Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting October 2017

Options

Comments

• AgathaNYC
    AgathaNYC Member Posts: 317
    edited April 2018
    Options

Petey - Have you tried Aquaphor on the corner of your mouth? When I've had cracked lips I've had good luck with that or that Rosebud salve that comes in a little tin. Also good is straight up lanolin that you can get in the baby/nursing area of the drugstore.

Thanks for the job interview advice Tewks and Lisa. They may already know since I was referred by someone (don't know who yet) and they may have told them. I don't really have an answer as to why I haven't been working much since October. I'll just feel it out and play it by ear. They approached me out of the blue so I hadn't been thinking about how I'd address cancer and a new prospective employer. The place I have been at for the last 4 years is being a little sketchy about whether or not they'll need me anymore. It's one of the many sucky things about being a "permalance" worker: No job security, no vacation days, etc.

• LisaCincy
    LisaCincy Member Posts: 316
    edited April 2018
    Options

Tomorrow I get my port removed. Woo hoo! My eyelashes are also getting longer every day. I'm relieved to report that my eyebrows are finally returning! I still have to paint them on, but it's a ton easier having shadows to work with v trying to draw them freehand.

Aside from some PT to recover my full range of motion following my mastectomy, the only missing piece is to get nipples tattooed on. That’s going to be the most bizarre procedure of my life. So not looking forward to that

I’m now 5 weeks from surgery and 7 weeks from my last chemo. Here is my crazy hair:

• Tewks
    Tewks Member Posts: 79
    edited April 2018
    Options
    OMG you have more hair at 7 weeks than I do at 5 months!!! Grrrrrrrrr........
    All kidding aside, you look great and I'm so happy for you!!
    I can't believe we're at the final stages of this journey. I met with my MO at Fox Chase yesterday and don't need to see her again for another six months. No more tests, no scans, no nothing...not unless something really weird turns up 😳
    Keep us posted on the port removal and ... you're getting ink woo how!!!
    Stay well and thank you for your support!
  • Jennifer522
    Jennifer522 Member Posts: 194
    edited April 2018
    Options

I talked with one of my husbands co workers who had a BMX a few years ago and she mentioned how weird the nipple tattoo process is. They asked her what color? What color? You have to pick your color? She joked neon green. 😅

I am hoping my hair and eyebrows kick it into high gear! In 6 weeks throwing a bday party for my daughter and I hate to look like "cancer mom" to all her classmates and parents

• AgathaNYC
    edited April 2018
    Options

Whoa, Lisa! Your hair looks AMAZING! I love the way you styled it. Didn't we stop chemo around the same time :-) I still look like Tweety Bird!! Where do you get your nipples tattooed? Is it through your plastic surgeon? I've read on these boards somewhere there is a well-known nipple tattooer. What a specialty! It must feel good to use your talent to help women like that.

Tewks - I am going to see my MO at three month intervals for year, but there won't be any scans or imaging done except a couple of Mammograms a year. My surgeon I don't see again for six months, and then it's not even her but her NP. They really take the training wheels off us and let us fly, right?

I just got home from that job interview I told you guys about. Cancer never came up and I think I pulled off a non-chemo patient look. The person who recommended me wasn't the person I thought it was, and the recommender doesn't know about my cancer, so the company wouldn't have been given a heads up. It's a job i'd LOVE to get so I hope something comes of it.

• petey111
    petey111 Member Posts: 157
    edited April 2018
    Options

Agatha - I'm so glad it went well!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! I was just thinking this morning about pulling out the Aquaphor. I've been using a chapstick, but Aquaphor will probably be better!

Lisa - Your hair looks awesome. Im hoping the Nioxin helps me like it's helped you!

Tewks - Good news that you don't have to mess with medical stuff for a while!! Even if it is a little nerve racking.

Jennifer - Neon green... LOLOLOLOL I've always made it a point to wear my wig to my son's school when I've gone. But honestly, I don't think the kids notice as much as the adults. Either way, your daughter will just be glad you are there!!

