Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo January 2018

Options

Comments

• Homemadesalsa
    Homemadesalsa Member Posts: 138
    edited August 2019
    Options

Dang, Roxy. Sorry you have to go through this worry episode. Hope it's nothing major. Keep us posted and we are all pulling for you!

• DxAt37
    DxAt37 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2019
    Options

Roxy, I know you’re worried but I am sure it will be ok. I believe my MO said if its soft and mobile its usually benign. So, don’t worry. I believe it is a scar tissue forming or some cyst or whatever they call it. I myself have constant pains and aches and with each new I always think the big C is back. So I totally feel you.

I am sending you good vibes

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2019
    Options

Am positive all will turn out okay, Roxy. Please let us know.

And...enjoy NYC!!!!

• Insideout2
    Insideout2 Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hello Roxy,

Stay strong. Praying for you.

Insideout2

• Roxy13
    Roxy13 Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2019
    Options

Thank you, ladies. I will be sure to give an update after I see my PS. It’s the third time I’m going back (not counting my checkups) with different issues in the breast. So far - it was nothing. Tissue regenerating, scar tissue, stitches...

Every time this happens I start reading the Stage IV boards and it breaks my heart.

I’m hoping, again, for something gross but benign. :)

X

• okkate75
    okkate75 Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2019
    Options

Oh, Roxy, that's so scary! I will say there are a zillion things those lumps could be. My mom has them and they are fat necrosis--very common after mastectomy. Fingers crossed that's all it is, or something similarly benign. Waiting is so hard--sending good vibes your way!

• Eschindler
    Eschindler Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2019
    Options

Sounds like fat necrosis to me! Wishing you the best possible outcome.

• Roxy13
    edited September 2019
    Options

Happy to report it was fat necrosis, as correctly diagnosed here. :) It was quite a day - I had an ultrasound with a technician, who went to talk to the radiologist, then took me to get a mammogram, then back to have another ultrasound with the radiologist... I had some awful flashbacks from the early days when I was getting diagnosed and going through all this... In the end, all was clear.

Thanks for the kind words of support and, as always, lots of love!

R

• murfy
    edited September 2019
    Options

Whew! That is good news indeed! Thanks for letting us know!

• okkate75
    edited September 2019
    Options

So happy to see this news, Roxy. Phew!

• erob321
    erob321 Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2019
    Options

great news!!

• Insideout2
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Roxy13,

Happy everything is ok.

Insideout2

• DiagnosisDisruption
    DiagnosisDisruption Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello! I can't believe it was January 2018 this whole thing started! I am a year out of TCHP chemo and 10 months out of Herceptin. I had my port taken out the day after my last chemo. I have been living life since then. I feel better than I have in years. Turns out that tumor was probably the reason I needed a nap daily. Now I can get through a whole month without a mid day nap! I have way more energy now. The chemo fog is mostly gone. Sometimes I get the random 'can't remember' fog, but I got that before chemo. My students miss the charade games when I couldn't remember words of things.

I had one little "what's this?" scare from my oncologist when she did a breast exam on my non-cancer breast. That sent things into a tailspin for 10 days until it could get it mammogramed and ultrasounded. Turned out it was a cyst on the surface, no breast tissue involved and no blood source, so not cancer. Seriously people, we didn't need to freak out over that! Makes me not want to go the doctor! Other than that, living life.

• Gigicommon
    Gigicommon Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi Diagnosis! I finally had my port removed yesterday (twilight anesthesia in the outpatient surgery center. I'm pain avoidant). They had to place the IV in my foot because my left side is where the cancer was and the right side had the port. It feels rather liberating to be port free for the first time in almost two years..

I'm exercising regularly. My eating still needs some work but overall, life is good. I hope the rest of our January 2018 sisters are well.

