Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo January 2018

Options

Comments

• lynnzrose
    lynnzrose Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2018
    Options

@OKKate75--I started chemo the same day you did, Jan. 5th. Despite the infection in my breast, the oncologist did not want to delay my 2nd round, scheduled for Friday. Overall, the docs seem highly unconcerned about my sore breast... I guess since I'm fever-free, on antibiotics and white cell count wasn't in the toilet we're moving forward, which is what I prefer. I have to say, you're so brave, I admire that you're embracing the bald! I really don't think I could pull it off, for multiple reasons. Are you ready for round 2?

@Smickeyrn--regarding your Neulasta bone pain, did they tell you about Claritin? I took it for 5 days following the automatic injection, it seemed to help.

@Worriedme77--am thinking of you today, I hope you got some good news.

Hang in there All--xoxo

• Char105
    Char105 Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2018
    Options

smickeym - I would talk to your MO about pain pills then. Mine did say if the Claritin didn't work that was an option. Hope you feel better really soon. It's hard enough getting through the other SE.

• faith323
    faith323 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi

I have been reading posts and finally decided to post. I was diagnosed 12/22/17 with IDC 2 tumors in breast (2.1cm and 1cm) and know of 1 positive lymph node 2.6 cm. I am triple positive. I started chemo on January 10th. I am doing TCHP every 3 weeks for 6 treatments. Days 3-5 were the worst with achy ,chills diarrhea and headaches. I still to have diarrhea just instead of goin 6-7 times a day I only go 2-3 times a day.Anyone have this? I am not looking forward to losing my hair (when does this start???) and I am beginning to wish I tried the cold caps. Too late now. oh well not the worse thing.I already picked up a wig.

Besides immodium what else do you take for diarrhea?

I admired the strength each and everyone of you have.

Round 2 January 31st.

• WorriedMe77
    WorriedMe77 Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good morning my sisters in the fight to WHOOP cancers ass!!!! Yesterday was long and emotional... I was hoping that my MO would give me the results yesterday since I know for a fact the radiologist signed off on it at 3:30pm yesterday but I was told I would have to wait till Thursday when I see him to get results... I just can't wait the way my anxiety is set up I NEED TO KNOW what's going on... So I decided I am going to medical records and request my records today... I just KNOW that this damn scan is negative NO METS I just know somehow!!!!

Just got back from hosp medical records and they say the report isn’t ready so guess the waiting game is still on

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

I am so so so grateful that I found this site and all you ladies!!! I honestly feel a connection to y’all that I can’t explain!! I do pray for all of US everyday night... This fight isn’t easy but we got it WE WILL WI

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    edited January 2018
    Options

Neupogen-induced bone pain...What fresh new hell is this? It feels like my bone marrow has the flu. I had been prepping with Claritin, but it still hit 12 hrs after my 2nd dose of Neupogen. Popped Compazine for pain-induced nausea and 1/2 tab of Tylenol 3 and must have slept because I woke up drenched in night sweat and bones aching. Popped 2 Tylenol and woke up again just in time to visit my MO for my 3rd and final Neupogen shot. Although I tried to talk nurse out of giving me shot, I konw the pain means my bones are producing a massive release of neutrophils that I will need before heading into chemo #2. But, sweet Jesus...going to do my best to stay on top of it and hopefully thwart the associated pain tonight.

• smickeyrn
    smickeyrn Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Imurphy I thought the same thing on Day 3 after chemo! I had the Neulsta on pro and really was having no side effects and BAM woke up to excruciating pain from my bones! I've been taking the Claritin and also finally broke down and took a Hydrocodone. I'm now day 5 and now its just general achiness. Prayers for you!

• Garifalia
    Garifalia Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2018
    Options

WorriedMe77 you have been on my mind every day. It’s unbelievable everything you’ve been through. Nice try to get your records!I pray your instincts are correct and the scan will be negative.

• okkate75
    okkate75 Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2018
    Options

Waiting is the worst, @WorriedMe77! Don't they know we're all waiting too??? Sending good vibes for good news your way!

