Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2020

Philly, Please do send some pics! I hope your cold fades away quickly and that your island time does your mind and body good. β˜€οΈπŸŒˆπŸŒžβ˜€οΈπŸŒˆπŸŒž

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2020

thank you sweet Rosie!!!

I seriously cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• maureenb
    maureenb Member Posts: 47
    edited March 2020

What about COVID-19 in relation to us all having suppressed immune systems on Ibrance? Are you staying home or doing anything else to reduce your risk? I asked my onc about it but he said neutrophils aren't as important in fighting viruses. My neutrophils are almost zero. What are your thoughts on coronavirus while on Ibrance?

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited March 2020

BLMike - I sure hope the new scan is a false alarm and your wife continues to do well.

Philly - have a wonderful vacation!

Cowgal: My white blood cells dipped too low after cycle 1 so I got a second week off from Ibrance, were ok (low but not below 1.0) Cycle 2 so just had the week off and at cycle 3 they were too low again so I got the second week off. I am on the full dose of 125 mg.. Just started cycle 4 and OMG I FORGOT TO TAKE MY IBRANCE TODAY! I alwasy set an alarm, but must have forgot to reset it on my iphone.

Lee: I haven't noticed my hair thinning and I just started cycle 4. I have a lot of hair so it does shed a lot but seems to be a normal amount.

Rosie24: RE COVID19. I am a bit concerned but not overly worried. The week off of Ibrance my white blood cells seems to be low so I think I will be really careful that week. I live on an island west of Seattle but it's a direct ferry to downtown so the most households have 1 adult commuting to Seattle. My son's community college just announced last Friday no more in person classes so he will be off of the seattle city bus (I am relieved). I am trying to stay home more. I sell real estate and have an office but can work from home. I had 2 clients cancel their plans to fly in to look at homes last weekend, to be honest I was a bit relieved. My small community has our first positive COVID19 case locally. Most large corporations have asked employees to work from home so I think the ferries are not as crowded.

I have my first petscan tomorrow since starting Ibrance on Thanksgiving. I am nervous. I am anxiously hoping the scan shows that the tumors are smaller and Ibrance and Fulvestrant are working their chemical magic. I am really worried that I will fall apart if the news isn't good on Thursday when I meet with my oncologist. Scananxiety is real.

I cant believe I forgot to take my IBRANCE today - I am always so punctual and take it at the same time every day. The scananxiety, time change yesterday along with Covid19 I think threw my schedule off.

Hope everyone is doing well!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,324
    edited March 2020

Maureen, I am treating Covid as any other virus using the same precautions; I am just more aware of others around me. I already wash my hands often, don't touch my face unnecessarily, don't shake ANY hands, avoid small, congested places, and keep the house sanitized as much as possible. But I want to live my life without fear and trembling. I am (hopefully) flying to Phoenix at the end of the month to meet some new family (courtesy of ancestry.com!) and praying people don't panic and we can still fly. If not, I will drive but really don't want to. My onc is not overly concerned and I have traveled and loved on my young grandkids all I can. They will only be babies for a short while and I may not be around long enough to see their children. Fortunately for me I don't have young children in school where viruses seem to incubate, and also fortunately I don't have a cruise booked in the future. Those would be bigger fears for me. Chris

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited March 2020

I'm baaaaack!!Loopy

Hello, Dancers! Looks like my time to do-si-do with you came sooner than expected! Oh, how I missed you and the daily magic capsules/soon-to-be-pills we have in common!

The Guardent360 test gave a list of recommended treatments based on my new blood work and Ibrance/Fulvestrant was at the top. Dr. Smith thinks that makes perfect sense as I had some progression in a few places with the AI. I told him about some of you making the switch and doing well and he said that's proving true in studies he's seen. I went in expecting to make an IV chemo plan and came out with this good news! So I'm 3 years and counting with Ibrance!

What a whirlwind month this has been with the brain tumor scare turning out to be a tiny bony lesion in my skull, hopefully gone after 3 sessions with the CyberKnife. We named it the French Foreign Lesion and ran him out of there! (That procedure, by the way, was a piece of cake. No need to fear it and you can do it over and over if anything grows back. If you're anxious over it they'll let you be semi-conscious.)