Speaking of wearing my wig to my son's school, I wore mine today to help volunteer there. (Wore myself out shelving books in the library because they had a pipe burst and had to move and go through alllllllll the books. Now it's time to put them back. Time to use my school librarian schools again! Woohoo) Anyway, I wore my wig to radiation because I rushed there and I got so many compliments. I wish it wasn't A) so hot and B) uncomfortable because everyone loves how it looks.

Now I just need to wash it. I'm scared I'm going to ruin it!! Oh well.

I'm going to hang out with my girls tonight and I'm so excited! We are going to eat dinner and watch a movie (Wonder). It will feel good to be with them and not be tired and sick for once!

Talk to you all later!

• Tewks
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ladies, I just want to wish you all the best of everything and thank you all for your support the past few months. Having been officially released from medical care yesterday by my team at Fox Chase I'm returning to the real world, the cancer free real world of my amazing family and great friends, and I fully expect all of you to be joining me in that world very very soon!
    Stay strong...we can all do it!!
  • peoy
    peoy Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2018
    Options

Lisa - u look great! U can go out without any headgear now.

Tewks - congrats on your release from medical care and moving to next phase.

Saw my BS yesterday. I've pCR. He too release me from his care. But being triple+, I still need to continue seeing my MO for Herceptin (jab, 17 times over a year) and anti-estrogen drugs.

• LisaCincy
    edited April 2018
    Options

Got my port out earlier this afternoon, so after my Survival visit with my MO NP on 4/19, I'll only be seeing my oncologist quarterly unless something crops up that necessitates a closer look. The nurse today said that I should check with my PS about getting in hot tubs with my silicone implants. Huh? She said some PSs say don't get into hot tubs for months, years, or even forever after silicone implants. Never heard this, and I doubt it's true because you'd think they'd bring that up when you're deciding between saline and silicone, but I'll check.

Thanks for the compliments on my crazy gray hair, ladies. I'm still wearing baseball caps when I go out, but am getting closer to going commando.

Peoy, that's awesome news on being PCR. I'm so happy for you!

Jenn, my hair has always grown fast. Case in point: my face! The downy white hairs that grew too long are being replaced by the misbehaving hair that requires constant plucking, etc. I'm going to have to look into laser hair removal or I daresay I'll be growing a mustache before too long. In any event, hair normally grows faster in the summer than the winter, so there's definitely a good shot that you'll have enough hair is 6 weeks to not worry about it.

Tewks, happy that you're planning on rejoining the real world again. I've been contemplating going back to work, even though my husband has given me the green light to quit, because I'm craving normal.

Agatha, wishing you good luck on getting that job. I'm sure any company would be lucky to have you. BTW, my hair is doing what it wants. I'm not styling it that way. :)

Petey, here's a video on how to wash your wig via Wigs.com. https://www.wigs.com/pages/how-to-wash-a-wig

Have a great day, ladies.

• Jennifer522
    edited April 2018
    Options

My MIL called last night to tell us FIL just diagnosed with cancer. We were the first of the 7 kids they called, since they knew we would understand. After husband got off phone, gave him a hug and I just cried. Another person with this crappy disease. I don't want anyone to have to go through this.

The cancer is at the back of tongue near throat. My husband wasn't sure if it's tongue or throat cancer. He meets with oncologist on Tuesday (when I am having my BMX). Knows will start with 6 weeks of radiation then surgery and chemo.

They live very rural up near Canada border and will have to travel 2 1/2 hrs for radiation. 1200 miles away from us. Ugh!

Lisa, interesting about hot tubs. I was reading lately about some PS saying no underwire bras forever. But I guess that's not a big deal as i expect my breasts to be perkier than they have been in years. 😆

• HikerVA1956
    HikerVA1956 Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2018
    Options

Checking in with everyone, I have been keeping up by reading your posts. So glad everyone is doing ok. Jennifer, so sorry about your FIL, seems like everyone has a new family member with cancer too often.

