Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiologist told me I have breast cancer without a biopsy.

Options

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    Options

Beautifully- yes, it does seem to be moving fast. Too much to process. I'm so sorry that you've joined our numbers, but what great sisters you will find here.

Breathe, MRI will go well and it's provides more data for your team. You will lay down on tummy and wrap your arms around the pillow. Try and go to your Happy Zen place...calm meditative thoughts...they should give you ear plugs...noise is strange...how can that make pictures...it goes faster then you think if you can relax and nap 😴 in your head.

Many do chemo first to shrink c and then lumpectomy may be option...soon you will have a plan. Take it one day at a time don't race ahead of yourself...pace yourself this is a marathon...breathe. Join threads that fit each treatment step so you have others by your side.

You can do this we are in your pocket (((squeeze)))

Cindy

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,256
    Options

Beautifully, so sorry that things are moving so fast and in such a distressing direction for you. Usually, staging cannot be fully determined before surgical pathology because it is determined by tumor size and node status (“lymph node metastasis” is not the same as “distant metastasis,” i.e., spread beyond the nodes—which hasn’t happened yet as far as your doctors know, so you are probably Stage II or at worst Stage III as they told you). Yes, they will probably give you neoadjuvant chemo rather than starting with surgery, for two reasons: first, to try and shrink the tumors and prevent further spread, as well as facilitate eventual surgical removal; and second, to determine “pathological response” to the chemo—to see how your various tumors respond to which chemotherapy and targeted treatments and therefore tailor your treatment.

Hang in there. As we say here on bco, we’re “in your pocket” to help you through each step of the way.

• SkiChick86
    SkiChick86 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi beautifully,

I'm so sorry that you're here. Please know that so many of us are here and pulling for you. Also know that this first part when you're trying to get answers and waiting for more information is by far the worst.

Good luck over the next week - we'll be thinking of you

• Purpleisland
    Purpleisland Member Posts: 9
    Options

Beautiflly what autoimmune disease?

• NotVeryBrave
    NotVeryBrave Member Posts: 169
    Options

As scary as it is to go through any and all of this - we've all been there. I've had (and continue to have) those rollercoaster emotions - scared, angry, sad, anxious - but it does get better. The more info you have gives your team a better plan.

HER-2 + used to be a very concerning diagnosis. Now they have amazing targeted therapies that are used with chemo to hopefully shrink any tumors and attack any distant cells. I haven't had diagnostic testing done since starting treatment in December, but the lump I felt can't be felt now!

The MRI wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They do it in short segments (5-10 minutes) at a time and roll you out or talk to you between. I was also in the machine feet first and your head is down so you aren't as aware of being in a tube. It's also bigger than you imagine.

Hang in there!

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

Bechets Diease

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

how fast everything has gone.... so fast my head is spinning and my emotions don't have time to catch up. So I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, stage 2a, grade 3, her2 positive. I'm having my medi port installed on Friday 2/10. This week. And my oncologist has decided to start my chemo that day. I'm frightened, I'm so frightened

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    Options

Beautiful, of course your frightened. It's scary. And you're so young! But you have a great support system on this forum. You will be ok. You will survive chemo and whichever surgery you choose. Hugs and prayer out to you!

• NotVeryBrave
    NotVeryBrave Member Posts: 169
    Options

Beautifully - I'm feel so bad for you. I well remember that completely overwhelming and out of control feeling. Things are moving very quickly. That can be good for attacking cancer but bad for your emotions.

My first chemo was the week before Christmas. They had originally scheduled it for four days earlier. I just felt like it was too much: trying to get ready for the holidays, the port surgery on 12/12, wig shopping, evaluating second opinions, researching.

You know yourself best. If moving quickly will help you to adapt then go for it. But if it makes you feel worse - then let them know. My first chemo day was six hours in the chair with four drugs. I can't imagine that the same day as port surgery.

• Numb
    Numb Member Posts: 307
    Options

I had chemo the same day as I had my port in. It sounds like your cancer has been caught early, so that's good. Getting treatment as soon as possible is also a plus, so just go with the flow, you will be fine.

• trvler
    trvler Member Posts: 931
    Options

I am sorry you got to join our club. I strongly encourage you to go over the chemo board and join a group for Feb. I couldn't have survived chemo without my group. They helped me through everything and I knew almost to the day when I would lose my hair, eyebrows, etc. You learn what to do about various side effects, and just give each other a prop up when you need it.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    Options

So sorry. You will find amazing support here.

Sending love and light.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

I started chemo the day after my port was installed. Take a deep breath. You can do this Beautiful.

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    Options

I had my first chemo BEFORE I had my port put in, they used a vein in my arm.  I had the port put in the same week after the chemo.

