Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited June 2020

Mike- So sorry to hear of your wife's progression. Thank you for being there for her and for posting here. We are glad we helped you in the last year. YES, you better continue to post updates here. We want to hear how things are going. Your wife is lucky to have you in her life.

Shetland- Wink, Wink. Hugs. Girl, you got my back. CBC this afternoon. And we will see how future ANC numbers are. Maybe this will blow over and I won't have any future issues (with the ANC). I do wonder about progression and future treatment plans. May just have to travel 2 hours to go to another cancer center in the future. I hope not.

IntoLight- Good luck to you too. You come visit with us and let us know how it is going.

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    edited June 2020

Thanks all. You all are the best! (I'm a little nervous about going over to the other thread because you all have set the bar so high in welcoming and helping everyone throughout this thread. Haha!)

Cure-ious -- We'll make sure to investigate with her MO this PD-1/PDL1 situation and the potential for immunotherapy. Thanks.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited June 2020

Very sorry to hear about your wife's progression Mike. You are in my prayers.

We are getting scan results today. I am numb with fear as my wife's tumor markers have been rising.

• candy-678
    edited June 2020

Husband11- In your pocket today.

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    edited June 2020

Good luck today Husband. I pray you get good news today.

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    edited June 2020

Good luck husband11. I know exactly all about the scanxiety you're going through!

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited June 2020

BLMIke, I am sorry to hear that your wife has had a progression but have heard good things about Piqray. Please check in with us!

Husband11, the scanxiety is awful, please let us know the results. I admire both of you for joining us on the BC.org discussions and caring for your wives!

IntoLight - we are with you as well!

Candy, I am really proud of you! Let us know how the ANC numbers look.

• husband11
    edited June 2020

Praise God! The scan results were stable. Also, her tumor markers, which had both risen the last two blood tests, fell ever so slightly. No more climbing. What a relief. We were both frantic. Thank you all for the kind words of support. Call me paranoid, but I worry the iron supplements she took, raised her tumor markers. Its coincidental, and maybe not cause and effect, but it worries me. Time to go for a walk with my wife and hold hands.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,323
    edited June 2020

Mike, praising God with you!

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited June 2020

BLMike - sorry to hear about your wife's progression, and hope the new treatment plan knocks out the cancer. She is lucky to have a loving, involved, supporting husband. Thank you for being there for her.

• candy-678
    edited June 2020

WELL CRAP !!!! MY ANC IS STILL 800 (0.8). I WAS OFF IBRANCE FOR THE USUAL WEEK, THEN TOOK 3 DOSES, THEN OFF 4 MORE DAYS. Maybe the doc is right. I need the Neupogen. I am thinking of calling and telling them I will take it. No call from MO. I saw results on the patient portal. HELP !!!!!!!!

• candy-678
    edited June 2020

Husband11- Praise God !!!!!

• husband11
    edited June 2020

My wife frequently has an ANC of 0.8 and continues her ibrance without further delay. For some reason they make an exception for her. It is never over 1.0

She is on the lowest dose, 75mg, and has been on that for approx. 3 years now. As an aside, she doesn't seem to get colds or flu any more frequently than the average person.

• candy-678
    edited June 2020

I am calling MO office now. MO gone for day--surprise, surprise. She left message with nurse for me to either get injections or hold Ibrance 1 more week. My choice. I am at a loss. Too confused at this point. Told nurse that. And nurse will ask MO in morning. Awaiting call tomorrow on what MO suggests. At this point I will do what she suggests. I cannot make the decision. I am done with it.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited June 2020

Candy, having the injections is not going to hurt you. If there's no money out of your pocket just do it and see what happens. I pray it makes a difference for you. Don't forget to take the antihistamine before and after so you avoid the discomfort.

Husband, I'm so happy for you and your wife!

Intolight, I'm sending a big warm hug from Memphis! I think you'll one day revisit Ibrance and we'll be holding your place in line right next to Husband's wife!

Love from PatGMc

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited June 2020

All,

When in your Ibrance cycle are you most fatigued?

Tina

• intolight
    edited June 2020

Thanks all. I plan on discussing returning to Ibrance in the future tomorrow at my appt.

Tina, I am usually the most tired at the end of my week 3 just prior to my week off. I improve through the next week.

Candy, good for you. You won't second-guess it this way. See if it helps.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited June 2020

Tina,

It can be different times for me, but generally I know that from day 10 on, I can get hit. Most cycles it's around day 12 or so for several days, and then I feel a bit better, even before I'm off for my week. But sometimes I still feel fatigued as I go into the off week, and then gradually feel better during that week.

mike, so happy for you and your wife.

Candy, hope your onc is definitive about her answer and that makes you feel better.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited June 2020

Mike...I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's progression. I will keep her in my prayers.

Mike and IntoLight...please check in and let us know how everything is going.

Penny...I'm not sure and that is why I have stayed away from it. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable can answer that. Here's another article on it. https://www.rogelcancercenter.org/living-with-cancer/mind-body-side-effects/nutrition/help-or-harm

• JACK5IE
    edited June 2020
  • JACK5IE
    edited June 2020

Husband11...that's wonderful news!

Candy...I agree. Try not to get even more stressed about it. Easier said than done though.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited June 2020

Mike- wishing you and your wife well and she copes well on new treatment.

Husband great news!

Candy you seem to be having a ‘mare...hang in there.

Comms seem to be an issue for us all just now ( but not here - I don’t check in for a week and there are 10 new pages in this thread 🙈).

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited June 2020

My ANC has been below 700 since I've started Ibrance (125 mg). My MO has me wait a few days to begin the next cycle without rechecking. I'm fatigued, but not nearly as much as when I had chemo and needed Neupogen. I would prefer to delay starting rather than get the injections again, but I always lean towards less drugs.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2020

Agreed w/Serenity; I'd assume it means you have not yet metabolized all the drug and/or doseage is a bit high for you, certainly not a risk for recurrence

• simone60
    edited June 2020

They just posted my PET scan results on the portal. Still NEAD! I'm so excited. My ANC inched just above the acceptable so I should start cycle 18 tomorrow. I added a daily cup of papaya tea last month. I'm also going to try getting a message scheduled my week off next cycle per Rosie's suggestion.. Heck, that won't hurt anything. Lol

Candy, so sorry your having such a hard time. Maybe they can move you to a 2 on,2 off schedule. The one week off doesn't seem to be working anymore for you. Not enough time for your body to bounce back. Haven't you been on I\L for almost 3 years? That is such a long time. Don't beat yourself up over this, you've been doing so well.

• Penny-78
    Penny-78 Member Posts: 271
    edited June 2020

Husband, Simone, SO thrilled for you both! Yay!!!! So glad to hop on and see such wonderful news!

I meet with my MO tomorrow to discuss the signifigance of my own suddenly rising markers.

Speaking of husbands, my DH is being strong and supportive -- but I can tell he's a total wreck. Does this ever get any easier?

Hugs, Penny

P.S. Pat, so glad to hear you're feeling a little better. :-)

• intolight
    edited June 2020

Simone, so happy for you. Hooray!

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited June 2020

Simone80 — congrats on NEAD Scan results!!!

Husband11— congrats on your wife’s stable scan results!! Hope you enjoyed your walk with your wife this afternoon

• simone60
    edited June 2020

Husband, I must have missed your post. I know you were worried. Woohoo, So glad to hear your wife is still stable!

• simone60
    edited June 2020

Candy, just thought of something. Did you recently start taking any new drugs e.g. Statins? Maybe another drug is using the same liver enzyme to process which is causing ibrance to stay in your system too long.