.p...

A second article on this research with a bit more info:

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2019-0...

You will all be in my prayers today as will the researchers who work endlessly to give us a better future. God has us and them in His mighty hands.

Love from PatGMc

• skyfly
    skyfly Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2019

Thanks for sharing PatgMc! My last job shared a building with a UCSD stem cell lab. They were downstairs and Iwondered since seeing this article if they were related. In any case, I strongly agree and tried to send them good energy every time I walked by.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited June 2019

NicoleRod, Letrozole IS the generic. Femara is the brand name, made by Novartis. There are many different manufacturers of Letrozole - Accord, Breckenridge, Taro, Teva, Westward, Apotex, etc. You can switch between brands, if your pharmacy can get a different one.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited June 2019

Pat...my dose was just lowered last week to 100mg bc my WBC was low. I have only done 1 month on Ibrance just started the 2nd month like 4 days ago.

• Gumdoctor
    Gumdoctor Member Posts: 618
    edited June 2019

PatgMc - I found these articles very fascinating and it does provide more hope for something for us just on the horizon... Thank you for sharing. All I have to share today are Pink Oleanders for everyone this beautiful Satuday morning.

Gumdoctor

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited June 2019

Hi all - it's been a while since I checked in but I just got caught up on all of your posts. GumDoctor - your ex-MO story just fascinates me... thanks to you and Pat for the updates there. Pat - I was so sad to read what you experienced at 15, but glad to read your update after that.... that your mom dumped him and that you picked your husband of 50 years as a result of that awful experience.

Philly - I forgot to tell you how much I LOVED your photo from Italy. You look so happy! I loved Milan too!

Jaycee- just FYI, i did get my monthly illness (voice loss, respiratory infection) this past month. It was a bit lighter than usual but we did the culture. Came up empty. So we decided to just let me fight it off without an antibiotic. It lingered but did eventually go away for the most part. So who knows?? I think I'm just gonna see what the next cycle brings.

Good luck to those of you seeking disability. I am praying that you guys able to get it without much hassle.

Nicole - regarding your hives. I am somewhere around cycle 18 and I have had several rashes and hives especially during a few of the early cycles. Ibrance is so strange that way... things pop up and then never return, or transform into something similar a few cycles later, others are more consistent. Rashes are common, however and I've had several different kinds - including at least one that resembled hives. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've had a rash at all in at least 6 months. Such a strange drug and our dance with it - but thankfully sooooo effective for so many off us!

I miss you all when I get busy. Work has been annoyingly crazy and every weekend we are in a different town with 12 year old baseball tournaments. I managed to get a really great photo of my son smacking a 270ft home run today! I'm so grateful that I am well enough to experience these moments.

Love to all,

Lauren

• WANDERING
    WANDERING Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2019

Lauren: Great picture of your son. Beautiful.

• LaurenH
    edited June 2019

Thanks Wandering. I really enjoyed Gumdoctor’s beautifully oleanders, too. Off to read all of the recently posted articles of HOPE!

• PatgMc
    edited June 2019

Growing flowers and children! That's what people with MBC are doing in the midst of this treatment dance and I love it.

The oleanders are beautiful and the baseball boy is precious.

We are blessed.

Love from PatGMc

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2019

Lauren what a great picture!

Also love the flower pictures.

As for me, I started my lynparza/olaparib. So far, so good. Fingers crossed. Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend.

• PatgMc
    edited June 2019

Yay, Holly! Let's all dance the Lynparza Lindy! What do the Lynparza pills look like? I want to picture them inside your bloodstream rounding up those cancer cells and dancing them right down the toilet!

Love to you from PatGMc

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

Pat - I agree, it is really great each of us finds ways to cope with our MBC. The alternative, of not finding ways to cope, is very bleak. That's where I started, and stayed for several months...not a good place to stay...for many reasons.

All - I have CT and bone scans tomorrow. ONC (Dr Angel) is hoping to rule out progression as tumor markers moved into the high range for the first time ever. As many of us can relate, the scans do not bother me much...different story when it comes to results. Scanxiety is alive and well in my head yesterday, today, tomorrow...will only have to wait 2 days for results.

Gardening will provide no solace today as the weather is not favorable. Instead I will clean the house then drive 3 hours to husband's house and chill with him before tomorrow's appts.

Love to you all,

Gumdoctor

• LaurenH
    edited June 2019

Good luck Gum-doctor! I will be praying for you as you await results. How high are those markers? Mine moved into high range but scans proved nothing sinister. Then they were magically normal again 3 months later. Since then I asked my MO to stop doing them. Too much stress as mine don’t appear to be overly reliable. I was also in low normal range when diagnosed with stage 4.