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

imagemy port was put in today. Chemo starts tomorrow. I will join the other board when I'm not so fuzzy and will write a most substainal update. I feel yucky, emotional and in pain. It's already been a rough road, and it's just the beginning.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

(((((((BeautifullyBroken)))))))))) You are soooo PRETTY!!! Remember to drink TONS of water! It will help you feel better! I am remembering how scared I was before chemo, that's actually how I found breast cancer.org. I had typed in 'I am scared of chemo', and found all these wonderful supportive women, I am not sure if I would have shown up for it if I hadn't. I know you are scared, and that's alright: all you have to do is show up. I am still sorry you have to, though. I will be 'in your pocket', and wishing you very well, and hope your chemo kicks that cancer's butt,

• Tresjoli2
    Tresjoli2 Member Posts: 579
    Options

Beautifully,

First of all, you are doing amazing. Look at how far you've come, and what you have endured. You are brave and strong, and you can do this. This part, this whirlwind, is the hardest part. You have to do this, your daughters need you to do this...

Wondering what your planned treatment regimen is? If you update your stats, all of the wonderful ladies here can help you on your journey.

Your hospital should assign you a social worker. Please reach out to them. They will have lots of amazing advice and resources for you on what to say to your children in an age appropriate way. My kids were 8 and 2 when I was diagnosed and my social worker was fantastic.

And also don't forget about the American Cancer Society. They too are a wealth of resources, and can help with rides to treatment, wigs, etc.

Take a deep breath, take one day at a time.

We will all be right there with you in your pocket, cheering you on!

Pamela

• Tomboy
    Options

Thinking of you, BB

• cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    Options

my mammogram was the same time as the biopsy and injection of a radioactive titanium bead to mark the lump positon. only two weeks from pointing out the lump to my gp to surgery, found out after the surgery it is stage 4. and they put in a power port for chemo. lots of running from one appointment to another, with nobody telling me anything. enough scans, pet, cat, ct, and whatever else they could buy a new car for doing. but my cancer is responding to tamifloxin so far.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,256
    Options

That port will also make blood draws and any IV infusions—not just chemo & Herceptin—much easier.

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

they put in three titanium pieces on me also here they took my biposys from. I will try to figure out how to do put in what they are giving me for chemo no

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

I think it put it in right.

• Tomboy
    Options

You did great!!!

• djmammo
    djmammo Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

"I don't understand how a radiologist is able to tell from a mammogram and an ultrasound that you have breast cancer. How is that even possible???"

Some breast cancers have a particular appearance on mammography and ultrasound that we are trained to detect. In those cases it is not difficult to make the diagnosis. There are times when we can tell what type of cancer it is by its appearance on those modalities but that takes time and experience. There can be no treatment until there is a biopsy as only a pathologist can tell you and your treatment team the unique details of your tumor which is a guide to your treatment.

• Tresjoli2
    Tresjoli2 Member Posts: 579
    Options

beautifully,

Please come and join us on the triple positive thread. The ladies there are very knowledgeable about your type of cancer and treatment.

Pamela

• BeautifullyBroken4284
    Options

hi djmammo. Your reply came too late at this time. My BIRADS score was 5. They just needed the biopsy to confirm whichbthe completed two days later with the pre lim results the day after the biopsy. The batteryvof tests commenced and quickly. Your reply actually I see was sent the day after my first round of chemotherapy. Things have moved very quickly.

• kelseypaige
    kelseypaige Member Posts: 2
    Options

I’m 21 and recently found a lump. Got an urgent ultrasound, which lead to biopsy... they were sure it was fibroadenoma but when I went in for my results they said they aren’t sure, told me it’s not a fibroadenoma, that there are lots ofblood vessels growing in the tumour and I’m booked in for surgery in 12 days... I haven’t been given much information so reading that there’s people who are scared just like myself helps. I’m not sure what to think or expect...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi kelseypaige, and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're sorry that you have to be here and so worried, but hope you find this Community a wonderful place for support and information.

If they are not sure of those results, the surgery that they are proposing now is probably an excisional biopsy, which is the surest way to establish a definite diagnosis without getting a false negative result. Also, having the entire lump removed may provide you with some peace of mind. You can learn more on this and other biopsy procedures in our main site, here: http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types...

We're crossing fingers and sending good vibes for benign results! Please, come back and let us know how everything goes!

The Mods

• kelseypaige
    kelseypaige Member Posts: 2
    Options

surgery was complete, day 2 since surgery and just resting. Can’t wait to find out my results in a few days and appreciate the kind thoughts

• Londacase
    Londacase Member Posts: 1
    Options

Beautifully...I read your first post...

Sounds exactly like my day yesterday. I'm 36, mother of six which includes a now three month old. Found a suspicious area on my right breast during pregnancy which did not resolve. Obgyn sent me for ultrasound and mammogram and the doctor there wanted immediate biopsies, three in total.

She basically told me yesterday that I have BC... I'm a total wreck