@lynnzrose My doc is totally unconcerned about infection, too! I got an ointment that seems to be clearing things up, but I think I'm on track for round two on Friday.

I'm gearing up for my second infusion on Friday. I'll start the steroids in the morning, and then blood test Friday morning and chemo that afternoon. My twin sister's coming to town to go with me, and I'm so excited to see her. I hope she gets the other side of this cancer coin flip, for sure. Anybody done their second infusion and have some wisdom to share? Is it kind of the same as the first round, or are side effects worse? I know we're all different, but I'm just curious.

Oh, and here's a pic of my new dome. I'm getting used to the bald, sort of. I keep reminding myself it's (probably) temporary. Love to you all!

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

@garifalia thank you..Smile I’m learning fast that when something’s put in front of you that you have to deal with you just do...

@okkate75 yesss waiting is the worst especially when you know they already know... 2nd infusion for you a d your still hanging in there and being brave THERES NOTHING WE CANT DO!!! Your just as beautiful with no hair as you were with hair 😘 Make sure your staying warm and know your in my thoughts and prayers as all of our sisters n this battle are

• Garifalia
    Garifalia Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2018
    Options

Okkate75 - it's my turn tomorrow for second T/C. I'm much more calm now than the first time. I started the dexamethasone today and have been scurrying around getting errands done because I know I'll be laying low for the next 5 days. Hope all goes well for you on Friday. I'm really inspired that you posted the photo. You look great!

• Olesya
    Olesya Member Posts: 109
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hello Ladies. I had my first chemo on Monday(January 22nd). so far so good. am i too optimistic?

• princessbuttercup
    princessbuttercup Member Posts: 159
    edited January 2018
    Options

Does anyone else feel like their face is on fire? I started Dex on Sunday, TC on Monday, got Neulasta shot on Tuesday. This feels like it's from the Dex but I'm done with that until next time.

• Coach1216
    Coach1216 Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    Options

going for first chemo tomorrow. I am ready and just want this journey to begin.

Okkate - Awesome pic! You are so strong and beautiful!

Olestra - glad to hear you are doing well! I find it so strange that we just wait for.....who knows.

Positive vibes to all

• Amelia01
    Amelia01 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2018
    Options

day 3 after second round. Yuk yuk yuk. Have my 9 year old home sick from school so feeling like I need to be super Mom. Can’t muster the energy.

What is the purpose of steroids? I didn’t take any last time except within 24 hours of infusion and by day three was feeling great.

Just took dexamethasone and it made me dizzy and gave a weird feeling in my stomach.

Took a handful of charcoal tabs to flush it out (and everything else nasty).

I’m unfortunately associating everything with nausea. My bathroom, my kitchen even this website!

I may have to burn the house down when this is all over.

@worriedme - sending as many positive thoughts your way!

@okkate- you look great! Thanks for sharing.

Everyone else- thinking about all of you -just fuzzy headed to get coherent thoughts out.

Xx

• Char105
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good morning everyone,

I can't believe i am up so early every morning. Sleeping just doesn't work for me anymore. I use to take a small dosage of metatonin and sleep like a baby. I went and bought a larger mg and still can't seem to sleep more than 5-6 hours and I wake up a time or two during that. Is anyone else having sleeping problems? What is the trick?

Getting my mind in a place for next week to to round #2. He is changing some of the meds so hoping for a better outcome.

okkate - you look beautiful. My hair is now starting to fall out in clumps. I am hoping it can wait until the weekend so I can get it buzzed. I am pulling it back into a pony tail so I don't see it as much.

Olyesa - I hope it stays that way for you. That would be great.

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

Good morning ladies, Like many of you I find I’m having a hard time sleeping and my sleeping pattern is changing... Often I fall asleep by 8pm and up by 3am or 4am... Praying for all of us... Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.... Hoping my MO calls me today we shall see... Sending positive vibes and lots of love

• Roxy13
    Roxy13 Member Posts: 116
    edited January 2018
    Options

I’m sending lots of good vibes your way from up North, @worriedme!