I love how God will send you a gift in the midst of times like this and I've just gotta' share mine with you. The head of Make-a-Wish Memphis bought one of my pieces at the gallery a few years ago which turned out to be a favorite in her collection. They decided to commission a painting for their upcoming 15th Anniversary and, friends, your fellow dancer was chosen! (Blushing.) I almost declined since things were so uncertain for me that week but I prayed about it, slept on it and said, "Yes"! I'm having so much fun painting and collaging and it kept my mind occupied during those worrisome days.......God at work!

The Make-a-Wish piece is a long way from completion so I'll share one of my most biographical pieces with you tonight. It's called "You Can't Live a Bright Happy Life Stuck in Sensible Shoes".

Love from PatGMcHappy

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited March 2020
  • jensgotthis
    edited March 2020

Bone scan still says no evidence of metastatic disease, hooray!!!!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited March 2020

Wonderful news, Jen and Pat!!!!

Pat, that piece has an almost Magritte-like feel to it, in my view, maybe the body parts and a Paris feeling somehow- what is she holding and what's in the bucket?! anyway I love it!!!!

also Pat I can't follow your timeline- what have you been on since mets? Was it I/L then Xeloda now back to I/F?

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,324
    edited March 2020

Yay Pat, welcome back! And I love your picture (and your philosophy!) Thanks for the words of encouragement about the cyberknife.

Jens, hooray for the good news!

• PatgMc
    edited March 2020

Hi, Cure-ious, you must have heard me talking about you to my husband just now! I was saying how thankful we all are to have your experience and wisdom here.

(Sorry about the timeline. My feeble mind can't make it change. It was Ibrance/Arimidex.)

I had long thought a PARP inhibitor would be the drug for me with my BRCA mutation and was excited when it was approved for MBC. Since I had mild progression on the PET, my onc and I decided to start Lynparza. The side effects for me were very life-limiting and the scan at 3 months showed more growth, including the place on my skull which was paralyzed by Ibrance, it seems! I told my onc I wasn't going to take it any longer even if it was a proven cure for me. Holly has a totally different experience, thank goodness.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, you thought sticking with Ibrance as long as possible made sense and adding Faslodex as long as I was still positive for hormones was a good plan. (Forgive me if I misquoted you!) My onc agrees. The nurse was not happy with my lack of butt fat today but she said we'll put me on a bed and make those shots work next week! If anyone wants to re-post the list of tips, I'd love it.

I'm glad you like the piece. My girl is holding a mirror in which she sees herself as a clown and the bucket is spilling out what our family has always called "Happy Dust". We give it (invisibly) to each other when we could use some extra luck. (We crazee.) Here comes some your way! Okay, Happy Dust for all the dancers tonight! Oh, Cure-ious, an art critic compared my work to Magritte and to Dali. He also basically said I was crazy which bothered me not a whit!

Love from PatGMcNuts

• PatgMc
    edited March 2020

Jen, you go, girl!! Congratulations!

I've got to catch up on everyone but I'm thankful for all the good news.....scans and trips!

Love from PatGMc

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421
    edited March 2020

Jens , great news, keep dancing :) Thanks for the link to the well considered article about cancer and covid19

Re faslodex injections. The injection needs some time 'to warm up', [ it's a sticky substance]. I lie on my side on a hospital bed. The injection goes in the top outer quarter of each buttock. The slower you can get the injection the better, my nurse timed it at over 5 mins per injection. I then roll onto my other side for the next one. I usually go for a walk and 'a treat' immediately afterwards. A shopping trip, a coffee and doughnut work for me. The only after effects I feel are discomfort if I touch the injection site for the next couple of days. Good luck Pat

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2020

aprilgirl1 -- Good luck on your scan! We're thinking of ya!

Pat -- Welcome back! We're lucky to have you here. Here's hoping Ibrance/Fulvestrant works for you.

jensgotthis -- WooHoo on your bone scan results.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited March 2020

Pat! Jen! Good news..love it.

