Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Indent on Areola, Nursing mom

Options
mnmrobins
mnmrobins Member Posts: 2
edited May 2018 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi ladies, new here. I am a 37 year old with a 7 year old at home and a 6 month old, who I am nursing multiple times a day. I have gone through some hard times in the last few years and as a result have developed some pretty good health anxiety, which is not helping me here...

I have an indent in my left areola, that follows the shape of the areola. It goes from about 6 o'clock to 10 o'clock and is only noticeable when I'm nice and warm. If I'm chilly, everything looks normal. It is most definitely there, however, my husband easily notices. I believe it has been there at least as long as my little guy (6 months) but I can't say for sure. It obviously didn't cause me any concern until recently, since I've also been dealing with anxiety. I have no other symptoms of IBC, including no redness or rash, no heat or swelling, no swollen lymph nodes, though about a month ago I had really sharp pain deep in that one breast that went away and never came back. I have stretch marks on the breast part, but this doesn't look like a stretch mark to me.

I do have a doctor's appointment this week but I came across this board and thought I would see what kind of information I could get in the meantime. It is consuming me, as are all the other little twinges in my body that my anxiety has been telling me are advanced and spreading cancer...which I don't notice when Im not in the throws of anxiety. Has anyone seen this or experienced this type of indentation? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi, it can be very disconcerting to find a change in your breast, and it is good to have it checked out. It is very common to have breast changes during nursing. Try to enjoy your baby, and distract yourself, as the worry will only make you feel worse.

You are getting it checked out, and that's the best thing to do! Hang in there, and we're thinking of you! Medicating

• mnmrobins
    mnmrobins Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Options

thank you for your reply. That is good advice, I will try to heed it.

• Leslie735
    Leslie735 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    Options

I have one in my right nipple just the way you described. Noticed it a year ago, had a breast MRI totally clear.