I have hair growing but only about 1/2 in with dark and light mix... looks sort of cool. My eyelashes are back full and thick, they have been long enough for mascara for over 2 weeks now. Brows are back too, same as before chemo, still on sparse spot on the left side, but do not have to fill in much now. (I will add a photo later, keep forgetting to take one). (last chemo 1/16) I started back to work full time this week. I was really anxious about it, but I have really enjoyed it. I still have some soreness from the MX but it is doable and nice to be active again. Last week I started walking 4 miles for a few days a week and it has been nice. Had my surgery on 2/26, double MX w/sent node removal. The cancer was completely gone and the node showed no signs of ever having cancer present, so I was cancer free. I had two drains after surgery which I had to keep for 4 weeks, that was tough, but read where some people just need to keep them that long. Got them out last Tues, so PS gave me clearance to go back to work w/ no weight limitations. After the drains were out I started sleeping on my side again, but the TE are still painful. I met with my BS two weeks ago and she released me for 6 mo checkups. I met OC last week for my quarterly blood work/port flush. I told him I wanted the Port removed, which he offered to do anytime, but I am opting to have it removed during my next reconstruction surgery which will be the DIEP in late May. I do not have a date set for that, and the BS is setting up a CT angiogram to make sure I have good blood vessels in my stomach for the procedure. I was lucky (lol) and have one leaking TE on the left, it goes flat in a week, so I have to go in weekly for a fill up. The PS said it is rare, but happens. Therefore, I do have weekly visits with the BS until I go to surgery in May. This weekly fill-up is rather painful, because the try to overfill it slightly to compensate for the leak. The right side is stable and has not need any more expansion for a week. I did have some fluid build up on that breast that they had to pull out for two weeks but finally now, no new work on the right side. I still can not wear a bra. I had purchased one of the soft front closing cotton bras for after surgery...and I ordered it in a size larger so it is lose, but having anything in the area directly under my breasts hurts after several hours, so I have just been wearing camis daily and it feels fine. Of course nothing up there moves or giggles so the cami is fine to wear. I have not tried running again, but may do that in a week or so, if I do that I will wear a running support bra.

Jennifer, I know you have the upcoming surgery and if you have more questions, let me know because I just had the double MX with tissue expanders, and maybe my update above will give you some information too.

Agatha: I found this web site last year and have listened to some of the webinars about work and cancer. I have had no problems at work, but wondered what needed to be disclosed and what my rights are. My work has offered to accommodate me in any way with limitations or side effects, so I am blessed in that area. here is the site: https://www.cancerandcareers.org/en?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8qZjOel2gIVh0SGCh1EiQDGEAAYASAAEgKJgPD_BwE

Glad to keep reading how everyone is doing and for all the updates. Still feel like you all are my support group family!!! I have been so grateful to go through this journey with each of you.

• petey111
    edited April 2018
    Options

Lisa - Congrats on getting the port out!! That probably feels like a step in the right direction. Thanks for the video on the wig washing!

Jennifer - I am so sorry about your FIL. Cancer sucks. It just really and truly does. I'll be thinking of him and your family.

Hiker - You've had a lot going on. I'm glad you are past surgery and are cancer free. Hang in there with the TEs. I immediately wanted to know how far out from chemo you were when you started talking about your hair and eyelashes. LOL So thanks for putting that in. I'll be super anxious to see where I'm at in a month!

15/33 radiation treatments down. I'm just now starting to get a tiny bit sore. I've got my aloe and aquaphor and I may ask on Monday if they have Miaderm or something else to give me. I am also drier than dry. My face, my mouth, my body in general. I thought I was done with that after chemo, but apparently radiation dries you out too for some reason. *sigh* I can't wait until things are back to a bit more normal. Won't ever be the same I guess, but just a bit more normal. It's getting closer though....

