Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TNBC Vaccine Trial?

Options
124»

Comments

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    Options

SuprSurvivr, I just got my last dose, on the 18th, so it seems we're on the same page. I was also told that there would be a blood draw in 6 months. I guess they'll check T-cell counts among other things. This last injection went the same as others; minor swelling and pinkishnes, slight warmth at injection site. Also a little itchiness. But that's all.

NorCalS, I'm glad you find reading about this study to be of help.

Sueshe55, your regimen sounds similar to what I had except I didn't have that # of cytoxan doses. I think there was only one and that was by infusion. (I could go back and check.) I had no big reaction--certainly nothing like when I did A&C infusions. Is your trial through Marker Therapeutics?

There is a very good article about immunology in the November 9th, 2020 issue of The New Yorker, by James Somers. It covers immunology as it relates to Covid, mostly, but also looks at the history of the field and explains a lot of basic concepts including who discovered T-cells and what they do.

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    Options

Hi, aterry!

I had my last dose on the 18th as well, with similar reaction. They didn’t take trial related blood draws this time; nurse said it was optional. Next apt in 6 mo will only be labs and dr visit. In reference to the cytoxin, I only had one dose via drip at the very beginning. Thanks for the reference, aterry. I’m very much looking forward to reading any results from our trial. Part of me is kinda nervous about ending treatment

• aterry
    aterry Member Posts: 142
    Options

SuprSurvivr, I understand being nervous about ending treatment. There's a kind of reassurance in having appointments and injections, etc., even for a trial when we don't know whether the benefit will pan out. My oncologist said that some patients experience a kind of withdrawal when treatment is over. My care team was so wonderful that I do miss them!

I'm curious to learn the results from Marker. I wonder if they'll publish intermediate results when that last enrollees in phase II complete? I'm curious to learn which protocol is being used for phase III. As I understand it, phase II was partially about which of 4 delivery protocols to use. I was in the cytoxin and low dose arm.

Sueshe55, I forgot to mention something I found helpful. About 20 to 30 minutes prior to the injection the nurse would rub some lidocaine on the injection spot. This kept the injection from stinging.

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    Options

Suprsurvivr,

I’m sorry I didn’t respond earlier to your question about Xeloda. I just saw it. I don’t know if it is the standard of care to give Xeloda after surgery/radiation. I had residual disease after surgery and I told MO that I wanted Xeloda or keytruda (clinical trial) if I did not achieve PCR. I was not able to get into the keytruda clinical trial, so MO had me on Xeloda for 6 months after radiation based on findings from the Create-X trials.

I also wanted to enter a vaccine trial after Xeloda, but MO will not help me apply or get insurance to cover it. I’m hoping the vaccine trial goes into phase three so that I can convince MO to help me apply.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the trial. It really helps the rest of us as well

• Sueshe55
    Sueshe55 Member Posts: 12
    Options

hi aterry

I am fine with first 7 days of cytoxan 50 mg twice a day. I feel that weekly dose is stronger than my IV dose for some reason. This is my off week and have had hives, feet and hands itching terribly the last 2 days and diarrhea this AM. I had hives once during chemo and nothing else. I took decadron for itching.

Thanks for mentioning lidocaine my doc prescribed Emla creme (I never had a port) to put on I junction site. Well one more week of cytoxan starts wed then injections 1/11/21.

Glad your injections are going well and they drew 19 tubes of blood snd said will be monthly.

Happy new year

Sueshe5