Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ILC & No Chemo?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited April 2016
    Options

Sorry you have found yourself here fgt4lfe. You will find amazing support in this community. Hope you get the information you need at your appointment.

614 glad your side effects on Arimidex are minimal. My Oncologist wants me to take a break from it starting today. A drug holiday he called it. I'm frightened about stopping it but he assures me a couple of weeks won't make a difference.

Sending positive thoughts to all.

614 Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2016
    Options

Dear fgt4lfe:  Thank you very much.  I wish you the best too.  I will say prayers for you.  Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

614 Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2016
    Options

Dear Smurfette:

I have heard that doctors put many people on a "vacation" from Arimidex/Anastrazole.  The doctors want to see whether the side effects diminish.  If the side effects go away then the doctor will switch the medicine to a different AI or to Tamoxifen.  Since a different medicine will ultimately be prescribed, doctors are not worried about the short "vacation" from Arimidex.  Two people whom I personally know took a "vacation" from Arimidex.  One of them was changed to Tamoxifen and the other went to a different AI.  They feel better now.  Hopefully, you will not have side effects with the new medication.  I hope that you feel better.  I am wishing you well and sending you prayers and positivity.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks for the well wishes and positive feedback 614. Hugs.

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    edited April 2016
    Options

God bless and come to this board anytime. There is a wealth of information here and many other boards.

Robin

• robinblessed54
    robinblessed54 Member Posts: 485
    edited April 2016
    Options

Sorry I used the wrong name on the last post. fgt4lfe, I wish you all the best at your appointment. I wish all our sisters the very best and prayers. Like I said, there are so many wonderful boards here with a wealth of information.

Let us hear from you and what you find out.

Robin

• MFalabella
    MFalabella Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2016
    Options

HI all, I have ILC, and have had surgery, and will be starting chemo soon, followed by rads. I am having chemo, 1 because of my age and 2 because I had a 1cm tumor in my SN. I still have a long road ahead of me but am grateful to be moving instead of waiting, waiting, waiting.

xoxoMichelle

• Susiefla
    Susiefla Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Options

I did not have chemo. I'm on Tamoxfin now, started taking it Jan 1st 201

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2016
    Options

I had one ILC tumor and one IDC tumor, oncodx of 34, no nodes. I chose mx and AI drugs no chemo. Doing well at 5 years.

• Sunnyone22
    Sunnyone22 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi All,

Thought I would try to kick-start this thread with a post. I'm now one year + post-surgery and doing well. Mammo and US were both good. Still on Femara and all SE's but the wrist pain have subsided or disappeared. Totally manageable.

Like everyone with an intermediate OncoDX score (20), I'm still waiting for results of TailorX . It's a moot point since my chemo/no chemo decision is a year behind me now but still interested. Wonder if there will be any data specific to ILC in the study results.

One thing I remember my MO telling me related to the study: He believes that the study will not demonstrate a significant addition of chemo for many intermediate OncoDX patients. He said the study has been going on long enough that if early data was pointing to a large change in standard protocols, ethics would dictate to abort the study early and report results. The fact that it's proceeding as planned is an indicator that data is not surprising.