I also really, really want nice weather. It's cold and snowy here today. That's not supposed to be what it's like right now! I feel like this little boy:

Here's hoping you have better weather and good adventures everyone! Have a good weekend.

• AgathaNYC
    edited April 2018
    Options

Peoy - I am SOOOO happy to hear that you got a pCR. What a relief that must be for you. I love to hear good news.

Lisa - Happy you got your port out. Every little step toward normalcy should be celebrated :-) Thanks for that video on wig washing. It was really helpful.

Jennifer - I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. It must be especially rough since they are far away. I'll keep him in my prayers. And you to as you get ready for surgery.

HikerVA - Congrats on getting back to work. Thanks for the link to that organization. I'll definitely check it out. I'm sorry your weekly fills are painful. Good luck getting back to the running trails.

Petey - Thanks for posting your progress reports about radiation. It's been helping me get ready for what I have ahead of me. Note to self: start drinking a ton of water NOW.

I had my radiation simulation yesterday. I'm now the proud owner of 4 teeny-tiny little tattoos! I'll be getting 16 rads face down and 4 boosts face up. I start on either the 17th or 18th (printed-out schedule says one date, my portal the other --- I bet the portal is correct.)

Hope the weather is good over the weekend for everyone so we can get out and move. NYC dodged the most recent snow but it's still pretty chilly.

• Tewks
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi Everyone, I'm baaaacccckkkkk....! I keep getting notifications from BCO so am still reading updates, and don't think I'm really ready to say goodby just yet.

I'm going to repeat what someone said a few weeks ago, "It all comes down to the hair, doesn't it?" I think I'm going to try a temporary rinse, my family isn't buying into the silver look at all so I guess I have to do color of some sort. Has anyone else done something similar? I'd love to hear! My MO did admit the other day that my hair is taking longer than most, but its not the most extreme case she's seen, small consolation ...patience has never been a strength of mine. I just worry too much about wearing that damned wig during warm weather--assuming, of course, that someday we'll actually have warm weather. 

HIker, good to hear that you have lashes and brows! Mascara is a wonderful thing isn't it!! I'm still using brow color but I'd probably be doing that anyhow so it's not that big a deal. That's one of the many many baby steps to recovery that don't sound like very much until they actually happen, and then we realize what a big deal it really is!

I'm so sorry that some of you are still going through this with your family members. Having been through the experience I'm sure that you'll all be wonderful support as well as very inspiring role models. Being around survivors is a wonderful incentive to be strong, and it sure does  help to keep things in perspective.

Jennifer, I'm wondering about your FIL's radiation. You mention that they live in rural Canada and I'm curious to know if they've thought about a treatment center with overnight accommodations. When I went, there were hotels available to other patients and there were people from Israel, Canada, Russia...all over the world really. And many were staying in hotels. Some who live closer stayed during the week, going home only on weekends. it's aso an option at Fox Chase for surgery patients. We were offered a room but declined and drove from home instead. So, I'm just thinking you might want to mention it if they live a distance from treatment. Lord knows, we all need all the help we can get during treatment.

All in all, everyone keeps moving forward and I feel deep down inside that this group has a lot to do with our amazing progress. Petey, NJ woke up to a coating of snow this morning so I'm feeling your weather pain...but I'm sure that some day that too shall pass!

• dkk
    dkk Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2018
    Options

It is so nice to read about my Oct group! So happy to hear how well you all are transitioning to your next phases of life. Many blessings to all of you,

I have started my rads and on Mon. I will be 20/35. It is going by so fast. No complications with my skin and I can tell my energy level is starting to come back.

In the last few weeks I have had some severe pain in my stomach. Thought I had gall stones, but DO thinks it may be more. We just did a CAT scan last week. Results came back "Irregular" so now DO ordered a PET scan. During all this my mom passed away from cervical cancer. I am trying not to get the cancer scare but I am so scared to even think about more battles with cancer., especially when I am so close to being done. I was too scared to call my DO to ask what "Irregular " meant. I don't want to know plus i didn't think I could deal with it during Mom's funeral. I my heart I know what it means.....in search of more cancer.

