Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

27 year old with IDC and scared :(

Options
2»

Comments

• jinx27
    jinx27 Member Posts: 119
    Options

How time has flown! I am now almost 5 years out of surgery and chemo. Im still very grateful for you all. Sending love and I hope everyone is doing well.

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

Such a happy update, thank you for sharing! :)

• Elenale
    Elenale Member Posts: 2
    Options

glad to hear this encouragement, I was diagnosed 4 days ago. Idc 1cm carcinoma. Waiting on all other test. I am scared and depressed. 63 years old. Glad I found this site

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,986
    Options

Welcome, Elenale. We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we hope you continue to fund support and encouragement here.

The Mods

• Elenale
    Elenale Member Posts: 2
    Options

so happy for you

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    Options

Hi Elenale,

I'm so glad you reached out. Like you, I had IDC... and not that different in size. Six months later, I am recovering extremely well and have connected with so many amazing and strong women here. I'll soon have treatment behind me and am looking forward to celebrating that. You will not walk this alone. We are here with you.

At diagnosis, I was scared and in shock, too. I decided to watch some uplifting, funny shows to help my brain past the shock. It created a sense of normalcy that I really needed at that moment. Tim Conway's Dentist sketch from Carol Burnett was one that made me laugh and reduced the stress and anxiety. Once you get your legs under you and adjust to the shock you've had, you will have an action plan created with your oncologists and it won't seem so scary.

While waiting for a treatment plan to be developed for me, I started doing what I knew would help my body in the right direction. I started drinking enough water and took sugar out of my diet until I could find a good integrative doctor to help me learn how to help my body become hostile to cancer.

You will find many resources right here on breastcancer.org, as well as recommendations from others. For now, I pray you will sleep well and take good care of yourself so you can adjust to the news. You will get through this!

Blessings,

Esther

• pt1234
    pt1234 Member Posts: 9
    Options

we’re you on Anastrazole and zoladex monthly injection for past 5 years ?.