Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lump after stereotactic core biopsy

Options
AmandaJeanette
AmandaJeanette Member Posts: 4
edited January 2018 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello All,

About a week and a half ago I had a stereotactic core biopsy done on a small nodule believed to be a fibroadenoma in my breast. I am so thankful and relived to say that it came back benign! I have not had many problems after the biopsy and thought recovery was going very well until I noticed a decent size lump, located at the exact site where the biopsy was taken from. I am beyond freaking out and am wondering what this could be from. I know that scar tissues will most likely be a result of the biopsy but this seems different. Needless to say I am freaking out quite a bit. Of course it is the weekend so I am unable to call my doctor, I will be calling on Monday, but I was looking for some insight to what this may be. Directly where the lump is there is bruising, yellow and purple, but it does not look like there is any sign of infection. The bump is definitely a little sore infrequently and to the touch. Has anyone had this experience before and if so what is happening??

Comments

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm sure it is common from trauma, swelling & bruising. Just like getting a lump when you bump your head or knee

• djmammo
    djmammo Member Posts: 1,003
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hematoma. Very common after Stereo biopsy. Should eventually resolve. Call your doc if it continues to enlarge.

• CENOK2017
    CENOK2017 Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2017
    Options

Stereotactic biopsy December 12. This Is Dec 30. I think I might have hemotoma? No brusing but hard lump and stinging. New Year's Eve weekend....sigh. Any suggestions

• Silbar
    Silbar Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2018
    Options

I developed a large hematoma after my stereotactic be. I used ice packs for the first few days and then after that started using warm compresses a few times a day. This seems to have helped the swelling and the hard hematoma to slowly resolve. BS said it was the size of a golf ball but it sure felt bigger and half of my breast was purple and blue. I had my biopsy on Dec.1 and it is resolving very well. Also wearing a wireless or supportive bra or camisole at night helped for comfort. I hope this helps you, too.

Oh, I also had a very small hard lump directly at the insertion site which caused a dimple. The lump is gone now but dimple remains