• DxAt37
    DxAt37 Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2019
    Options

Gigicmon, do you still receive chemo or any other infusions? i am a very high risk of recurrence (per mammaprint and ki 67 being 60-70%) but they disnt reinsert the port (they had to take it out after 3rd chemo cause I developed a DVT where the port was in my arm).

I am just curious. I am in Chicago and wonder if we have different courses of treatment.

I am 100%ER+ and 80% PR+ and her2- and I am on Lupron and anastrozole for 7-10years-hello menopause at 39.

Overall other than joint pain, weight gain and feeling as an old lady I am fine. I had CT acan of my head and I do have some tiny spots -it is not cancer for sure, probably nothing and worse case scenario MS (I dont feel any symptons so lets hope not, I feel dealing with post cancer is enough) Also, landed in ER as my right side went numb-they think its bc I used CBD oil (too much for 4days) but over a month later I still have this weird cold-warm feeling in my back (like when you slap some Vicks rub on your skin) couple times a day. So to me cancer is a gift that keeps on giving.

But other than that I am here and life is good.

Hope you my friends are doing great

• Gigicommon
    Gigicommon Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi Dx,

I completed chemo (AC+T) in April 2018 and Herceptin in February 2019. I've been on anastrozole since June 2018. It has resulted in serious stiffness. I completely understand what you said about feeling like an old lady. I am 54 and before I gave in and started to exercise regularly, I was really struggling to walk. Even with exercise, I am stiff after sitting for a while but it is significantly better than it was.

• murfy
    edited October 2019
    Options

So glad to see all are well....considering! This week we leave our summer cabin in Alaska for S Texas. All my doc appts are the second week of Nov, so we will have some time to mosey in our drive southward. At this time only experiencing right shoulder pain and am receptive to changing AI drug if needed, as it is pretty painful. Can't lift arm above shoulder level and all movement hurts, so no exercise. Today will wean off AI to see if it goes away.

• Olesya
    Olesya Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hello, ladies:)

Was keeping away from the board, but when things happen-time to check in:)))

I had my mammo this morning. No anxiety, or maybe just a little. I get a breast MRI once a year and Mammo once year, therefore getting checks every 6 month.

take Tamoxifen daily, Lupron every 3 month, and Effexor to curb the hot flashes. they are much milder now thank goodness. but being menopausal at 36 is no fun:)) Totally hear you ladies on feeling like old lady.

I do my best to exercise daily. Diet still lingering, but I avoid processed foods as much as possible.

Glad to hear that worries were fruitless, Roxy. I went through the same fears last year. it was a benign change in breast tissue.

Stay strong, everyone! Life is beautiful!

• Insideout2
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in. I know we're moving forward, however so much support was in this group I couldn't help to come back and send positive vibes to everyone. Even when I wasn't posting, I could always come and read to get support on what to expect. This and other threads were really helpful.

Blessings to all.

Insideout2

• okkate75
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi, everybody! I'm officially two years out from surgery, and had a clear mammo last month and passed today's surgical follow up with flying colors. I still think about my cancer every day, but it already haunts me much less than it did. I have taken up running and love doing new things with my body. I hope all of you are doing well too, and I'm rooting for clear scans for everybody! Happy holidays, friends.

• Roxy13
    edited December 2019
    Options

That's great news, OkKate! November 27th was my two-year anniversary. I have a check-up with my breast surgeon on Thursday. I'm not too worried, (knock on wood), but I'm not too worried since I've had a number of ultrasounds and a mammogram throughout the year, whenever I thought I felt a new lump...

Thank you for the kind thoughts, Insideout2, and I hope you are doing well. I also found this group most helpful throughout the process. I don't like talking to people about my cancer, because for the most part, even though I know they have the best intentions, I feel they end up saying the wrong thing and I am unfortunately losing patience. In this group - everyone seemed to know what to say and when, and I was so grateful for the support.

