Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Vibrating breast

Options
ESPI
ESPI Member Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

For just over a week I've had this weird vibration on the side of my left breast (like a cell phone was attached to it). I saw my obgyn today and she did a full breast exam and said everything feels fine. Contributing it to a possible pinched nerve or muscle spasm from an aching neck I've had for a little while. I asked her specifically (just to make sure) if that's a symptom of BC and she said no. I get my annual mamo this month.

Comments

• Egads007
    Egads007 Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2018
    Options

ESPI - sounds like a nerve to me...not unlike the vibration I get in my eyelid once in a while when I’m under stress. My DH says it makes me look possessed lol. I also get the buzzing in my wrists if I go too hard at the gym....yup pinched nerves.I think you can breath easy, especially since your obgyn confirms it. Let us know how your mammo goes!

• Lula73
    Lula73 Member Posts: 705
    edited May 2018
    Options

there is actually a “syndrome” where you feel vibration similar to a cell phone in various parts of your body. Almost like a phantom vibration. Taking your cell phone off vibrate and/or not keeping it on your body for a few weeks should make the feeling go away if that’s what it is.

• ceanna
    ceanna Member Posts: 3,120
    edited May 2018
    Options

ESPI. Glad you've already seen your doctor and your annual mammo is coming soon. I hope that relieves your concerns. I would vote for nerve issue and not a breast problem. Especially since you had neck issue. Nerves do lots of strange things!!!

I did have a vibrating sensation in the breast where I had a lumpectomy--it started weeks after the surgery and my doctor told me it was nerve problem and it went away after a period of time. You can read about others' responses on this thread Pulsing/Vibrating sensation in lumpectomy breast The sensation was not present before the surgery or any part of the breast cancer.

I found relief from a good chiropractic kinesiologist.

Wishing you well and hope the sensation resolves itself soon. Let us know how you're doing.

• Lula73
    Lula73 Member Posts: 705
    edited May 2018
    Options

so funny we're talking about this and I responded to the thread on the phantom vibrations... I woke up this morning with a pulsing vibration sensation in my left inner hip joint area. It's driving me crazy. Now if it would only move a little more to the right maybe it would be exciting intead of annoying!😉

• Egads007
    Egads007 Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2018
    Options

Lula - LOL!!!! that was awesome! There's always the spin cycle LOL!!!

Winking

• Danielalp91
    Danielalp91 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hey guys, so ive been searching a lot for an answer on this topic and i was lead here and I hope I can get help, ive been having this vibration sensation for almost a week on my left breast now and it wasn't painful at start and i thought it was fading because it was happening less on Friday, it just felt like a thing that might go away with time, but since last night I've had this pain along with it when it happens and I'm scared is it normal? I've been trying to convince myself that it's just a new symptom since I'm having my period in 10 days and it's just growing or something, I'm sure confused as hell and I'd appreciate it if I get answers or some help on how to get rid of it bkoz it's not comfy to feel anymore and I'm really scared and idk what to do

• ceanna
    ceanna Member Posts: 3,120
    edited May 2020
    Options

Danielalp, welcome. You didn't say whether or not you had breast surgery, but if you did, this sensation could possibly be nerve endings and healing from the surgery. If not, and it continues, along with increasing pain, please call or see your doctor.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,939
    edited May 2020
    Options

I get vibrating sensations in various body parts. It's just compressed nerves, frequently due to sleep positions. If it was in your hand, would your mind jump to hand cancer?