Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited September 2019

Lucky4Life, I love it that you slid in with that bucket load of hope for all of us here!!

Congratulations and thank you!

Love from PatGMcProudofYou

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited September 2019

i have never gotten a flu shot......

• Anewbreath
    Anewbreath Member Posts: 122
    edited September 2019

Celebrating all the good news here tonight

Good reminder to ask my MO about flu shot at my next months appointment.

Unbelievable Lucky4life...74 cycles!! I’m starting my 15 cycle and I wanna be like you😊

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,327
    edited September 2019

Lucky4Life, so happy to read your great news. Wow! Something to aspire to!

Just returned from my GP and everything (considering) is good. She told me some people just do well on Prilosec and she checked my liver etc., and it looks good so I should just stay on it. Having severe GERD problems could do worse damage. Got my flu shot like I do every year and I'm doing well. Celebrating with you all and praying for each of us here as we all are battling different things in different ways. Take care.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited September 2019

Lucky4Life- WOW! 74 months! That is the most exciting thing I’ve seen in a long time. Thank you and congratulations

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited September 2019

Mike - great news for you and your wife!

Jaylea - so happy you're beating the disease into submission.

Joyner - congrats with the new boat. I remember you talking about sailing. I had to look up what a fly bridge was. :)

Hello to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Jensgotthis - thinking of you and your scan tomorrow. It will be good news.

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited September 2019
    I had never had a flu shot til 2 yrs ago. My Onc definitely recommended I get one. Have been busy and will try to get it soon. Lucky4life....fantastic. Would love to know about your bc history.
  • sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited September 2019

Hi Lucky4Life,

You had posted earlier that you were a part of the early clinical trial of Ibrance, but had to drop out due to family reasons.

Do you keep in contact or have access to others that continue to do well on the Ibrance combo that started on the trail with you?

This is the news we look forward to keep our spirits lifted.

• nicolerod
    edited September 2019

Jensgotthis...GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!! Praying for all good outcomes!!!! ((((hugs))))

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2019

jensgotthis huge huge hugs and in your pocket today!!!!!!!!!

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited September 2019

There are so many that I would like to reply to here but without the quote option or at least a like option it's difficult to do so. So I'll just say hugs to all!

Lucky4Life 74 cycles! That's amazing!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,856
    edited September 2019

Lucky4Life, it is wonderful to know that someone has made it out so far on I-F, very inspiring!! I noted that the lead MO for a recent Ribociblib-Femara trial mentioned that someone had been on the combo for seven years, and occasionally we hear from people who got five or more years on AIs in the Pre-Ibrance days.

Do you have any ideas why you have done so well- low grade cancer? oligometastatic? bone-only? special supplements? thanks so much for joining!!

• Lucky4Life
    Lucky4Life Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2019

PatgMC - you are so thoughtful :)

Anewbreath - that is great news!

IntoLight and Iwrite - thank you!

SandiBeach57 - I was the only one in the study where I get treatment. The study is double blind so I don't have any information about other participants. I am still being followed by the study.

Jack5IE - thank you.

Cure-ious - I don't know why I've responded so well. I have bone only. I was permitted to have one dose of radiation before I started, but that was in one bone area only (have disease in 3). My family is gluten, soy, and 95% dairy free and only eat organic. I decided I would do my best to have a positive outlook through this journey. I allow myself my times of tears, but not for long. That is what has worked best for me

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    edited September 2019

I guess it was inevitable but my wife's specialty pharmacy indicated that her next cycle of Ibrance was delivered, but I checked within 20 minutes and it wasn't on the front porch. In 27+ years, we've never had a package stolen. Although I checked with neighbors, maybe it was delivered elsewhere in the neighborhood. We'll have to start signing for it (which we should have done before). If it doesn't show up by Monday, they're going to resend it for delivery Tuesday (which will be 3 days late starting but not too bad I suppose).

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Sorry to hear that Mike. Three days is ok according to my Onc. We struggle with package thieves constantly but I do live in a coastal city with lots of homeless. Erecting a security fence helps but we shouldn't have to live this way. I worked hard for 50 years to earn my way--not to have to fight for what I pay for or fence myself in for protection. I choose to drive to the hospital to pick up my Ibrance, but then it is only a 20 minute drive. I know this is difficult for many. And I am praying for those in Texas and Louisiana and Florida and the Caribbean who are flooded and struggle to even get their meds much less have clean water to drink with it. We all have struggles. I will get down from my box now. Thanks for listening!