It's unfortunate we had to go through this, but I'm trying to look at the positive side of things. I was just telling my husband the other day that the year of the cancer treatment wasn't so bad after all for me - of course, memory plays tricks on us...:) I got to take time off work, read a lot, exercised, and most importantly, I learned how gracious people can be, even when they themselves are suffering.Some of the chemo patients were so encouraging and kind

That's about it for my Monday musings...

Happy holidays to you all, with lots of love and in good health!

• murfy
    edited December 2019
    Options

Seasons greetings! So happy to hear all the good news! May 2020 be a happy, healthy year for all of us!

• Homemadesalsa
    Homemadesalsa Member Posts: 138
    edited December 2019
    Options

You all make me smile. Glad you are doing so well. I am back at work teaching avalanche classes and ski guiding, feeling the AI and Nerlynx fatigue a bit, and planning to finally get my bad knee replaced. I thought about doing it last year, but needed a year with minimal medical treatment and recovery first. It had been scheduled for April 2018, but like you all, I was deep into chemo then.

Stay strong friends!

• princessbuttercup
    princessbuttercup Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2019
    Options

Also checking in after getting past the two year mark from diagnosis and surgery. My MO has temporarily taken me off of Tamoxifen due to post-menopausal bleeding. Hysteroscopy is scheduled for next week, and then we will see what happens.

Happy New Year friends! Hoping that 2020 brings good health to everyone.

• murfy
    edited November 2020
    Options

My 3rd anniversary in remission! Had surgery 3 yrs ago today. Can now apply for long term care insurance.

Hope everyone continues to do well!

• Roxy13
    edited November 2020
    Options

That’s great news! Glad to see you are doing well.

My anniversary is Nov 27th. I haven’t had much by way of check-ups, other than a phone call with the oncologist and another one with an after-cancer health clinic to which I have graduated :), so I assume no remission. In January I’ll do some blood work to see if I can switch from Tamoxifen to AI. I’m feeling pretty good.

i hope everyone is well and staying safe. Would love to get an update from you.

Take care, ladies!

Ruxandra

• paisley2916
    paisley2916 Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2020
    Options

So great to see some updates! So glad you are doing well!

Here's my update: It's been the year of surgeries! Had DIEP/SIEA done in January. 10 hour surgery and a looonnnnggg recovery! Developed a fistula after that surgery and had a surgery for that to put a drain in in June. Was supposed to have phase 2 in April, but it got cancelled due to COVID. In July, I had my phase 2 surgery done for reconstruction. Then I found out I had an iron deficiency in October, so had to get 2 iron infusions. Then had a fistulotomy, also in October, to fix the fistula. Then had nipple reconstruction done last week. Next April, I can get my tattoos, and my breast reconstruction will finally be 100% complete! Can't wait! It's been a rough year with pretty much always recovering from one surgery or another. Lots of physical therapy too. Still doing PT from my surgery in July. But, I am so happy it is all done and I'm SO looking forward to next year to move on and put all this behind me!

• Insideout2
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hello Everyone,

Checking in. I have an upcoming scan to close out this year, nervous and confident at the same time. Nervous to take the test, confident I will be able to get through this regardless the results. No I don't what a new diagnosis, but I know I have beat this before.

Stay strong, praying for all.

Insideout2

• okkate75
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi, everyone! I got a clean mammogram last week--phew. Scanxiety is real, and due to my high recurrence risk status, I alternate MRIs and mammograms every six months (I had a lumpectomy). I'm getting better at managing it. Like Insideout2, I remind myself that I can get through whatever comes.

Things are well otherwise--still employed and I don't have COVID. These are the major blessings of 2020. I hope you all are doing well out there!

Kate

• murfy
    edited December 2020
    Options

Major blessings, indeed! So good to hear from you all on our 3rd anniversary of diagnosis. My mamm/ultrasound last week was also clear. BUT, something was found on my thyroid ultrasound and I go for a biopsy on Wed.

May you all have a happy holiday season and I'M looking forward to seeing 2020 in my rear-view mirror!