Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unfortunately things are going downhill

Options

Comments

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,502
    edited January 2018
    Options

kandy sending heartfelt prayers your way. Please Merciful Lordease her pain.

Tanya

• finallyoverit
    finallyoverit Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am speechless.. dear Kandy, how we will miss your kind and loving soul. Fly high, friend.

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am so very sad to hear this news. Kandy was definitely a fighter and she was so brave. In the middle of her struggles she would still remind us to enjoy the moment. I would always smile when I read that.

Many prayers and much love to the family.

Rest in Paradise sweet Kandy.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited January 2018
    Options

heartbroken

• blainejennifer
    blainejennifer Member Posts: 441
    edited January 2018
    Options

I can't even begin to process this news. I'm going to miss her so much.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited January 2018
    Options

As Z said Ooooof!! I can’t even type right now! Tears are streaming. Sending love to her family and all of us here.

• amarantha
    amarantha Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2018
    Options

How terribly sad. I have just re-read this whole thread, and am sad and scared realising how fast it all went and how helpless the drugs were. They really tried everything - well everything except abemaciclib. May her family be comforted, may her friends here be comforted. May a cure be found.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited January 2018
    Options

thank you Rhonda

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited January 2018
    Options

I saw Michelle’s post earlier today and just couldn’t find the words. I still can’t, except to say I am heart broken for Kandy’s family. She was truly an angel on these boards — always so noticeably caring and concerned about others, even when she was struggling herself. Such a sad loss..

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    edited January 2018
    Options

So incredibly sad. Such a wonderful wife mother friend. So compassionate and giving. If I remember correctly Kandy was a radiology technician. I think I remember that correctly. Working in the healthcare field I bet she was an angel to many lives she touched. I know she touched many on these boards. A life that really made a difference is lost. But she made a difference on all that she touched. We are all grateful for that.Really really sad day. Prayers go out to her family and all.

Mary Anne

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited January 2018
    Options

stunned, sad, can't imagine the tremendous sense of loss her family must feel.....rest easy now, sweet MBC sister

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2018
    Options

I have been away for while but somehow I had a feeling today that bad news was here. Tears are running here. Kandy was so helpful and generous of heart. I am shattered.

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2018
    Options

I’m just shocked...I was just telling my dh about Kandy earlier tonight.

Tarheel—thank you for keeping us updated and for delivering the devastating news. You were such a blessing to her at a time when she needed you the most. What a precious gift you gave her.

I just can’t believe this. I HATE that the stupid docs didn’t get her pain under control! I loved her selflessness. She truly cared about each of us and prayed for us daily. My prayers are now with her family, friends, and us. Her presence here will forever be missed. Love sweet Kandy

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,843
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am not keeping up with things on bco as well as I once did. I am so shocked and saddened to learn of Kandy's passing. My deepest condolences to her family

• Kkrenz
    Kkrenz Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2018
    Options

Words cannot express how sad I am to read this news.  She will be deeply missed.  She was a kind soul.  I am happy that her pain is now gone.  To quote Kandy....."I am lifting her up in prayer".

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Rest In Peace, dear sweet Kandy. You were always such a beacon of love and light. I loved your compassion for all of us and your strong faith that you leaned on fiercely in your times of struggle. You will be so incredibly missed by your friends here. Condolences to all of her family who she loved so much. ❤️
  • AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2018
    Options

This loss hurts. She was one of us. We could all relate to her. She had a knack for joining people together and calming their fears even towards the end. I am so sad and so very sorry for her family.

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oh, precious Kandy. She was praying for all of us right up to the end. In return, let's all pray today for her precious daughter with Down Syndrome, who must be devastated, frightened, and so confused.

Michelle, thank you for being there. Bless you. Kandy loved you so much.

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited January 2018
    Options

My heart breaks thinking of Kandys daughter. She worried so much about how all of this would affect her. I also have a disabled child, my son is 33 and is intellectually disabled and has Aspergers ( sp?) and we shared the same worries. The fact that this apparently happened so fast has us all shocked, I can only imagine her daughter.

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    edited January 2018
    Options

So sorry to hear that Kandy has passed. I’m a newbie to stage iv and mets but her posts were so encouraging. Prayers for her family. Hugs to all her wonderful friends here who she supported and who loved her. Maire

• Falconer
    Falconer Member Posts: 801
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Prayers for Kandy's family and loved ones.
    Holding you all in the light.
  • iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited January 2018
    Options

Stunned by this news of Kandy's passing. She was a wonderful inspiration to so many of us here. Praying for her family during this sad time. Rest In Peace Kandy

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    Options

I went back and reread this thread - as I got closer to the last pages I couldn't stop the tears. Kandy's posts are such an inspiration and while there's no way to 'enjoy the moment' now as Kandy often urged us to do, we can lift Kandy's family and each other up on prayer. Peace be with you.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    edited January 2018
    Options

ARRGH!!!! NO!!!!! Not Kandy/!, ah, this is such a punch to the gut!!!!''

She basically got 3 years on hormonal therapy, and nothing much after that?!! bunch of failed chemo?!

How did she know, a year ago, that her time was basically up?

I hate this cancer, and I hate that we really don't have enough meds to fight it nor good enough ways to determine when to change treatments, and what will work or what won't, in 2018 we really ought to be able to do better. Sigh.

Peace and Love, Kandy.

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2018
    Options

Cure-ious, I share your disappointment that treatment failed to produce ANY PFS, QOL or any similar, positive acronym for her. It's — indecent is the only word I can think of right now. Patients like Kandy are the reason for hurrying cancer research; for those who have seen little overall benefit in their lifetime with treatment.

Her husband Hal just sent me a screen shot of her obituary. It was a text document and I could see the cursor. My heart ached to think that he probably had just finished writing it, or reading it. at the very least. I will share it herewhen it's posted online. There is a visitation Monday evening at her church's fellowship hall and a graveside service Tuesday afternoon.

I thanked him for sharing the info, and told him Kandy's online friends were grieving. I don't think the family can ever know how much she meant to us, but I hope it's a comfort to them to know how far and wide her net of compassion was cast

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited January 2018
    Options

Prayers for Kandy and her precious family. Unimaginable pain for her and for them. Thank God she has relief and release. So, so sad.....

Thank you, Michelle-

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited January 2018
    Options

No, not our Kandy. She was so lovely and worried about her disabled DD, and for that matter everyone else ahead of herself. Just so sad to read this morning. Tarheel thanks for all your support and posts. K was a special diamond now sparkling in the sky.

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2018
    Options

Here is a link to Kandie’s obituary. There is a visitation on Monday night and a graveside service Tuesday afternoon.

There is an online guestbook as well.

http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial/obituary-preview.aspx?n=Kandie-Hatfield&lc=7294&pid=187906517&mid=7732027

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thank you Rhonda.

Kandy you will be so missed here and at home. Peace for your family.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2018
    Options

I haven't been following this thread lately. I'm absolutely stunned and gasped at the news of Kandy's passing. The tears are just flowing. A gut punch for sure. This one has hit me especially hard. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends here. TarheelMichelle, you are a blessing being there for her and Hal. Thank you for the updates.