Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is this a skin met?

imageimage

hey sisters. So I just finished chemo a couple weeks ago. I had a spot appear on my leg and I noticed it January 28. These two photos are from January 29 and then today (2/15). It doesn't really itch (just a little). Does not hurt. Blanchable. Not a bruise. No clue what to think. Anyone ever see anything like this? The bigger/darker spot is the picture from today and shows how it has progressed.

Comments

• bobwhite
    bobwhite Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018

Hello CIW, I would give my oncologists office a call and talk to them about it. I have IBC but did not have skin mets and do not know much about where and when they pop up. I know 2 people who have skin mets and they are on their breasts or one has them on her back. I always check with the Doc.

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited February 2018

Skin mets will occur on the breast. It likely is another type of skin irritation. Call you oncologist and ask him/her how you can send the pictures to them for them to review. Hoping it subsides soon.

• kathleen1966
    kathleen1966 Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2018

looks like possibly Lyme disease rash. Get tested to be sure. I know it doesn’t have a bulls eye but it kind of looks like the Lyme rash.

• CIW
    CIW Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2018

thank you everyone

Kathleen—I actually already have Lyme disease so I wonder if it’s at all related to that