Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo June 2017

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited December 2018
    Options

Oh Gosh Julia, I love your hair. Looks awesome! You look so healthy. Keep it up girl.

Peachy; You make me laugh. When I get a hot flash even my knees will sweat. I've had one hair cut in almost two years now. I'm also at that stage of do I let it grow out and look like hell for six months (or longer because it's not exactly growing gang busters) or cut it into a pixie cut and be done with it. I just don't like this old lady look with the "in between" short hair. I finally got my old hairdresser back after her maternity leave (she really cuts great short hair) but now, she's pregnant again and argh now I have to deal with someone else until she gets back.

Can't believe this summer will be two years since we all started with chemo. Also can't believe that after a year and a half I've only had the one hair cut. Yikes, really didn't think it would take this long to grow back. Some kind of denial going with me when they told me I'd lose my hair.

• KimPossible818
    KimPossible818 Member Posts: 287
    edited April 2019
    Options

Julia!  You look fantastic!!  I have nothing but hair now...(see below).  My bones/joints hurt essentially ALL the time.  Thank you Letrozole.  :)  I guess it beats the alternative.  I am definitely exercising more to help combat that.  (Hate exercise....truly)

I moved to Cary, NC late December.  My husband made a career change, so I am back in the South.  Loving it!  I am only 7 hours from my parents, and my brother and family live in the same county.  My niece graduates HS this year but is going to NC State, so she will still be near us. Yeah!

Life has been busy.  My father fell in March and broke his back and two ribs.  He has been in rehab, and my dear mother has been at his side 10-12 hours a day.  60 years married, those two.  Hoping he gets to come home next week.  I was there for a week last week, and it wore me out.  He will do much better at home for sure.  I pray.

How is everyone?  Here hubby and I are at the Outer Banks in March.  We are going back for Easter Weekend.  It was our first visit, and only 3 hours from us.  It's fun to have new sights to explore.

Hoping everyone is doing fantastic!

• LTWJ
    LTWJ Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2019
    Options

I really miss NC now. Husband and I moved from Charlotte to Dallas,TX 31 years ago. My dad still lives in Concord and we went back last summer.

My middle daughter got married 3 weeks ago and I was so happy to be a part of it. Then 3 days later I had a robotic hysterectomy. I recovered very quickly and am doing great. No problems from that. The anastrozole is making my ankles ache which isn't cool. My feet are still numb from chemo but the aching ankles have me taking advil all day. I was doing zumba before surgery but I have to sit out 8 weeks from that. So far so good 🤗

• KimPossible818
    KimPossible818 Member Posts: 287
    edited April 2019
    Options

What a GORGEOUS family picture!  Beautiful bride and Mom!  You look wonderful!!!  

Sorry about the ankles.  Your feet are still numb?!  Wow.  That is unreal.  :(  Any worries about falling with that?  You are rocking some cute shoes.  I guess if you were doing Zumba, you were doing well!  Haven't done that in years.  It was fun but intense.

Great celebration!  Thanks for sharing.

• LTWJ
    LTWJ Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2019
    Options

Kim, I trip easier than normal but I'm very cautious. I wear sneakers 100% of the time but they insisted I buy nice shoes for this occasion. Not too high, and the most $ I've ever paid for a pair of shoes, I brought my sneakers to change into but never did. I danced the night away in thes beautiful shoes. I love zumbe becausr I do what I can and exercise makes my joints feel better. My feet feel ice cold but they aren't and some days they start to wake up aND then really hurt like cold feet waking up do. I'd prefer they stay numb at this point.

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited April 2019
    Options

Looking good and healthy ladies.

• susie_2017
    susie_2017 Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2020
    Options

imageHello Ladies!

I had a notification that there was activity on a page I was following and I ended up here. Wow. Its been over 3 years since I found this page. I remember how scared I was when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, the chemo, the hair loss and radiation. I made it through and so did all of you reading this! I went to London, England the year after my diagnosis and had the best time! I'm living life and loving it. I never thought I would forget that I had cancer but I actually do. I have to think about which side it was even on because the surgeon did an excellent job and there's no scar. I do have a smaller breast but can only tell when I'm naked! I've had multiple hair cuts but prefer it short now! Hope all of you are doing great and doing your best to stay covid-free!! Stay safe!