• blmike
    edited September 2019

Looks like the package was delivered to the wrong house because someone from the neighborhood just dropped it off. Whew!

• movingsoccermom
    movingsoccermom Member Posts: 164
    edited September 2019

Good day everyone. Congratulations to all on positive results. My August scan showed 25%-40% decrease in lymph nodes and nodules including the recurrence. Huge relief!! Now if I could just breathe again, and not be so darned fatigued.

Have a great weekend!!

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited September 2019

BLMike, take a drive and if you see a really fatigued homeless person, perhaps nauseous with indigestion, you might recoup your wife's Ibrance!! The robber won't be hard to catch!

Love from PatGMcSilly

(Edited to get the right name!!)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited September 2019

Movingsoccermom- Woohoo on the scan results. Always good to hear good results.

BLMike- Glad you found the missing Ibrance.

How ya doin Jensgotthis????

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited September 2019

Thanks for the scan support and pocket duty! All went fine with the scan and now I wait. Sigh

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited September 2019

Jen, how long does it usually take to get results? I can call in about a week. Sometimes I do, sometimes not. I want/don't want to hear. Do they post on your portal? Mine won't. I was looking at my recent report and saw that it was read two days after the scan. Why all the waiting?

• nicolerod
    edited September 2019

Movingsoccermom so happy for you!!!!

Jensgotthis..keep us posted ...still praying for positive results for you!

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited September 2019

Mike I got flu jab last year around Oct, but I did make sure on advice from my team that my bloods were good

• movingsoccermom
    movingsoccermom Member Posts: 164
    edited September 2019

Thank you ladies!! My fingers are crossed for everyone to have a great result!

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited September 2019

Jaycee, results post to the portal. I could schedule an appointment to discuss them (I used to do that, but I stopped once I was stable). 24 hours is the usual turnaround but since I didn’t finish until about 3:30 on Friday, I’m more likely to see them onMonday.

Early on, I’d drop in and request them the next day if they didn’t hit the portal

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited September 2019

The portal is good until you get bad news. That happened to me at 9pm on New Year's Eve. I looked at the portal after getting an email telling me I had results posted thinking it would be good news since the bone scan picked up nothing. That's when I found out I had metastatic cancer. Now I don't look when I get notification that my portal has new results. If something is wrong I would rather be in the doctor's office so if I have questions they can be answered right away.

• Moomala
    Moomala Member Posts: 397
    edited September 2019

Exactly what happened to me JACK5IE. I was not expecting all the imaging to be so bad but the radiologist was clear that this was highly suspicious for widespread metastatic cancer to the bone and that I also had three suspicious growths in my lung. My bone biopsy result was also released to portal before my orthopedist saw it. I do not look at the portal anymore other than for blood work. My MO's office is also careful to schedule appointment within ten days of my scans. The imagining center releases results to the doctor in four days and to MyChart in ten days. Most of the people in my support group prefer to read their results at home but I like to have the doctor there i front of me to give explanations and to help me with worries

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited September 2019

I would have a terrible time not reading my results if I got a notification that they’re on my portal. For me I think I’d be better reading them in advance and having some time to process the news. My MO seems to hold all results from the portal until I’ve seen her, but I did get a short version of my recent scan results by calling her office and a nurse callled me back. I think they get how the waiting and wondering is for us.

• intolight
    edited September 2019

Wow--my scan results do not get loaded into the portal at all. My onc knows how difficult it is to wait so she emails (or calls) with a summary of the results as soon as she has it, and I usually see her a few days later at my appt. She either says looks good or looks stable or a couple of areas show slight activity, something mild until I see her. She does give me a copy of the report when I see her. I don't think I would do well with the results given without her input.

• blmike
    edited September 2019

My wife and I found out she had MBC from the portal. It was definitely a tough way to find out. We kept trying to read the results in some way other than cancer, but it was pretty obviously MBC.