Pat..I interpreted your artwork to mean that I needed to leave my comfort zone and try something unique?

To start..new, fashionable shoes and a modern outfit. If I got that wrong, I needed a reason anyway..

S

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2020

Pat and Jen...wonderful news!

Pat...your artwork is mesmerizing! Thanks for sharing it with us.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2020

Pat and Jen- Yay !!! Woohoo !!!!! Alright !!!!! Pat- I am thinking I will suggest Ibrance/Faslodex when I progress on Ibrance/Letrozole. My doc mentioned a PARP would be my next med.

Maureen- All I can say is my MO brings up the subject of my low counts each time I see her. My ANC is 900-1000 at the end of my week off, WBC is 1.7-2.0. Before the COVID-19 thing, she still seemed freaked out by the counts and influenza season. She has stressed to me that I need to protect myself and if I get sick to call her immediately. I have not seen her since the COVID-19 thing has gotten worse. My next appointment with her is March 30.

• mls1
    mls1 Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2020

Hello everybody, I have been lurking on breast cancer.org since I was first diagnosed in 2013. Last December they discovered Mets in my liver so I am now stage IV and recently (3 weeks ago) started a clinical trial testing a new drug that replaces fulvestrant shot with pills you take daily.
    I would like to thank all of you for sharing your experiences it really helps those of us who don't have much to say.

Also does anyone else get a cold flash after taking Ibrance? Or maybe this is a side effect of the new drug.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,666
    edited March 2020

At 125 dosing I was having trouble with cold flashes and/or deep bone cold as I called it. I dropped to 100 and no problems since.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited March 2020

starting Cycle 2 tonight. ANC good enough to start cycle 2!

TMs are down. Hope that trend continues for many more cycles.

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited March 2020

Welcome back, Pat. Did I mention that you never should have left in the first place? I did think that but probably never mentioned it.

Yeah, Jen. That is a very big deal.

And people think I am not optimistic. I just renewed my driver's license for EIGHT years. Did I already mention that? My eye doctor said yesterday that I might have to renew it again.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited March 2020

Wonderful news Jen!!! Woo hoo!

Welcome back Pat...I've heard good things about this combo and hope it's wildly successful for you!

• mls1
    mls1 Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2020

SondraF, deep bone cold is a much better description, I’ll have to remember that. I sit wrapped in multiple blankets breathing in the steam of my tea until it goes away lol

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,666
    edited March 2020

Mls1 - and Im someone who loves to be cold and yet I was requesting socks for my feet in bed and I considered buying an electric blanket at one point because my small heating pad couldnt cover enough of me!

They did do a thyroid check just to make sure, and the nurse was reviewing my file the other week and asked about cold flashes like she had never heard of them before. I looked it up - they ARE a thing, so it may just be one of the more random, outlier side effects of Ibrance.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2020

Pat, welcome back to the β€œdance” and congratulations on the Make A Wish commission. Your art is an inspiration to be happy. I wish you could package your wonderful upbeat attitude. You’d make millions and we’d all be happier.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2020

Mls1- I have occasional chill episodes. I am not a chilly person-- the hot flashes from the meds are my issue. But periodically - maybe every couple of months - I get an episode of chills. Lasts 3-4 hours then gone. No other symptoms that I am coming down with an illness. Weird.

• jensgotthis
    edited March 2020

Welcome home Pat. I'm sorry Lynparza did not turn out to be the drug for you but also so glad that you will be rid of the nasty side effects and can have another long run on the faslodex and ibrance combo. And I'm jealous you don't have enough butt fat to make your nurses happy. I can mail as much over as you may need.

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 357
    edited March 2020

apologies if this has already been posted in this group. I’m not on palbo and do t have time to skim back, given the number of posts:

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/9/3/668?fbclid=IwAR0nuH3btXidbwDgadsFzfazi1yMFxFca_iEYMchJb-H-p3OfGjLAe497Qg

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited March 2020

Great new Jen

Welcome back Pat. Dali indeed!

Tanya

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited March 2020

WooHoo Jen and Pat! So glad to see Pat back and Jen still dancing.