Please let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Lots of hugs!!

• Roxy13
    edited January 2018
    Options

@okkate75 that’s a really cute picture!!! I wish I had the guts to take a picture of me up close, even with my hair on!

Good luck on Friday! I’m following you closely, since you are a week ahead of me!

• Homemadesalsa
    Homemadesalsa Member Posts: 138
    edited January 2018
    Options

Starting today, can't sleep. Terrified. I had been on an information ration, but then binged, read too many articles about side effects and recurrence statistics, had a meltdown. I am strong, I got this. πŸ’Ÿ to you all.

• erob321
    erob321 Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2018
    Options

I’m having sleep issues as well. I usually wake at 3-4 every morning and sometimes I can fall back asleep, but a lot of times not. :

Amelia- I hope you and your son feel better soon! My son was vomiting all morning yesterday so I understand :( just do what you can no need to be super mom every day!!

Olesya- keep up the optimism! Hopefully you don’t get bad symptoms, but my bad days were days 6-7. Hopefully you’re not a late bloomer like me!

Good luck to all you ladies starting chemo today!

Worriedme- good vibes and prayers to you too!!

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

@homemadesalsa YES YOU GOT THIS!!! Trust me I know it’s hard to not google and do research on your own just be carful not everything we read is accurate or even if it is may not apply to our specific situation... You have cancer CANCER DOES NOT HAVE YO

• lynnzrose
    lynnzrose Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Homemadesal - I've done the same thing...start googling, next thing you know I've terrified myself...not a good idea! Hang in there, we've got this!! It's just one step at a time...

@OKKate, you look adorable! See, you have a nicely shaped head and pretty face...I just know I can't pull that off. I am losing hair but slowly, probably because of the cold caps.

@Char105 -- I'm equally frustrated by the inability to sleep well! It was one thing I did not realize would be an issue during chemo. I'm wondering how much has to do with the drugs, and how much is the fear that can strike when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't turn the brain off. I'd really prefer to be comatose. I want to find out from MO what can be done to fix this.

Here we go, round 2 tomorrow....I am armed and ready with my morning Lorazepam. Fingers crossed to avoid some NEW fresh hell of SE. Best wishes everyone!! xoxo

• murfy
    murfy Member Posts: 254
    edited January 2018
    Options

Neupogen-induced bone pain *UPDATE* - still taking Claritin, but bone pain started about 4 hrs after final Neupogen injection this time. Took 1 Aleve, iced chest and it went away. 4hrs later pain started again and I took Tylenol and pain went away. Took 1/4 tab Tylenol#3 before bed and slept like a baby. Woke up and went to my Tai Chi class. Will take another Claritin this morning, but hoping I have this beat.

Best of luck with your chemos this morning sweet ladies!

• Roxy13
    edited January 2018
    Options

I just saw Amelia's update: I am also wishing your son a very speedy recovery! And you as well!!!

For the ladies worried about SE: I didn't find them to be too bad. I don't mean to brag (not much to brag about when you have cancer :)) - it's for encouragement. I did take the nausea meds at the first sign of very mild nausea and the Tylenol 3 on days 3 to 5 for the bone pain so I managed the SE with the meds they gave me.

I stopped the research a while ago, probably around the time I had my mastectomy. There were times when I got so scared I literally had to shut down my computer. Like my doctor said - you don't have all the context, don't know if the other women had other health issues, for example. So I just read what my doctors give me and think that's more than enough.

Good luck to the ladies starting chemo this week! Please let us know how it went!

XO

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

I got my report and it’s NEGATIVE my friends I won this round NO OSTEOBLASTIC METASTATIC DISEASE!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Roxy13
    edited January 2018
    Options

That’s great news, @worriedme77!!!

• erob321
    erob321 Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2018
    Options

such great news!!!

• WorriedMe77
    edited January 2018
    Options

Yes thank you God, I needed some good news... So now treatment plan is back on.. Waiting in the C center to call me with appt... Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected... We got this ladies we will win!!!

• Char105
    edited January 2018
    Options

That's terrific news.