Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Remembering Kandy 1/18/2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Ronda, thanks so much for the picture. It's so nice to see Kandy with her husband Hal. 

I remember she was hesitant to share pictures, although she "allowed" the photo of you two by the pool. 

Many (((HUGS))) to all. Lifting everyone up in prayer. 

Madelyn / Mominator 

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

I still cannot believe this sad news. Kandy has always been here on BCO since I joined 2.5 years ago and I will miss her. My condolences to her husband Hal and family. Rest in peace, Sweet Kandy, now that you are no longer in pain.

• HoneyBadger47
    HoneyBadger47 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Kandy was always one that when I saw her Avitar on the threads that are not Stage IV I wanted to see what her take was. Always kind, smart, and funny, at times.

I will miss “seeing” her. To all of those who love her on and off these boards, my sincerest condolences. Arms around you.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    Options

I spent the weekend busy with life, and every once in awhile, I found a few moments to think about Kandy and all she brought to the boards. I read her obituary, how she worked as a CT technologist, , and remembered that even with all she was going through, she gave me wonderful insight and advice several months ago when I had concerns regarding a scan and xray I had. She calmed me right down. She was so giving, and caring like that!

She had a beautiful pool in her backyard, surrounded by a beautiful flowers, she posted a photo of it. That was where she loved spending time. She was so honest about what she was feeling, physically and emotionally this past year, and I am very appreciative of that. She really reached out to all of us, and in doing so, she touched our hearts. I am so sad that she is gone. My deepest comdolences to her family and loved ones. May she rest in peace.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

It's amazing how quickly some people impact our lives. Kandy was like that. She was very giving and so open about her struggles and her joys (Harper being way up there). She will be greatly missed.

I've only been on this site for a year and find so much support here. Unfortunately, we also see the other side of this disease, losing friends who we grow to love. It seems to be coming in waves at the moment with the loss of Stagefree, Linda and now dear Kandy, all who contributed so much and gave of themselves so freely. Ultimately, when the time comes, I hope I too will have provided hope and support for everyone on this site.

Rest in peace dear Kandy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Pat

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

So unhappy this happened, why can't we get a cure. She went through so much may she find peace in heaven.

• Groovywilma
    Groovywilma Member Posts: 47
    Options

Ugh, hate to hear this news! My condolences to Kandy's family and friends during this difficult time. I hope they are able to find some peace and strength. I am glad that Kandy is free from the pain now.

• Ronnie3001
    Ronnie3001 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Kandy - Praying for you and your family. I know you are no longer hurting and are with Jesus looking down at us. Thank you for all of your advice and inspiration. You will be missed.

Ronnie

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    Options

Just checking in and feeling heartbroken at Kandy's passing. Even though she started her "downhill" post a year ago, it seemed surprisingly sudden at the end. I always admired Kandy's open and friendly spirit, even when she was going through so much. I choose to remember her sitting with her daughter in her shiny "Kandy apple red" convertible.

Rest easy Kandy. No more pain.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,885
    Options

I look up and speak to her. I Tell her she's free, I tell her to take the form of a beautiful butterfly and twinkle the noses of those you love. Soar the valleys, no more pain, spread your wings and fly. There is nothing holding you down now. What's chemo? All done with chemo my sweet angel. All done. We miss you. We love you. Our beautiful Kandy! Much love forever ~M~

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Kandy sweet sweet lady. You've been a friend to so many. I was on another thread and saw references to Kandy leaving us - i could not believe it. Her soul will be hovering and we could still feel her presence. Go with peace dear Kandy.

Tarheel/Michelle thank you so much for taking the time and sharing with all. You are a good friend.

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 407
    Options

I followed Kandy's posts since I joined back in 2014. I never posted in the stage IV threads because I didn't feel it was my place, but I followed Kandy because she struck me as such a lovely person. I will miss seeing her posts as she truly cared for everyone even when she was struggling. Kandy may you forever Rest In Peace. Hugs to your sweet family. You will be forever missed!

Nancy

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    Options

My heart sank when I saw this. Kandy was so dear and gave and shared so much here. I remember when Harper was born, and sharing her joy of becoming a grandma. I can't believe she's gone. We will miss her so, but now she is free of the pain - soar with the angels, Kandy. Sending prayers and condolences to her family.

• workingmom10
    workingmom10 Member Posts: 25
    Options

I just heard the news about Kandy and I was so heartbroken! She helped me so much when I had questions about my scans and helped calm my fears. Sending prayers to her family!

• georgiaredskin
    georgiaredskin Member Posts: 95
    Options

I am so very sorry to learn about Kandy. Her bright light will be missed here and everywhere. Thank you for all you gave, sweet lady. RIH

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,885
    Options

think of you everyday Kandy..... everyday! May you be soaring above free from pain and worry. Watching and protecting your sweet family! You are missed every day always. ~M~

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    Options

My heart goes out to your family and friends. We will miss her, she was always so helpful and kind. RIP sweet Kandy. Now you are free from the pain and agony of this dreadful disease.

From one of your BC sisters.

Anita

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    Options

My heart goes out to your family and friends. We will miss her, she was always so helpful and kind. RIP sweet Kandy. Now you are free from the pain and agony of this dreadful disease.

From one of your BC sisters.

Anita