Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Painful lump at 9 oclock - waiting to see breast surgeon

shamrck82
shamrck82 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2017 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi Everyone, I am 35 years old and a week ago today I found a lump in my left breast when I was laying in bed reading. I rolled over and had this strange pain so I felt the are and found a lump. The next morning I realized my breast (in the area of the lump) was red, and swollen. Thinking back I did notice my bra was a bit tight on that side for a few days prior to finding the lump. I went to my PCP who put me on antibiotics and was told it's probably an infected cyst. 3 days later I went back as the antibiotics weren't working and she referred me to a breast clinic to have a mammogram and ultrasound. The radiologist said it doesn't look like I have an infection. Both mammogram and ultrasound showed a mass where I felt the lump and I am now scheduled for this Monday to go back to meet with a breast surgeon and the following day have an aspiration. My current symptoms are pain when I touch the lump, random stabbing pain in that breast along with it being swollen (much bigger than other breast) and the area of where the lump is has a reddish/bruised look to it. Thinking back over the last few months I had a stabbing pain in the center of my chest which would come and go, I thought it was stress so didn't get it checked out. I was told by my PCP this week and the people at breast clinic who performed mammogram and biopsy that I am very young so it's most likely not cancer. Did anyone else have a 'lump' with similar symptoms to mine? This waiting is hard! Thanks in advance!