Please, once again. I need prayers. My scan is on Monday. I will let you know how it goes. I don't share my emotions with my family, they have bee through enough. Hubby is trying to stay positive but I am scared to death.

Lisa, love your hair :) I should be about that long by next week. Eyebrow & and lashes are growing fast. Bummed I have to tweeze them again. My hair came in snow white but is now more salt & pepper, I looked like a Q tip LOL. Thinking of putting a demi color on my hair Just to add some color to those grays, Can't wait to ditch the wigs.

Take care and have a great weekend! Love to all my sisters Heart

• tri-lady7
    tri-lady7 Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi Everyone- Seems like we are all doing well! So grateful that we have the treatments we have been receiving available to us.

HikerVA - so sorry you are going through a lot. I'm sure you will feel great after you get the DIEP.

Jennifer- so sorry to hear about your FIL. Cancer is the pits!! Praying for him and your family.

Peoy- congratulations on your pCR!

Tewks- Congrats on your official release from care. BTW I went to Foxchase for my surgery and chemo. I probably passed you in the hallways at some point! I will be there on Monday, April 16th to get my port out. Yeah!

Petey- your just about halfway done! It goes fast doesn't it? I just finished 10/30 treatments. No soreness or dryness yet but using aquaphor to keep it moisturizered.

Lisa- love the hair pic! I feel like mine is growing ok as I am 5 weeks out from chemo so I know it takes time. Here is a picture 5 weeks PFC. It is coming in salt and pepper. I have about four strands of eyebrows on each side so still need the pencil and my eyelashes are coming back! I noticed tiny baby ones growing on both sides. I had none!

• AgathaNYC
    edited April 2018
    Options

Dearest DKK - My condolences on losing your mother. That is a life changing event. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be sitting with the worries about your abdominal pain at the same time. You absolutely will be in my prayers. What time is your PET scan on Monday? I'm sending calming, healing vibes your way.

• MrsWinnie
    MrsWinnie Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2018
    Options

sending DDK love and healing hugs. The fear is real and every strange ache and pain is scary. Will be thinking of you.

Hai all so sorry i wasnt here... I have taken a cancer break needed it sounds like most of us are done other then Herceptin. Congrats. We are warriors!

Last week i ended up with ultra sounds cervical and uterus.. Been having spasms and tenderness no phone calls followed and nurse said report looked good. But now I have noticed that my hot flashs are much less was having them every hour and intense now i barely notice when i get one and not very often. Sooo totally freaking out... What is my body up to now... Ugh.

My plan next is total hysterectomy... Going on holidays next week. When i get back ill be demanding appointments with gynos to get that booked at the end of the summer. If im going be down for more healing let it be when the weather sucks!

Annd i have eyelashs enough to get mascara on lol i rarely wear make up but when i realized this i had to wear it... Super short thick hair.. Getting it trimed around the ears before we leave for vacation. Hair still looks strangely short lol.

• HikerVA1956
    HikerVA1956 Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2018
    Options

DKK: So sorry, I can not imagine what you are going through, it just seems too much. You will most certainly be in my prayers!

• Jennifer522
    edited April 2018
    Options

DKK: Your in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will be nothing. From someone who studied medical coding, these words like irregular and abnormal are used many times to justify to insurance for another test. So they will pay for the test.

• LisaCincy
    edited April 2018
    Options

DKK, I'm so very sorry about your mom. You really need a break from all the stress. Good luck with your scans. After two really scary experiences caused in large part by medical professionals offering unsolicited opinions, I now strongly believe that they should all just shut up until the results come back and they have something tangible to report. FTR, both of those things turned out to be nothing, and I was scared out of my wits for no reason. "I'm going to send this off to be biopsied." is so much better for the nerves than, "I sure don't like the looks of that."

