Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone ElseTerrified about Repeal of ACA Bill

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    Options

Thank you for sharing that. Not everyone is Medicare eligible but good to know.

Still very concerned right now in the meantime until I am keeping the insurance I do have or will hurt us a lot financially between tests and medications.

Just hoping people fight for those of us who need coverage.

• Lumpie
    Lumpie Member Posts: 1,553
    Options

bcinColorado: Thanks for your message. I am in the thick of insecurity/instability regarding coverage for care. It is scary. I am spending as much time and energy as I can muster on advocating for improvement to our system. There is a group advocating for single payer by state (One Payer States), in case reform is repealed at the federal level and/or we can't get something passed at the federal level. They are building a database of those willing to be a "concerned constituent" in each legislative district around the US. Understanding that not everyone has the ability or willingness to be submerged in these issues, they can do the heavy lifting if constituents are interested in being an in-district voice. If interested, PM me. Website below if you want to read more. Thanks.

https://onepayerstates.org/

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    Options

Lumpie - you are well informed on Cancer and legislation that affects it. It is really good to see your posts. I am trying to track down very disconcerning information I have heard about Health Insurance. In about 2 1/2 years I make the Medicare decision. I have been encouraged to keep the private I have, but maybe reduce from standard to basic. The disconcerning thing I've been told, is that if Medicare does not cover something, neither will private, even if they cover it now. So why keep private? Lymphedema is the issue ( and yes I did contact my representatives about lymphedema and Medicare - they do not care). I find it hard to get good information when I contact my Health Insurance.

• flashlight
    flashlight Member Posts: 311
    Options

Hi BlueGirlRedState, I have Medicare with a Medigap plan that did pay for me to receive therapy for lymphedema. My supplemental plan states it covers what Medicare covers. Medicare pays 80% and the supplemental covers the remaining 20%. Medicare doesn't cover much else for lymphedema. My MIL had a private insurance coverage benefit from retiring and that payed for much more than her Medicare Advantage plan. It wasn't connected to her Medicare plan. It is all very confusing and everything might change in a couple of years. I pay for Medicare, Medigap, Drug plan, dental and vision. With each plan there are deductibles and co-pays, unless you get a premium plan, which is costly. You have to consider that as well. Also, there are labs/test you can only have once a year. Bone density is every 2 years. A lot of the bone building drugs are not covered. My husband has a different plan and his monthly payment is lower, but his deductible and co-pays are higher.

• Lumpie
    Lumpie Member Posts: 1,553
    Options

KFF Health Tracking Poll: The Public's Views on the ACA

Published: Sep 10, 2020

The public has remained deeply divided on the health reform law since it was passed in March 2010. Click below to examine how specific groups feel about the law and how those opinions have changed or not changed over time.

We asked: "As you may know, a health reform bill was signed into law in 2010. Given what you know about the health reform law, do you have a generally favorable or generally unfavorable opinion of it?"
    https://www.kff.org/interactive/kff-health-trackin...::%252440%252C000-%252489%252C999
    {Interesting graphic reporting on public perception of the ACA. Can be parsed by respondent characteristics.}