Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pregnancy after cancer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kerry34
    Kerry34 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Options

I’m not really sure how this works but here goes... I had estrogen pos bc and never froze my eggs. I’ve been on Tamoxifen from March 2019 til July 2020. My oncologist advises against me doing IVF or trying for pregnancy at all.I’m having a hard time finding anyone in this situation. I’m 37.

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    edited November 2020
    Options

I'm 41, was on tamoxfien/toremifene for about two years. Now I want to get pregnant. I had frozen some eggs before I had cancer so I'm thinking to use those for IVF. My oncologist said to just try to minimize the amount of time I'm off toremifene. I'm fairly nervous about the whole thing from many different angles, including setting up to be an older single mom. Would love to hear from others.

• grateful2balive
    grateful2balive Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2020
    Options

i admire u. I pray ur pregnancy wishes come true. I, too, froze eggs which i hope to someday use. Baby dust to u

• Amyj20
    Amyj20 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    Options

that's so up lifting. I'm hoping for a baby as well. I have a 13 year old and always wanted my little girl. Same treatment as you end date was 08/24/1

• SnowFlower100
    SnowFlower100 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'm 32 now, did my surgery and radiation 2 years ago, been on Taxmofien & Ovarian supression since 22 months. I did not freeze any eggs. If the next quarterly check up is fine, I'm thinking about suspending the anti-hormone treatment and try to get pregnant. To be honest, it is my deepest fear that quitting anti-hormone treatment and trying to conceive will make cancer come back. I have read all the available research paper on this topic, which reassured me a bit, but still, this is the toughest choice I have ever made in my life. Im so grateful to find out about this forum and to learn that there are actually women out there who did this successfully and safely. I pray we will all have our healthy babies, and being healthy ourselves too.