Mrs. Winnie, I've given up trying to figure out what my body is going to do next. I thought I was done with hot flashes, but I started waking up every night soaked with sweat. And then I got horrible insomnia. Now my hair is coming in so quickly that I'm beginning to believe I'm half man. I'm just going to let my body go through its temper tantrum, and hope that things will calm down in the next few months. Laser hair removal is in my future.

Tewks, I tried a temporary rinse. It didn't take at all. Hope you have better luck. FYI, I started turning off notifications for this site a few weeks ago in preparation for the "getting on with my life" phase, but still haven't cut the cord yet, either. I'd personally like to see Jenn through her surgery and a few others finish up on radiation, so that I leave the Oct 17 chemo group on a happy note. Although I hate to say goodbye to this site, which helped me immensely in my time of need, I think it's an important step as we springboard back into the "real" world not to be focused on our former disease (ha!) as much.

• Jennifer522
    edited April 2018
    Options

Surgery tomorrow! Shocked

I have to take a Emend pill at 4:30am and be at hospital at 5:45am for 7:30am surgery. They say it's about 6 hours, 3 hrs for BS and 3 hrs for PS. I am still up and down emotions over it. Anxiety over having surgery, being in the hospital away from my daughter and knowing I need to get this done to be cancer free! I almost forget I am in cancer treatment without another chemo scheduled.

This morning its washing up and putting fresh bedding on my bed and getting lots of extra pillows out of the closets. Packing hospital bag. And cleaning up home. Cat's weekly vet appt. I have my nuclear injection today at 1:45, so I assume after needles in my boobs I am not going to feel like doing much later in the day.

I have my Netflix cued up. I never have time to binge watch and I have been wanting to watch The Crown and Stranger Things. If I am awake enough the next two weeks, I plan to get through those!

• Tewks
    edited April 2018
    Options

Jennifer, good Netflix choices! We've watched both and loved them. Binge watching is great when you're recovering. I even did Breaking Bad...my kids thought I was crazy.

We took all three plus their SOs to brunch yesterday and no one even asked about my former cancer. I was a little bummed then my dear hubby reminded me that it’s in the past and no one brought it up because they consider it done, history, a thing of the past.

Well, okay, I guess that’s a good thing so I’ll take that! Coming out of this in one piece is a little harder to get used to than I anticipated. It’s a gray hazy step, and I really expected it to be a very b/w experience, “now you have it, now you don’t.”

Jennifer I shall be sending good thoughts and best wishes to you tomorrow. You sound so well prepared, much better than I was but I was in the hospital for five days.

Petey I guess you don’t need the Aquaphor? Does anyone else want a huge tub of it? Brand new, unused, I bought an extra one and don’t need it. Just speak up and I’ll send it on if anyone wants. It’s enough to last a lifetime...

I’m buying a hair rinse today, crossing my fingers that it works. Grey hair and/or wigs really suck...

Hugs to you all! Hang in there

• Joyseeker
    Joyseeker Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2018
    Options

Jennifer. Call the Midwife got me through chemo. It’s excellent.

Well friends. I’m done radiation. I’m fairly scorched under my arm pit but that box is checked. Hair is fuzzy. I’ve taken to wearing ball caps now rather than toques. I’ve been trying to get out and walk each day despite to sometimes debilitating radiation fatigue.

I’m also through one month of tamoxifen. After an initial week long headache my only SE’s appear to be hot flashes and night sweats. I think I can handle both without additional meds. Oh. Lots of emotion. Kind of like perpetual PMS?? 😜

I’ve been reading along and thinking about each one of your stories. I’m so grateful it’s spring. It’s time for each of us to step out of the hibernation we have been in out into the warmth of the sunshine❤️

• LisaCincy
    edited April 2018
    Options

Jenn, Good luck tomorrow! It'll be such a relief to be beyond the surgery.

