Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Swim suits for women who go flat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mommy2Six
    Mommy2Six Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2015
    Options

KSusan, SUPER CUTE! Love it!

Thanks everyone. <3

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited July 2015
    Options

FYI,, Just got a catalog from Land's End today,, and they are having an End of Summer sale with prices up to 60% off.  I have to laugh at end of summer,, since this is 4th of July weekend,,, LOL!!  Anyway,, take a look if you need a bathing suit or swim shirt, etc,,, the UV protection swim shirt are nicely marked down.

• Ravin
    Ravin Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    Options

I am looking for a swimsuit top for flat chest. I do not want one for prosthesis. They are uncomfortable. I have no problem looking flat and most people don't even notice. I would prefer a bandeau type. Does anyone know a place to buy something like this

• windingshores
    windingshores Member Posts: 160
    edited December 2019
    Options

Speaking of Land's End, they make a tank specifically for those with mastectomies who go flat. It is entirely smooth on the inside.

It took me a couple of years to find a bathing suit that was not scratchy on my scars and when I found one, I bought two. Have been swimming again now for 3 years.

A bandeau is an interesting idea. I know some people wear swim shirts. I just wear a regular one piece, looser than a tank, that has space for breasts but is otherwise comfy. I don't wear any prostheses.

• mconover
    mconover Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Options

I just ordered a Land's End Tugless tank that is "lined" and apparently without any cups or underwires or pockets for prosthetics. I'll let you know how it turns out. I searched the Speedo site, and the racing tanks are also without bras, but it seems that I'm too big for them. Any other ideas are most welcome.

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited April 2020
    Options

Has anyone found a tank top similar to these. Often wishing the ones I have just a little thicker or a top good for getting wet without cups. I will check out the Lands End Tugless Tank mentioned. Even though flat, wanting a bra like to wear under thin shirts. Ordered some big girl training that I hope work.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,055
    edited June 2020
    Options

Instead of making me fit my suit, I made my suit fit me. :)

• varmintville
    varmintville Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am looking for guidance to modify my existing swimsuit tops. Every sewing guide seems to be for adding cups or pockets, and I want to go in the reverse of that. I have tankinis with soft cups that wrinkle up noticeably when I wear the swim top, yet I love the tops, so I want to carefully remove or re-sew the cups. I'm giving up on protheses-they just aren't for me, so putting poofs in just for swimming just doesn't seem right, but the tops look odd without something to fill them out. I don't want to cut willy nilly and damage the tops so that they won't stay in place in the water, nor do I want to make uncomfortable seams in the cups. I also looked online at Land's End tugless tanks - couldn't find any available that were just lined, no cups. I don't want to buy new anyway-I want to try to re-use what I have, and I haven't found a site or video or story to help yet. Summer will be over before I get anywhere!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited July 2020
    Options

Dear varmintville,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are so glad that you reached out to our members with your questions. While this particular thread is older it has seen some recent activity so we hope that you will hear from others with some ideas. You can also use the search tool and search the word swimsuit and it will take you to other posts containing swimsuit and potentially other members with whom you can correspond via private message. Let us know how else we can help you.

The Mods

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2020
    Options

hey sweetie i get bathing suits from Amazon J C penney has them also. I use prothesis that i put inside the pocket in bathing suit. I also brought regular bathing suits that i liked and sewed in a pocket myself with piece cloth to hold my prothesis. Hope this helped been doing this forover 20yrs. Praise God i am a 26 yr Survivor this yr. msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after surgery got married we were planning at diagnosis then 7wks rads and 5 yrs tamoxifen.

• olivia jean
    olivia jean Member Posts: 1
    edited February 20
    Options

I am flat with no reconstruction and did not want to do any prosthetics for swimming, I found this style suit with the little ruffle lies flat under the flap and adds some texture that hides the unevenness from my scars. Plus i think it's feminine & Cute :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CNSX7454/ref%3Dppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@olivia jean, welcome, and thank you for sharing! It sounds like you've come up with a great solution that addresses your needs while still adding a touch of femininity and flair. Beautiful! If there's anything we can do for you or if you have any questions, feel free to reach out. We're always here!

Sincerely,

The Mods