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

Thank you Lauren :)

The are in the lower end of high so far. My Dr Angel is responding to my concern as she is not concerned yet. I hope for the same outcome you experienced with no obvious cause and then go back to the "new normal" for as long as possible. I am on Ibrance cycle 19 now. As many have mentioned, the longer we are on it, the more we can start to focus on how much longer before it fails...

Not sinking to a low spot...just taking alot of deep breaths...right now sitting on my front porch while it rains...listening to the birds singing IN THE RAIN...contemplating the complex beauty of these roses in front of me...

Gumdoctor

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,572
    edited June 2019

Gumdoctor, your roses and this little vignette in your garden are beautiful.

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

Divine - Thank you for commenting. I had a picture in my head of what I wanted this to look like...it has far exceeded what I imagined...totally beginner's luck...this is the second flower bed I ever tackled. The first one was a big fail...we can learn from our failures...

Gumdoctor

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited June 2019

Gumdoctor, beautiful roses. I miss my flower garden. I traded it all in for a condo and the beach! I am trying a few flowers on the balcony but container gardening is different for me, and I lack energy to do much. I need to work on taking a picture...

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

IntoLight - I surely understand. I have done containers for years. They seem safer and easier. Less commitment hahaha. I did these about 6 weeks ago. It takes days and days as what used to take an hour now takes 4 - 8 hours...or more...

I push myself pretty hard to do this gardening thing as it seems one of my best distractions from all the hard stuff in my life...

Gumdoctor

• intolight
    edited June 2019

Wow...those are beautiful. I sit and look beyond my balcony everyday. You inspire me to get to work!

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

IntoLight - Each of us has to find our own way to cope...I spend ALOT of time on this porch...soaking in the beautiful view...enjoying the beauty from gardening efforts...and contemplating how best to deal and live with MBC...

Gumdoctor

• intolight
    edited June 2019

Gumdoctor, I agree. I crochet (a lot!) But it is not very active and I need to get up more. I have sent pics before but here is a sample...

imageimageimage

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

IntoLight - Those are so ADORABLE AND CREATIVE!!! Whatever helps us deal with our "new normal" is what I vote for Happy

(Notice the Emoji's teeth...)

Gumdoctor

• LaurenH
    edited June 2019

Gumdoctor - so would gladly sit on that beautiful porch everyday - what a lovely view! What part of the world are you in?

Into light - I love seeing your amazing creations. So so cute!

PS - our team is about to start the championship game!!

Love to all,

Lauren

• Gumdoctor
    edited June 2019

Lauren - In the Midwest. We have 2 houses 3 hrs apart. This is my favorite one because of the view and this is where my kitties live. I travel between both houses every week so I do not have to give up any kitties...yet...

Gumdoctor

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2019

Gumdoctor, I agree with Lauren and would love to sit on that porch and soak in those views! Beautiful!

I'm new to this thread but have been on and off Ibrance since February this year. I lived in Boise, Idaho for awhile and my oncologist there took me off after a month because of low WBC count. In April, I moved back to Phoenix, AZ to be near family and my new oncologist is much more daring. He said we to fight through that low WBC count...that he will be much more daring with it because I need it and so long as I'm not exhibiting any other symptoms we gotta keep it going! So I've been back on for my 3rd month now. I just had a PET/CT about 2 weeks ago or so and my liver lesion is already gone! That was good to hear. Nothing else has changed much but I'll be excited to see how being on it consistently over time improves things.

As far as side effects, I have dryer skin than normal. I'm not sure if that is the Letrozole or the Ibrance? I also had a couple of toenails that turned white and one pretty much almost flaked all the way off. I did read that chemo type drugs can do this. I have also gained weight in the past few months...a stubborn 15 pounds but could be due to the chemical menopause.

Do any of you get Zometa for bone strengthening and does it make you pretty tired for days after? It seems that not every infusion does this to me but some knock me on my butt for days after. I wonder if it's also the anxiety I get prior to doctor visits sometimes. This last one in particular I was very anxious to see what the PET scan revealed so perhaps I worked myself up more than I was aware and crashed after I got the news!

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!

• intolight
    edited June 2019

Fightingirl, I get Zometa and yes it makes me tired and achy for a few days. If you can take Claritin the day before, the day of, and the day after it helps. I also have drier skin and extra pounds, but the weight has leveled off for over a year now so that should help. Drink lots and lots of water!

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2019

IntoLight, thank you for the tip about Claritin! Good to know the weight leveled off...I hope mine does too. One of the first things the oncologist told me is not to gain or lose weight but then they went and put me in menopause so of course the weight jumped on me!