I also recommend the following on Netflix:

"Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" - It's exactly what the title says: a very light 1/2 hour show with Jerry Seinfeld riding around in vintage cars chatting it up with comedians. My favorite guest stars, so far, have been Ricky Gervais and Norm McDonald.

"Grace & Frankie" - a show about two older women (portrayed by Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin) whose husbands leave them to get married. They share a house and strike up an unlikely friendship given their different backgrounds. It sounds bizarre but I found it to be strangely touching. And I salivated over their beach house. (Note: You may want to avoid the episode called "The Party" as it's darker.)

"Sherlock" - It's light and glib.

• AgathaNYC
    edited April 2018
    Options

DKK - I'm praying for you today as you get your PET scan. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the results and they tell you that you have nothing to worry about. We'll be here for you so let us know how you are doing.

Jennifer - Doubt you're reading this before your nuclear injection today but I just wanted you to know it wasn't that bad and I was DREADING it. Hopefully you'll be surprised, too. You'll be in my thoughts all day tomorrow. I know your surgery is going to go smoothly, you just need to get any little bit of cancer still in you OUTTA THERE! Hopefully you have a very comfortable and short stay in the hospital.

Sara - I'm so excited to hear you are done with radiation. Congrats! It must feel so good to have a whole other treatment checked off the list. I start my radiation in a week.

Nothing to report on my end except that my eyelashes and eyebrows have started growing in. The hair on my head is still pretty just fuzz and no real hair yet. Two months ago today was my last Taxol.... c'mon hair!

• petey111
    edited April 2018
    Options

DKK - My heart goes out to you. What a stressful time. It's always hard losing your mom, but to lose her to cancer when you are battling your own, I'm just so sorry. I hope the test went well today and at least one thing to worry about is off your plate.

Agatha - The Auqaphor really helped the corners of my mouth. Thank you. Stupid radiation is drying me out sort of like chemo did. But I can handle it! Good job on getting your tattoos and what not. Radiation, here you come!

Mrs. Winnie - Glad to see you are doing better (and that you took a cancer break!). It feels good to move on a bit doesn't it?

Jennifer - I hope surgery goes well today and you feel okay tomorrow. I second "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" Nice fluff for the brain. :-) And I love me some Sherlock. I'm not sure I think it's "light", but it's an awesome show.

Sorry Tewks! I am so forgetful! I don't think I need it. I have a small tube right now and the doctor's office said not to use it on the spot that's bugging me because it's the crease under my breast and you are supposed to keep it dry under there. If someone else wants it or could use it...go for it! You could look in the radiation threads too and see if anyone wants it.

Sara - I'm glad you are done and have one month of Tamoxifen down. :-) Yay for spring!! We'll ignore the fact that it snowed - again - today and might snow Sat. I'm sooooooo over it. Normally, we at least get a few nice days here and there in March and April. Not this year. It's the never ending winter.

Doing ok here. Just getting a bit irritated under the breast from radiation. Using Nioxin. Starting to get the barest of eyelashes and hair. Would love for it to just take off and grow though!! I'll be curious to hear how the rinse goes for those doing it.

Thinking hair-filled thoughts for all of you!

• Jennifer522
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thank you for the well wishes. I am pretty calm tonight. I know the hardest for me will be leaving tomorrow morning.

Agatha and others who have told me, the nuclear injection wasn't too awful. It hurt like hell when they pushed the fluid in but for a just a few seconds. Ihad it done on both sides. I am surprised I don't even see a mark on my breast hours later.

My husbands coworkers are bringing over food every other day for the next 2 weeks. Night one and we have food for days! No one is going hungry in this house!

I am going to read for a little while and then try and get some sleep!

• LisaCincy
    edited April 2018
    Options

Good night, Jenn. Hope the operation goes smoothly and that the biopsy results are fantastic.

• Tewks
    edited April 2018
    Options

goodnight Jen and best of luck to you tomorrow! You may not believeit now, but you'll do fine tomorrow ❤️❤️❤️

Good luck!!!