Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Monitoring and Reducing Risks of Aromatase Inhibitors

Options
13»

Comments

• margun
    margun Member Posts: 385
    edited January 2022
    Options

I wa diagnosed January 2019 with triple positive ductal grade 3 1.5 Cm tumor no positive nodes. Chimio ac &taxol then goldilocks mastectomy. Since October 2019 on Letrozole. After bc my wbc and rbc was always borderline low but the latest was even lower than the normal range 4 wbc and 3.88rbc. Someone told me that letrozole can reduce wbc. I prefer that from recurrence but it is not still a good sign I think. My doc appointment is in 8 days. I hope by then I hear your opinions and if you had a such hopefully temporary drop. Thank

• suzare
    suzare Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2022
    Options

I was traumatized knowing I would have to start Anastrozole as soon as I finished radiation -- I didn't want the radiation to stop. The first time I took that tiny little pill, I threw up from being so scared. I think your suggestion that LoveLau could be suffering from PTSD is a very valid one. I have considered that I may be experiencing that also. Honestly, right after I heard; "You have breast cancer", I think it started working its way into my life. For far too long, the horrible situation LoveLau is in and her many unheard cries for help are so often unheard. She needs help and is practically begging for it. Let's hold her up and encourage her to not give up on finding help.

• suzare
    suzare Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh dear tobyholic, my heart is breaking for you. You are doing all of the right things. There has never been a greater example of being between a rock and a hard place as you are. Two and a half miles sounds amazing to me as I have just been able to get up to one mile and thought I was a rock star...haha! For what it's worth, we can only do what we can do. I read all of the great suggestions here and just *wish* I could do most of them. Be as kind to yourself as you would be to anyone else on here. Keep reaching out here and keep telling your doctors all that you are dealing with and push for some answers and help. Your sisters in BC care about you even if you have never met them. I am relatively new here and have been blessed with amazing kindness and concern. Heart